• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Groin Guards And Physical Sports

Guest karl636

Guest karl636

So I started doing taekwondo again back in late January and am loving it. As I have now progressed up to the next belt, it is mandatory for me to buy sparring equipment, now I can get most of that without any awkwardness however it is compulsory for males to wear a groin guard. Now as someone who was born female I don't have the same equipment in my pants however the people at the taekwondo know me as male and therefore it would not be acceptable for me to NOT wear a groin guard.

So my question is this, where is the best place to buy a groin guard (I live in the UK) and will it feel uncomfortable to wear with what I have. Not wearing a groin guard is not an option is this case as I don't want to be out as trans here. I have come along way to acheive stealth status and I want to keep it that way.

Any tips at all would be great

Thanks

Karl

Guest i is Sam :-)

pretty much any sports shop should sell them, JJB for instance. and umm, I guess you can always fill it with something, it shouldn't be too uncomfortable but if you get kicked, then the edges are gonna dig into you, so filling it with something soft would probably be the best option.

Guest ramoneskid

Yo Karl, that's pretty awesome you're taking taekwondo. So anyway, I bought a jockstrap at wal-mart a few months ago for like ten bucks (somewhere around that price range). As much as I want to burn wal-mart I really needed one to properly secure my junk (the boxer-elastic wasn't doing it anymore), it was the cheapest and closest I could find one (and I couldn't tear open the thick plastic packaging with my teeth without looking suspicious). So I'd suggest when using a groin-guard or whatever you choose to use, go for packing it with a soft-packee. :)

Peace, Sylvester

Guest lvmyftm

Any sporting goods store would have them and many drug store type places in the US sell them too. As for comfort....no it won't be very comfortable, its a hard piece of plastic in your crotch. Most bio guys hate wearing them because they are uncomfortable. But you do what you gotta do. Having been born female bodied isn't going to make wearing a cup, as we call it in the US, any more uncomfortable for you. It actually might make it more comfortable for you as you might be able to get away with wearing a child size one rather than an adult one. Less hard plastic to get poked with.