• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transitioning

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

I have an opinion (LIZZY! Shame!)

A gender dyshoric person who is diagnosed transsexual is offered options. I maintain that if you proceed to a comfort level you have transitioned.

Say you chose hormone treatments (MTF or FTM) and NO surgery?

Say you chose NO hormone treatment and NO surgery?

As long as you get to that point where you are what you are, and present that way, you have successfully transitioned.

Opinions?

Elizabeth

Guest Evan_J

A gender dyshoric person who is diagnosed transsexual is offered options. I maintain that if you proceed to a comfort level you have transitioned.

As long as you get to that point where you are what you are, and present that way, you have successfully transitioned.

Opinions?

Elizabeth

Exactly.

Ditto.

And right.

and the key phrase was and present that way; as long as there was movement (ok another key element) from dysphoric to at peace and it is lived out publicly then to all of my understanding and opinion "transition" has occured.

Guest Donna Jean

Oh, yes......

A transition is like a journey from one point to another .....

A to B..........

So when you arrived at "B" you have transitioned because it is where you were going. Your destination.

No one else can tell you when you get there.....only you know ....

HRT, Surgery, Electrolysis....doesn't really matter ....it depends on one's needs....

That's my take!

Donna Jean

• Admin

That's very true, Elizabeth. I couldn't agree more.

I have one relative and many friends who have, for a wide variety of reasons, decided that living as female

or male, and taking hormones to assist with that, is not for them. They have reached a comfort level, at

least for now, with whatever stage they are in.

Most reserve the right to change that in the future, if their dysphoria gets worse, or their life situation changes.

But in their minds, and as far as I'm concerned, they are transsexual and have transitioned.

Being at peace with who you are is the ONLY important consideration.

Carolyn Marie

I couldn't have put it better myself, Liz. We are transitioning to be comfortable; I think it follows that we have transitioned when we are comfortable.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I suppose? I mean I'm very comfortable at the point I'm at now but I'm also looking forward to continuing on with my transition.

Guest angie

I can say yes you can to that Lizzy.

My very dear friend Ruby lived for six and a half years

as a woman without aid of hormones.( I finally hounded

her into going to my/our doc and get prescribed her HRT)

But she was and is totally at peace with who she is,and lives

her life VERY Out.Was/is the first transwoman to run for public

office in SanAntonio,is the public face of SAGA as our group

president,and is part of the LGBT Democrates also. So yes you

can find a personal peace at where ever you may choose,or have

to stop in your transition. Yeppa you can.

Angie

I agree with Lizzy - surprise - transitioning is for yourself not for others - go just as far as you need and be at peace with yourself and be happy.

If you can never see yourself transitioned and at peace then you never will be - the vision needs to be first without it you are on a journey without any destination and without end.

I believe that I would like to have SRS but if that never happens I will be fully transitioned as soon as I am full time.

That is my opinion so that is all I need.

Love ya,

Sally

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TracieV3

Opinions?

Elizabeth

Exactly. The whole point of transitioning is 'to be yourself'.

Tracie

Guest ChalenAustin

I have personally reached a point wher I know I plan to transition farther, but for now, I am exactly where I am supposed and need to be!

I think I pass bc I think I look the way I should if I was born me minus the puberty aspect of it. The rest of the planet disagrees but they're not me!

Could use a wardrobe update but trival things aside.... I knew I had transitioned 4 years ago when I decided to realize who I really was and make small steps toward becoming that person INSIDE then OUT! And like I just said apparently the out is very debatable! :D

Transition just means to shift from one phase to another really.

Look at all the endless possiblities in that!

Sorry forgot- if they're endless then no on can see them all. Tee hee!

20years from now- that's another story.

Hey Gen! I hope you've made some progress with those surgeries by then! :D

Guest SusanKG

I think that if I have not had GRS I have not transitioned. I may well have reached a comfort level - maybe temporary, maybe permanent - but I have not transitioned. I am of course in process, but if I have the male equipment trespassing on my body, I am not finished. Every thing else is cosmetic. Some of what most of us go through may be extremely important to our transition to one degree or another: clothes, hair, voice, mannerisms, hormones, electroylisis, telling family and friends, a hundred other things, but if I have not changed my body to match my mind and catch up to my soul, that is transitioning, not transition. One year or sixty, there must be a destination to this journey. Oh please, tell me there is!

SusanKG