• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why? Why? Why?!?

Guest chngnwnd

Guest chngnwnd

Why is it that I am the one who makes the least amount of mess in the bathroom but I am the only one who cleans it, and it is nasty beyond imagining when I clean it (no matter how frequently I do it)?

• Root Admin

Because they see you as a neat freak and they know you'll do it. Try leaving it a mess and see how long it takes for them to clean up. Unless they're total pigs, it shouldn't take too long.

• Forum Moderator

Because you're the one who cares.

I'm the neat freak living with two slobs. Lovable, wonderful slobs but slobs. I've tried bribes and every emotion al outburst or motivation known to man. It's like shouting at a wall to get out of my way. I have to get downright menacing to keep even a pair of pliers where I can find them

Let me know if you find a way to motivate those for whom cleanliness is not only not a virtue but a foreign concept.

JJ

• Admin

Here hon, maybe this will cheer you up, or provide inspiration for the next time.

"My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you? "

Erma Bombeck

Carolyn Marie