• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Do You Fear?

Guest Wry

So, yeah, what do you fear? It doesn't have to be some paralyzing phobia; any little thing that frightens you counts.

I'm afraid of:

Bees/wasps (that buzzing sound)

Cops

The Ocean (bad incident as a kid; plus I can't swim <_< )

Aging (I'm vain, really, really vain)

That annoying alarm clock sound (to many years waking-up to that; I now have an internal alarm)

Large dogs (you just never know when they're going to snap)

Guest Jessica Hazelet

lol I can't help to think of the movie "The Replacements" when I hear this question. Anyway if you have never seen it, the coach asks what they are afraid of. One says bees, others agree, then spiders and what not. Well they get to the root of it when Shane Falco says "quick sand". I really love this because I think that is me too. Getting stuck and trying to get out, the more you stuggle the deep you get stuck. That is my fear and I owe it all to a pretty cheesy football movie. Yeppers....Quick Sand.

Jessica

Guest Elizabeth K

Razor sharp blades (SLASH SLASH SLASH)

I would rather be shot than stabbed!

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ SHUDDER ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Lizzy

oh oh oh - reaching into a hole and having a snake bite me!!!

What do I fear - is everything and everyone too general of an answer?

I am afraid of heights, small spaces, crowds, endings of relationships (to the point I virtually never start one), rejection, abandonment, flying insects, crawling insects, all arachnids, snakes, eels and isolation.

That is just off the top of my head, I am sure their are more that I am not aware of.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

My biggest fear is getting stuck halfway in my transition....

Not female enough and too female to go back...

That terrifies me!

I need to see this through...I have bad dreams of a doctor telling me that I can no longer be on HRT...

I suppose that if that were to happen ...I'd take matters into my own hands!

And, Helicopters....I REALLY hate helicopters!

Donna Jean

Guest Sotha
Nothing

pfft.

Well, I am arachnophobic, but I'm getting better. I'm somewhat claustrophobic, like, I don't mind being in tight spaces; it's the atmosphere that gets me, the stagnant air. There are other things too, like some sort of permanent and disfiguring disability or family members dying in horrible accidents, but those are more normal. Abandonment and isolation also scare me a bit, but they kind of go hand in hand.

And I agree with DJ about the getting stuck halfway through transition. That would not be fun.

Guest RachaelAnn

I'm extremely claustrophobic. I'm also afraid of heights, water, flying, humiliation, and escalators. Going out female and everyone knowing otherwise. And lastly, being in another gang fight. Long story.

I'm not sure about why on some I just know I don't do well with them.

Rachael

Guest ~Brenda~
Nothing

At my age, and what I have been through.....

I no longer fear even death.

I have reached a level of understanding that I cannot explain.

Fear is fleeting.

Brenda

Guest Maelee

I have a ton of fears. Guess it means I am a bit messed up :P

Rejection, confrontation, tall edges (heights don't bother me, just being near the edge of one, lol), ants and other swarms of buggs, being on a sinking boat (so I guess really drowning, but more just stuck on a sinking ship), being alone during and after transition, imprisonment, knives and blood (sometimes picking up a knife makes me shudder)

Those are the ones I fear the most. I bet if I thought more I could add more but I want to get to bed.

Love and *hugs*

Mae

Guest Blindheart

Doctors, Hospitals, calling people i don't know on the phone, being alone, crushing my fingers.... last one makes sense tho since i have had them crushed in front doors and car doors and while setting up the stage when i was in high school. its amazing i can still use them at all now that i think of all the times they have been crushed over the years.

gawd and now i just scared myself thinking of hospitals, I'm seeing the girl bleeding head to toe crying uncontrollably in the ER when i was 7 again, scary scary. I'm gonna stop thinking about this now i still need to go to bed.

Heights is my worst nightmare, my home is pretty high up and cleaning the gutters terrifies me i put it off as long as i can, now that i have lost so much strength i dought i can even move the ladder into position.

Paula

Guest SuperKali

Mice. Being alone. Pain. Small spaces. Wasps. Mosquitoes. Flies. Centipedes.

I do NOT fear spiders though. In fact, I find them to be beautiful, strong, elegant creatures.

Guest Maelee
Mice. Being alone. Pain. Small spaces. Wasps. Mosquitoes. Flies. Centipedes.

I do NOT fear spiders though. In fact, I find them to be beautiful, strong, elegant creatures.

Spiders never used to bother me till I lived 2 years in Texas. Way to many nasty ones there, so I came to fear them all.

Guest Flistan

I used to have a MAJOR phobia of parasites... >.> I lived in a house surrounded by fir trees and adopted an indoor-outdoor cat. Fir trees+outdoor cat=TICS. T.T Childhood trauma right there. I caught them crawling on me, but if they bit me I'd be screaming, running around everywhere and run into a wall then pass out. Then I felt weird about eating ham about tape worms... then this and that. I'm not that strong about the fear now, but it still gives me the creeps... ><

I'm uncomfortable around large crowds/large groups of friends, pregnant women that want you to feel them (weird I know but it really makes my skin crawl terribly), I have nightmares of people not listening to me and then bad stuff happens to them or me, I'm afraid of seeing my cat hurt or sick- I'd rather give him away and never see him again before he got old than to see him in pain... 3: I love him too much to remember him going through something like that in the future.

I used to be afraid of my dad, but that doesn't bother me anymore. Because of that I used to be afraid of making people upset and/or angry, so I would always be submissive/over-giving to others. I'm trying to pay attention more to my own needs than being a butt-kisser just because I'm afraid of yelling and unhappiness in others. I used to be afraid of arguments...

um, I guess that's it.

Guest Elizabeth K

I fear the dreaded 'MINX."

Its a female creature that slinks around and jumps out at you in the dark - AUGGGGGGG

run run run

Lizzy

I suffer from the most dreaded and crippling of all phobias.

Dictaphobia: The fear of running full-speed backwards--naked--into a cold doorknob, I shared this fear with Johnny Carson.

And of course hippotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia ... which is the fear of long words - which is why during my verbose and oft circumloquacious narratives it is somewhat increasingly probable that I will eschew the obfuscations of a plethora of polysyllabic entomological entities.

*translation - when I ramble in often wordy stories I will try to avoid the confusion of unclear wordings or the use of too many long words.*

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Another fear? Women running after me with bis black iron skillets!

... which is why during my verbose and oft circumloquacious narratives it is somewhat increasingly probably that I will eschew the obfuscations of a plethora of polysyllabic entomological entities.

I minored in "Verbose' in College - let me translate:

...which is why during my periods of "insanely weird" need to "overuse" descriptive terms in my writing - my need to use $2 words, and not ask for change - that cause you to wonder 'WHAT THE......." when reading my stuff.

Specific definitions for your information:

circumloquacious - slang words used in a circus, a special lingo meant to confuse the 'marks' in con-games. Also a type of cloud formation.

eschew - a sneeze. Also a pinch of tobacco used between cheek and jowl

obfuscations - fortifications at the top of castles to protect the archers - also a undefinable crossword puzzle word, usually 57 or 89 across in the Sunday TIMES puzzles

plethora - the space between the ceiling and the attic. Also a certain type of flatworm.

polysyllabic - a reference to the various diseases brought back to Europe by the Spanish, after the conquest of South America. Also a kind of water-soluable fat.

entomological entities - the study of insects - specifically 'lady-bugs" - also a description of a type of space alien. (Sci Fi)

I hope this helps!

Lizzy

Guest Flistan
plethora - the space between the ceiling and the attic. Also a certain type of flatworm.

Ew you said flatworm! >< *cringe*

T.T

More parasites...

They are pretty at times though...

Lizzy - I just added another fear!

Someone actually using that dictionary of yours!

Put down the Justin Wilson Dictionary edited by Norm Crosby and use my Polo English Dictionary (I am a bit too casual to use the Oxford one).

Donna Jean's biggest fear is called -Hottamalephobia - an insane fear of any spicy foods. (This condition was magnified by Lizzy in one memorable dinning incident in Memphis - involving a baby ear of corn from a Kung Pow Chicken dish)

Love ya,

Sally

And I am actually interested in Ladybugs. :)

Guest Elizabeth K

And I am actually interested in Ladybugs

Me too - I just love a ladybug! So feminine, so pretty... so good to hold and look at. GOD's gift to us - those ladybugs!

Lizzy