• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Avatar

JJ

• Forum Moderator

I am really getting braver and more open now

I couldn't find just the right picture for my avatar so I made one today. My paints aren't where I can get to them easily right now so I did it on my computer paint program. A first.

It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted -I am never happy with my art work, ever- but I think it expresses what I want right now. It's titled "Duality."

So I'd like to know what you think-and I promise that constructive criticism is fine. Any criticism is fine. The difficulty about showing my work is because it exposes my inner self somehow and not because I mind criticism. And this is just something I spent an hour or so doing not a painting or anything.

Then again is it even big enough to see?

JJ

Guest Opal

Hi JJ,

Your new avatar is nice and easy to see. Quite unique! I think you did a very expressive piece there. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hugs,

Opal

JJ, very nice indeed, if i drew it they would be stick figures.

Paula

Guest NatashaJade

I like it, JJ! It is very recognizable at a glance, which is what a good avatar should be. Plus it expresses you. Well done!

luv

Gin

• Forum Moderator

Nope-that avatar just looked BAD uploaded. It looked like a cartoon that small-and I need to work more with paint programs. I really ended up hating it.

In my defense I had stayed up talking to my daughter te nighht before-2 1/2 hours sleep impairs judgment!

This'll do till I find what I want -it does fit a part of my personality.

JJ

Guest NatashaJade
Nope-that avatar just looked BAD uploaded. It looked like a cartoon that small-and I need to work more with paint programs. I really ended up hating it.

In my defense I had stayed up talking to my daughter te nighht before-2 1/2 hours sleep impairs judgment!

This'll do till I find what I want -it does fit a part of my personality.

JJ

I like this one, too! Very heroic!

luv

Gin

• Forum Moderator
I like this one, too! Very heroic!

luv

Gin

Actually I always wanted to be a Knight In Shining Armor.

And he looks a lot like I probably would have if I had been been biologically male-I have a square jaw, broad shoulders, blond hair, high cheekbones and about the same nose.

Symbolically- he has an open visor and I just came out of hiding to myself

I'm not sure we're heroic but I do descend from long lines of warriors and adventurers. One was even a knight killed in the Holy Lands on crusade.

JJ