• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Spoke With My Dad

Guest SouthernBelle

Guest SouthernBelle

It was the day before Father's Day. And I had received a bit of bad news. My mom called and told me that my grandma was in the hospital (she's OK now). My mom said that my Dad was down at the hospital with her and that he was going to call me so I could speak with my grandma.

When he and I spoke, it was as if he never stopped talking to me. That's my dad--he's all business. Anyway, I told him that it was so good to hear his voice and I asked him if I could come by for Father's Day and give him a present.

The next day, I came over and I gave him a jar or pickled pepperoncini peppers and a can of cashews. The man has everything he could ever want and I usually just give him a picture of me or my little family, but I don't want any more pictures of me in boy clothes and I'm in the middle of a divorce sooo...

ANYWAY! I went over there and I gave him a card that said some very sweet and loving things. He didn't respond much to it, but that's the way he is. He just pretended nothing ever happened and we all had a good time. We sat on the couch and talked and we went and looked at his vegetable garden and we just... had a good time.

He asked me what my plans are. CRAP! That means I'm still cut off... sort of. He still has me on his payroll, but... gee, I don't know. We've hardly discussed the situation. But that's OK. We're talking now and that alone means the world.

HUGGS AND KISSES

Belle

Guest ReginaRenea

It was the day before Father's Day. And I had received a bit of bad news. My mom called and told me that my grandma was in the hospital (she's OK now). My mom said that my Dad was down at the hospital with her and that he was going to call me so I could speak with my grandma.

When he and I spoke, it was as if he never stopped talking to me. That's my dad--he's all business. Anyway, I told him that it was so good to hear his voice and I asked him if I could come by for Father's Day and give him a present.

The next day, I came over and I gave him a jar or pickled pepperoncini peppers and a can of cashews. The man has everything he could ever want and I usually just give him a picture of me or my little family, but I don't want any more pictures of me in boy clothes and I'm in the middle of a divorce sooo...

ANYWAY! I went over there and I gave him a card that said some very sweet and loving things. He didn't respond much to it, but that's the way he is. He just pretended nothing ever happened and we all had a good time. We sat on the couch and talked and we went and looked at his vegetable garden and we just... had a good time.

He asked me what my plans are. CRAP! That means I'm still cut off... sort of. He still has me on his payroll, but... gee, I don't know. We've hardly discussed the situation. But that's OK. We're talking now and that alone means the world.

HUGGS AND KISSES

Belle

Hi Belle; it's great that you and your dad are talking again! I really hope you two can get along a lot better. Me and my mother do-we have our ups and downs but we never stop talking to each other. Lots and Lots of HUUUUGGGGS Regina Renea

• Admin

Belle, every step forward is a step in the right direction. I'm very happy that things are on the right track with your dad.

All the best.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Emily Ray

Belle,

That is wonderful news. I dont know what I would do with out my Father talking to me intentionally. Im glad thats over for you.

Huggs,

Emily

Congratulations, Belle,

Talking is good - very good, that is how things get started.

Love ya,

Sally

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 256 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay
    • Lydia_R
    • Willow
    • MirandaB
    • LucyF
    • MaybeRob
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    The Lake

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • Heather Shay
      Interest is an emotion that piques an individual's curiosity, motivating them to approach novel, complex, but not necessarily pleasant stimuli
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      What gives you the most asatisfaction in being who you truly are?
    • Heather Shay
      Welcome. As you explore your true self (selves) know you are loved and welcomed and will find others who will be here. Explore the site and join in on posts and ask questions.
    • The Lake
      Hello we are The lake. So called because This One has not determined a name for oneself but has in a way created an environment to try out multiple names as different people. Currently Some of us use she/her pronouns and one uses he/him. We hope to learn more about being transgender and the intricacies involved. Once again it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance and we hope to be of further help in the future.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://tennesseelookout.com/2024/05/14/judge-refuses-to-dismiss-all-claims-by-transgender-child-against-state-williamson-county-schools/     Kind of a win some - lose some decision.  I suppose that's better than "lose all."    Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/18-states-sue-biden-administration-transgender-worker-protections-rcna152239     When the R's are in power they love having the EEOC promulgate rules favoring employers.  But when the D's are in power, they just hate it when the EEOC makes or enforces rules that favor employee rights; most especially trans employee rights.  Then it becomes "government overreach."  Funny how that works out.    Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Wholeheartedly agree.  Whether a compliment is backhand or forehand, I take it gladly.  They are offered rarely enough these days.    Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Wow, a shop that actually respects a customer's truck?  That seems like a miracle!  My husband does most of his own work, because he really, REALLY hates people who mess with an interior, with grease spots or footprints.  His personal truck is old, but super clean.  And since he's the transportation manager for his company, he's pretty picky about people respecting company equipment.  "Take care of it, and it will take care of you" is the motto.  Drivers should be able to go through a DOT Level 1 inspection without worry. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Literally the word means "hatred of women" and so I don't think that's quite the right description for what you encountered.  Possibly chauvinism?  Or maybe just not wanting to bother somebody he figured wasn't interested or capable of doing the job?  Who knows.   But on the other hand...be glad you're passing
    • VickySGV
      Finally found a site that gives the definition of defemination as a process of loss of feminine characteristics or continued loss of them.  Not a word I would use every day, although I can see where it would be a problem for some who value those feminine characteristics.  Yes I have seen it happen and now get the idea, and yes, not in so many words, but yes I have been up against others who do put down my femininity as being a pseudo female at the most polite and I cannot use the words hear for what it is at the worst.   Online, there is little to do about it except leave and block the people who do it and the places it happens, since it affects you much more heavily and negatively than it does the person doing it, and you need freedom from the stress.  The rules here which our "powers that be", namely the staff say we do not put up with members denying the authentic identity of other members. 
    • VickySGV
      I still maintain my "male" skills and almost have to laugh when that sort of thing happens to me with Cis males, and it does happen.  On the other side there, I have activities with the Trans community  here where I live including Trans Men who love to show off their new lives.  I have had a couple come over to my house and I have done some shop teaching that is always fun.  When they offer to help me by doing "male stuff" in a group, I do not take it as misogyny .
    • Thea
      This guy asked me to help with his tire.  So when I turned around and he saw that I'm a woman he's like,  oh nevermind
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.