• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Waist Training

Guest ConfusionAtItsBest

Guest ConfusionAtItsBest

Okay, so I didn't really know where this one was supposed to go so I threw it in this section. (forgive me in advance if I start getting off track, I'm really really hyper right now.) But I was wondering, how do you do the waist training, I know it's with corsets but I'm confused, do you order a size 30" waist corset if your waist is 30" or do you order like a size 25" if you have a 26" waist? I'm starting to take the first steps of my transition right now so I'm exploring all my options, this is just one of the things I was confused about and wanted some clarification on.

Guest Donna Jean

Hon.....

I really don't have an answer for you, because I don't know, but, I'll answer your post to bump it back to the top so everyone can see it....OK?

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Wendae

I have the same question but it concerns girdles. They say women have a 10" difference between their waist and hips. So how do you get a snug fit?

Guest ConfusionAtItsBest

Hmm... I guess I can talk to some corset designers. I would think you would go a size or two down since you're trying to get a figure.

• 2 months later...
Guest ErinXY

Okay, so I didn't really know where this one was supposed to go so I threw it in this section. (forgive me in advance if I start getting off track, I'm really really hyper right now.) But I was wondering, how do you do the waist training, I know it's with corsets but I'm confused, do you order a size 30" waist corset if your waist is 30" or do you order like a size 25" if you have a 26" waist? I'm starting to take the first steps of my transition right now so I'm exploring all my options, this is just one of the things I was confused about and wanted some clarification on.

It depends how the corset sizing is measured. Some corsets are advertised by their measurement around the waist when fully laced, which should be 2-4 inches less than your natural waist size. So if your waist is 30", you should get a corset that measures 26 or 28" when fully laced (I'd lean 26, personally, but don't go more than 4 inches under your waist size unless you have experience with a corset).

However, I think professionally corsets are given a size that is ten more than your waist size. So with a 30" waist, you'd want a size 40 corset, which would be 26" when fully laced.

It's best to ask if you're unsure about what their sizes are indicating, though.

Guest JackieP

Hi,

I have custom ordered in the past and they usually advice you to allow 4" gap - eg. - 30" actual waist - order 26" to allow for cinching. After a while, if you train properly, you'll find you will need a smaller one or need your original modified.

Usually if you order a pre-made they just go by waist size - I reccomend a custom made as they take all your measurements, hips, chest, bust, length etc. - they have measuring guides, and are more comfortable to wear and look better as well. I purchased from ..... " Meschantes Designs " - on the internet. I should add, some are more for " Looks " than actual waist training so be sure of what you want ! They do work if you can put up with them. They have a break in period - the stays have to conform to your body and get more comfortable with wear. Lacing them yourself takes practice as well !!

Hope this helps !

Jackie :D

Guest miss kindheart

Yep 4" smaller than your waist is recommended :)

A custom corset is best, but can run you close to $500 :blink:

I have bought many off of Ebay and they are quite lovely, and fit me well enough :D

Do a search there and you will find thousands, if you desire a leather one , just search leather corset. They are my favorite.

You will find many suitable ones for around $50 to $80, very beautiful I might add.

Most corset wearers start out with what is called a training corset, it is a under bust pull over your head type. This allows it to be laced tighter than others with closures.

A good leather training corset doesn't have much give, you will find that you are not as hungry, and will eat less and loose weight :rolleyes: I call it the corset diet :lol:

Many Tgirls only take them off for bathing :blush:

A corset will make your breast appear bigger :)

Getting in and out of one can be a bit of work, it is best to have a girl friend help you, but it can be done solo.

I re-laced all of mine so that there are two sets of strings one starts at the top and the other at the bottom. they join in the center. I simply pull the two joined strings from the center and loop them over each side of a door knob. I then back way as I work the slack out of the lacing and tighten it .

I highly recommend you try one :wub:

:wub: vanna

Guest Elizabeth K

i ALWAYS seem to have some experience with so many of these topics! I swear I am not making anything up!

Coincidence. We have a local Renaissance Faire and there is also one in Texas I want to go to. I have been attending these things for years but always in mundane - so this year (my first full time living) I resolved to get together an outfit, (PHOTOS pending - grin) The central part of my dressing is a leather bustier. It could have been fabric but when researching, I discovered I loved the look of leather - and the black color is exactly what I want.

I found some bustier , cinchers, corsets - by Googling womens clothes - Renaissance, but I shopped and found what I really wanted in an Ebay store - LadyFaire.com I think is the store. I orderd it using information from talking with a good friend - a FTM who has RenFaired for years - and once used corsets in female mode (thank you JJ). The key? Buy a good one that is lined and stayed properly, becuse... well... they are gonna take some getting accustomed to and your body and the corset need to be in sync... grin.

The sites usually tell you how to order. Yes - I am now (after a lot of dieting) a 38" waist. You MUST wear a chimese or a light top under -or you are going to leave some pretty dark bruses!

I ordered a 34" as the smallest possible cinching. It was advertized 36" to 40" waist. It said if you are already a 34" waist it will be too large. There you go.

Of additional interest? It had instructions on training. Leather moulds to the body, and does best when it is at body temperature. So this model has back laces and front laces. the back are two sets that meet in the center - the front starts low and goes to the top. After you get it working and moulded to your corset figure in the cinch position, it seems best to have the back set and tied where you want and then FULLY cinch down the front. But when training it is usually the other way - you semi-close the front, then get help to cinch the back.

You cannot train in one session. I used three sessions, which were four or five hours each, to get the leather shapped to me. I never went for the tight 34" at first - but rather the 38", then the 36", and then 35" - only after I trained the corset (It trained me!) DID I EVER CINCH TO THE TRUE 34 - WHOA!

Spectacular results! BUT it is not a girdle - it is really a bustier - what I intend for my outfit. You CAN breath - but only from the upper lungs. This is AMAZING as that is where the girl voice is - so you actually get that by default. Secondly, you better not have eaten, and you better not plan on eating! Its very limited what you can put in your stomach when cinched down.

And a final benefit? My back tends to get a little sore when I stand too long - the corset gives fantastic support!

Okay, how do you manage four or five hours with it on? Sleep in it! OMG - but you will get up in the night and take it off because you will have very strange dreams!

So enjoy - be careful though - those are internal organs you are squishing and rearranging! Your liver is to your right under the rib cage, your kidneys are in the back, both sides. Your stomach and intestines are going to compete with whatever you squish down, usually your pancreas. If you start to hurt, TAKE IT OFF immediately.

And for making a girly figure? It's a contridiction - a bustier squashes the breasts flat, but upward (you've seen those Elizabethian Period Movies). And you get a waist - but it's round like an inverted barrel, not a flat stomach like a young girl

FUN

Expensive too...

Lizzy