• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do You Know Anyone Here In Real Life?

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

I think that I know only Mika (KaosMikazuki) in real life, for though I have begged my other real life transgender friends to join they never get around to it. :( I'm wondering how many people, if any, know each other in real life?

Guest Donna Jean

Good one, Praised!

Lets see, Lizzy, Sally, Becky, Mike (Bulldog) Paula, Jayden.....

I talk with some of these folks on a daily basis on Skype!

So, when you say

Who you know in real life...these are the people that I've met and touched!

Huggs.....

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

From Laura's? Sally, Donna Jean, and Carolyn Marie. I also know 'eye of the teal' but she was only on briefly. AshleyRF lives about two hours from me and I keep saying we will meet - thats gonna happen!

So yes - we exist.

Lizzy

I KNOW! I keep promoting Laura's to my transfriends, but they don't ever get here.

I have been fortunate enough to meet several and am extremely close to them as well as so many that I have not met - yet!

Donna Jean and Lizzy and I all met in September of last year, since then I have met Sarah F and Becky TG - they are all quite real and just like you would expect them to be from reading their posts (except they are all better looking than they say they are).

I have plans in the works for meetings with several others - work, money and locations being the only stumbling block.

I have yet to meet an FTM - I don't know why but I haven't been in the same area with any that I know of.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

I've met but one so far, sweet Elizabeth K., but I hope to meet many more in the future. I know several from Skype

video cams, and those are almost as good. There is nothing like a touch, a hug, and eye to eye contact though. :D

Carolyn Marie

Carolyn, I would love to have eye to eye contact with you so do bring a box to stand on, OK?

I am going to try to meet a number of other members along the way as time and money permits.

I have long been thinking of taking my TRANSAMERICA TOUR to meet as many of you as possible.

Maybe my book will sell so well that I can go on a book signing tour and you can all drop by to see me - just tell the people managing the crowds, "Laura sent me." :D

Love ya,

Sally

Nah,,,love to tho . The men and women here are so good to know

** electronically ** and to meet one of you folks in real life would

be such a thrill . Well,,stranger things have happened so you never

know ,,,luv,viv :)

• Admin
Carolyn, I would love to have eye to eye contact with you so do bring a box to stand on, OK?

Love ya,

Sally

ROFL. :lol:

No, you have it all wrong, Sally. I'll just stand on level ground, while you stand in a pothole. :P Of course, it

will have to be a foot deep pothole. :huh:

Carolyn Marie

Guest doodle

No. It would be nice to meet some of you. Once some one was talking about a get together, it would be nice for some of us to meet in a place like cherry grove on fire island.

Kelly

Guest Pammy

I'd love to meet some of my sisters IRL, or even on Skype. I only know ONE IRL, and she's not here.

When I am working, I do get around so you never know when I'll be visiting your area, you have to keep in touch to find out when and where. Of course, I can't usually come to you, being as I drive a big semi truck and residential streets are tough to park on. But if there's a truck stop near you, I can arrange to visit if I am in the area.

I will be trekking across Texas in the very near future, possibly next week, on my way to Arkansas. Sometime later this year, I will be heading east across Texas and the rest of the south on my way to Jacksonville Fl and Miami Fl to be with my good friend Rita as she goes for her orchie. Anyone along that route? Anyone? Bueller? LOL!

Anyway, I do share my Skype info and even my cell number to nice people...just ask! I kinda like to get to know you before I give out my personal number but I tend to be a good judge of character. Email or Skype is a good first contact.

El Paso gets LONELY for a transwoman!

Love

Pamela

Guest Donna Jean

Yo, Pammy.......

I'm one mile off the interstate in Ohio.....77-70 cross right near me...There is a handy truck stop where we could meet & eat!

Pencil me in......OK?

Huggs

Donna Jean

Have only briefly met Naomi Stardust. It would be sinful if we don't get together again since we live only a few miles apart.

It is good to meet other souls in person. It's been good to go to the local TS support meetings as well as the local CD club - something about being with real people that we can't get here on Laura's.

But I wouldn't trade this place for anything - warm, safe, the best people in the world! I do hope to meet more of you down the road...

Love, Kat

Guest Amanda joan

I had dinner last Wednesday with Natalie Rene.

I expect to see her tomorrow and she just invited me to her Birthday party.

We are in all the same groups TGEA is a monthly Trans support group that meets in Arlington Virginia. And we both go to the George Washington University weekly transwoman support group.

I have met many transmen and transwomen and thay have all ( save one ) been wonderful people that I would be happy to invite into my home any day of the week.

Last December I attended a Gala for trans people. We gathered at the Crystal City Holiday Inn and had a grand time eating, drinking and dancing. There were well over 80 people there and we all had a great time.

I have several that I E-mail back and fort with all the time. I also have one who always finds a way to get us both into the craziest situations. She have the most excentrict group of friends.

We are all over.

Peace & Love Amanda

Guest mrgeof2m1991

I haven't met her yet and I don't know if she is on the forum but is in the Chat. Her name is Avianne. I will meet her in a few weeks. There is also my friend Max who I will also meet in a few weeks. He introduced me to the Chat. There is one person that I know (have met met) from the Chat but I don't know if he is in the forums.

• Forum Moderator

Well, I've only met one- and the only,the incompararble [sp] Ms Donna Jean . And, beleive me folks, she and Darcy are just as sweet in person as Dee Jay is here on the board. And, the time that we spent together, we had a blast and I know that our friendship will last a lifetime.

Mike

Guest Cayden

I have not met anybody from this site but I have seen a couple of brothers and sisters around my town. I really do not have enough courage to go to the local support group but one day I might.

I have not met anybody from this site but I have seen a couple of brothers and sisters around my town. I really do not have enough courage to go to the local support group but one day I might.

Cayden,

I am telling you just do it and go, you will be glad you did, the group i have gone to over the last 16 months is like a family , we talk on the phone, go out to dinner after meetings etc.

The cornerstone of our group and the majority of groups is confidentiality, and you can usually go dressed how you feel comfortable.

Paula

Guest RachaelAnn

I talk to Charlene Leona on messenger fairly regularly. I have a couple friends that I met that aren't from here at Lauras, but one of them is how I found the site.

Rachael

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 307 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Sally Stone
    • SamC
    • Carolyn Marie