• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Meladine To Improve Laser Removal Of Gray Hair

Guest Virginia_

Guest Blossom

Has anyone had or even know of someone who has had favorable results using Meladine to improve the effectiveness of laser on gray/light hair? My laser treatment is a two thousand dollar unlimited package with a two year guarantee. The last thing I wanted to do was to have to pay for electro on top of that. I wanted the stuf to work, I really did. I used it religiously, SIX applications thoroughly rubbed it into the skin TWICE daily, exactly as recommended. After going through 7 bottles at $75 each that barely last long enough for the time between monthly laser sessions , other than a nasty case of foliculitis after each session, I don't believe it helped clear one gray hair. With 16 laser sessions and a dozen hours of electro under my belt, my money is better spent on electro for the gray the laser can't get.

Blossom

I am afraid that like most things that appear too good to be true - they are.

Hair removal - permanent hair removal is done by heating the follicle to destroy its ability to grow hairs - it is done by laser - heating the hair with light and allowing the heat to move to the root and heat the follicle - heat transmission through colors works best on darker colors (Go to a parking lot in the heat of the day and touch a black car and then a white one - which one raised a blister?) - Electrolysis inserts a metal probe into each follicle and heats it with electricity - ZAP! - some people get decent results with Radio frequency generating the heat - bu t not everyone.

Electrolysis no matter how slow, painful and expensive it may be is the one way that all colors of hair can be removed - it goes directly to the root of the problem (sorry about that!)

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

It seems as though too many people that opt for laser have to return for "Touch ups" year after year....

I'm doing electrolysis from the start....it's known to be the only true permanant hair removal system!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Blossom

Please understand, I am not being critical of laser hair removal. Just Meladine as a way to enhance its effectiveness on gray/light hair. I am not a hairy person, but before I started laser, I could grow a beard like the GEICO Caveman. Sixteen sessions have done an AMAZING job at clearing my face, for good, with the exception of more gray hair than I care to admit I had.

Laser hair removal is a highly effective global way to remove hair for many people. My electrologist describes it as the nuclear bomb before the ground troops go in, a process that works hand in hand with electrolysis/thermolysis to clear hair quickly. The fact that the treatment has not yet jumped through all the legal hoops to be recognized as a "permanent" means of hair removal by the FDA should not lead anyone to question its effectiveness anymore than he should be concerned about getting sick just because the milk expired yesterday.

I am an engineer. The theory for Meladine is sound. By treating the skin with topical squid ink, the melanin in the follicle is temporarily increased, effectively increasing the absorbed laser energy to the range of dark hair. It is the only "FDA approved" method to improve the effectiveness of laser for gray/light hair. The only problem is, I have been unable to find anyone beside the folks who sell the stuff who can vouch for its effectiveness. So much for FDA approval...

Blossom

Guest Donna Jean
Please understand, I am not being critical of laser hair removal. Just Meladine as a way to enhance its effectiveness on gray/light hair. I am not a hairy person, but before I started laser, I could grow a beard like the GEICO Caveman. Sixteen sessions have done an AMAZING job at clearing my face, for good, with the exception of more gray hair than I care to admit I had.

Blossom

No...no...no, Hon....

I know that you're not...

I almost opted for laser, too...for the very same reasons...To get, en mass, as much as possible before electrolysis....

My electrologist also does laser and she said that I was a poor candidate for laser...so, I took her word for it.

And I understand the principle behind the Meladine...it's sound reasoning....

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

GOOD TOPIC

Very nice for those facing hair removal to read. I especially liked the nuclear bomb analogy!

GRIN

Lizzy

Guest Blossom

Elizabeth K wrote:

GOOD TOPIC

Very nice for those facing hair removal to read. I especially liked the nuclear bomb analogy!

Moderators, possibly a sticky for the hair removal forum?

Blossom