• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Need Some Computer Help

Guest paulv67

Guest paulv67

in advance sorry didnt know where else to place this

I am having problems with the chat room and emailed "Stu" about it but no reply Is He Still with us here?

• Root Admin

I am having problems with the chat room and emailed "Stu" about it but no reply Is He Still with us here?

Have you previously registered with the chat and are now having problems signing in?? Is your JAVA up to date? If not, it needs to be up dated. You have to allow popups and cookies also. The chat is a separate entity from the forums so you must register there also. You can still use the same username and password as here if you'd like.

Hope this helps.

MaryEllen

Guest paulv67

I am not quit sure whats happening I have the latest java and cookies are enabled as well as allowing popups I am using ubuntu 10.04 when using ubuntu 8.04 I had little problems with this

Guest Elizabeth K

Java chat has automatic updates sometimes. One may have conflicted with something in your systeem. I had that problem for a while - I could reach chat but the log-in would not pop up. I uninstalled and reinstalled Java - erased all my cookies (there is a task) and reworked assess to programs I wanted. And I disallowed pop-ups except to this site, which I put on the 'always' list. Still didn't work! I was on Vista and I upgraded to Windows 7 - now it works!

Guest Donna Jean
I was on Vista and I upgraded to Windows 7 - now it works!

Oh, Lizzy....

Didn't they tell you?

Vista Sux!

All better now!

LOVE

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K
Oh, Lizzy....

Didn't they tell you?

Vista Sux!

All better now!

LOVE

Donna Jean

Figured that out on my own!

LOVE

Elizabeth

• Admin

Stu here, sorry I got swept up in paperwork and forgot to reply to your email.

I'm afraid Ubuntu is a mystery to me, I'll ask around the techie people I know and post here if I find anything,

sorry again.

Paul :

You can always try a older version of java to see if it works where the newer one does not .. those can be found at :

http://www.oldapps.com/java.htm

Monica_Jennifer

Guest Dani4Life

Well if I remember correctly the default web browser for Ubuntu is Firefox which is usually fine with the chatroom. You should make sure that firefox isnt blocking and scripts or java applets first. If you can't get it working in firefox I would suggest trying another browser such as Google Chrome or Iceweasel (which i think is actually just a variation of firefox)

Are you also sure that Java has been installed properly and all dependent packages are also installed? (I dont know if java depends on anything but just making sure)

Let us know how you make out :)

~Dani

well the fault isn't with the latest ubuntu, whenever a new and heavily used linux distro update is released always install on a small partition just to test compatability, could be a temporary problem as the chat just updated not too long back (know because whenever it does current used version (lemur) turns text white short term rendering names illegible). Would advise reloading the page a few times as java can be funny with it. is it by any chance displaying a grey box rather than chat window?

Guest paulv67

Donna Jean:

The chat room issue is fixed I can now see the chats thanks for all the help

I'll send this where Stu can see it.....

Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean
Donna Jean:

The chat room issue is fixed I can now see the chats thanks for all the help

YAY for me!

Uh......YAY for you!

OHHhhhhh.....YAY for US!

Glad you got it going, Hon!

HUGGGGGGGS!

Donna Jean