• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Another Vlog Attempt...on /my/ Forum?!

Guest Quinn

Guest StrandedOutThere

Positive is that my first T injection will be in just a little over a week.

Congrats! WOOT!

Two rants are...still haven't gotten my package from likereal and their customer service is bizarre and strange, and my girlfriend is getting some crap for dating me. She's the absolute sweetest person in the world, but apparently old friends/acquaintances from a church she used to go to are basically shunning her...because of me. They've only met me once, barely, at a going away party for someone she knew. I was introduced as her boyfriend, but I'm assuming someone (IE one of her "friends", who has known and been seemingly accepting of me for over a year) went around and pointed stuff out to make all the church people uncomfortable. So much for Jesus saying love thy neighbor, eh? Her mom and whatnot are still convinced Luna's just gay and in the closet about it, because "if she liked guys she'd be dating a guy". It's such stupid crap, and I feel so bad that someone so genuinely sweet and nice like Luna has to deal with all of this. She's really disappointed by a lot of people around her. It just sucks that even though I'm a genuine, nice, good person...that all doesn't matter, because everyone is too busy being obsessed with my genitals.

:/

I've heard others, like on LiveJournal, complain aobut LikeReal's customer service. I think you'll eventually get the thing, much more likely than if you'd ordered from Mango, it might be slow and they may screw up the color. That happened to someone I know.

My experiences with church folk have not been so good but fortunately haven't been extensive. Even if they aren't freaked out, they won't acknowledge you as "real". My guess is that this is why my family still won't really make a serious effort with pronouns. I think it all has something to do with them believing God made us a certain way and presenting as anything other than the socially determined gender roll we were handed based on our unfortunate genital status isn't valid.

The genital obsession thing weirds me out. I think my girlfriend has been surprised by some of the things people feel comfortable asking transpeople and their significant others. It's amazing how disrespectful people can be!

Guest My_Genesis

Congrats! WOOT!

I've heard others, like on LiveJournal, complain aobut LikeReal's customer service. I think you'll eventually get the thing, much more likely than if you'd ordered from Mango, it might be slow and they may screw up the color. That happened to someone I know.

My experiences with church folk have not been so good but fortunately haven't been extensive. Even if they aren't freaked out, they won't acknowledge you as "real". My guess is that this is why my family still won't really make a serious effort with pronouns. I think it all has something to do with them believing God made us a certain way and presenting as anything other than the socially determined gender roll we were handed based on our unfortunate genital status isn't valid.

The genital obsession thing weirds me out. I think my girlfriend has been surprised by some of the things people feel comfortable asking transpeople and their significant others. It's amazing how disrespectful people can be!

Like that Calpernia Addams video... "why would you ask someone to show you a picture of them during one of the worst times in their life?"

Guest StrandedOutThere

Like that Calpernia Addams video... "why would you ask someone to show you a picture of them during one of the worst times in their life?"

Yeah, that video is hilarious. She puts the smack down.

Guest vertigo

In the first vlog entry it looked liked you felt really uncomfortable. You sound more comfortable and natural in your other entries, which is great. A vlog is a great thing, because you can express things in a totally different way when you're using your voice and body language, not just words. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Quinn

I strike again.

This one is about my first T injection, my move to CA, me being miffed that they took my MA ID and gave me a temporary not-quite-usable-as-ID license, and the like. Forgot to mention that I have more sustained energy after the T shot. Not huge amounts, but a reasonably noticeable amount.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

So,

you will find my eleventh update. I think you might here the tiniest twinges of my voice changing a bit, and there's just some notes about how I'm going to be meeting up with some people in LA and stuff. More exciting updates should follow in the next couple of weeks. xD

Um. I'm not sure if this was said or not, but you look like Shia Labeouf. ^_^

Hahaaa, I think I have heard this a couple times actually. And I have a feeling once it was my girlfriend who said it, cause I read her this comment and she was all "SEE?! I TOLD YOU!" xD Thank you, I guess? He's a decent looking fellow, haha.

Watched and replied :)

Read and replied :3

Guest StrandedOutThere

So,

you will find my eleventh update. I think you might here the tiniest twinges of my voice changing a bit, and there's just some notes about how I'm going to be meeting up with some people in LA and stuff. More exciting updates should follow in the next couple of weeks. xD

I totally hear the voice change. Way cool!