• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Passing, Just Wondering What I Can Do

Guest Mikku

Guest Mikku

im pretty fairly new here i've made a few freinds so some of you know me ^^, but i was just wondering.. i really could use some advice on how to go about changing my hairstyle and face to start passing.. and just looking more feminine... i have an extremely masculine face, BUT upon a slight change to my brows and getting rid of my mustache i actually have come a long way.. either way just a few pics here of me.. and could use some advice on what i could do to fix the image.. i dont like what i see.

(Disclamer: ZOMG THEY ARE BLURRY AND I LOOK LIKE A SERIAL KILLER IN THE FIRST ONE IM SORRY >.<""""""""""""!)

l_421ac0bc05d942d69297c6bdac31416a.jpg

l_a1f687fd38594537a1147f752d54be1f.jpg

l_528893740c764e14b16a6ba1cab81bad.jpg

l_7a1730b1332642c59b85d960fa1709ef.jpg

thanks in advance guys and gals ^.^ taking all kinds of advice, critisism, anything!

Guest JohnV

Lololol awww its ok you look adorable xD

As for your hair, if youre that concerned bout your masculine face

you might wanna try growing your hair out longer, gives a more feminine look and can help try and hide the shape of your face

However I wouldnt really be too concerned. If you like long hair then keep it

Do what makes you happy, try a bunch of things and see how it goes!

Lots of love,

-John

Guest Mikku

oh since i cant edit my post dont know why... i really cant do anythign with HRT, Makeup, Earings, or clothes because ill be kicked out of my house (after i came out to my mom she established some pretty harsh bounderies that will never be removed...)

well babe you dont have a terribly masculin face, if you can hold out till you can move out on your own and get some hormones in ya i think you have a shot at passing decently. you remind me of a friend i used to have( girl not boy) in the mean time you could lose a bit of weight, not saying that your seriously over weight but losing a few pounds might bring out your cheek bones a bit and if you mom ever gets less restrictive shaping your eye brows up might make a world of difference.

Sakura

Hi Mikku,

You have a nice face, I think you will be able to pass, once you are in a situation where you can be more yourself. Your dilemma now is what to do now to express your inner self, yet not attract attention from your mom.

How is your voice? Is it feminine now, or could it use some training and practice?

How is your weight? Are you about right for your height and bone structure? I understand it is easier to 'pass' if one is thin.

A nice smile also helps to 'pass'.

Do you practice your walk? There are some posts on this site that explain in greater detail.

Hope this helps!

Good luck, Dear!

Hugs,

Opal

Guest Mikku

Hi Mikku,

You have a nice face, I think you will be able to pass, once you are in a situation where you can be more yourself. Your dilemma now is what to do now to express your inner self, yet not attract attention from your mom.

How is your voice? Is it feminine now, or could it use some training and practice?

How is your weight? Are you about right for your height and bone structure? I understand it is easier to 'pass' if one is thin.

A nice smile also helps to 'pass'.

Do you practice your walk? There are some posts on this site that explain in greater detail.

Hope this helps!

Good luck, Dear!

Hugs,

Opal

i have been feverishly working on my voice and its starting to improve, i walk fine and yes im aware my weight is terrible ive been working towards fixing that too! thanks for the advice ^^

Guest Roux

i really cant do anythign with HRT, Makeup, Earings, or clothes because ill be kicked out of my house (after i came out to my mom she established some pretty harsh bounderies that will never be removed...)

*Wince.* Ouch.

In my opinion, you'll definitely be able to pass. I'll elaborate just a touch on two suggestions that've already been made, though!

Do you think your mom would flip if you gave your eyebrows a little more shape? I think that the inside halves of your eyebrows look great, but I might pluck a liiittle bit more from underneath the outer halves. Just a tiny bit, to give them a touch more of an arch and to taper them down a smidge.

Also, you have adorable lips, and your smile in the second picture is really cute (you have really soft eyes). According to every family portrait ever taken in my family, however, smiling by pulling your lips along a horizontal-ish line is a more masculine than feminine trait. (I swear that my brother's the only guy in my family who smiles with upward-curved lips.) Maybe you could practice curving the corners of your lips up a little more? Like with the plucking, even just a tiny bit can be a great change.

Your face shape is amazing, and you should be able to pull off a ridiculous number of cute hairstyles, short and long. *Jealous.*

Guest Roux

thank you roux O.o, i know this is a very dated response, but could you further elaborate on the eyebrows? :)

Because I completely fail at describing things, I made you a picture. My tweaks are on the left side, your original photo is on the right. Maybe I should've flipped them. Whatev.

Your eyebrows are already a nice shape; I'd just take a few hairs off the bottom to clean up the arch a bit. If anyone out there has better advice, please give it. I'm not exactly Lord of Eyebrows over here.

shaping.png

Guest Roux

And I really should've added: That's just a suggestion based on a fuzzy photo; it's likely that your arch is cleaner than it looks in that picture. If that's the case, please just admire my Photoshop skills and move on. ;)

Guest Mikku

hehehe no my arch is not very visible, i see what your saying now! thanks for the help and the photo did help upon further inspection! <3!!

Guest Donna Jean

Mikku....

Hon, I feel that you have a LOT to work with....

You have a very good face imo!

Nice eyes...good nose...

Longer hair will make a world of difference, too...

I think that when you get on HRT, you're going to do just fine!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Roux

hehehe no my arch is not very visible, i see what your saying now! thanks for the help and the photo did help upon further inspection! <3!!

Yay! Glad to be of service. =D