• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Story

Guest Jennifer RachaelAnn

Guest RachaelAnn

This will be a rather long story. So I ope you have time to read.

When I was 18, I shipped out to the Marines. I got an early discharge later that year. My childhood dream was ruined. I was completely screwed up. I was depressed, hated myself, felt like a loser, couldn't even make eye contact with people, you get the picture.

While I was in, I had written a letter to my father saying that when I got home I wanted the 2 of us to take one day and just disappear. Not tell anyone where we were going, what were we were doing, or when we would be back. He had just bought a new fishing boat so it was decided we would spend that day fishing.

He had written me a letter while I was in, and tole me he was so proud of me that he was walking around like the father of a new baby, bragging to everyone.

When I got my discharge I got home on a tuesday. He died thursday. We were ste to go fishing friday.

There's the important background for this story.

I was the one that found his body when he died. As a result, I just snapped. I couldn't handle losing my father and getting kicked out of the Marines in the same week. So I started getting high.

At first it was just grass and shrooms. Then I started getting into harder stuff. I got into acid pretty quick. After a while that didn't cut it, so I started doing coke and X. I was getting high a couple times a day. I would hang out with my best friend at the time, at this crack house and we would just sit in and pass stuff around the group. Pills, powders, liquids, needles, you name it. I even tried meth a couple times and heroin once. If you have checked my poetry in my blog, the poem The Puppeteer, is about my heroin trip. Luckilly I hated meth and heroin. The scary thing is that I did some things that to this day I don't even know what they were.

I lost over 2 years of my life to this junk. Over 2 years that I can never get back.

I bet you're wondering how I got clean? Simple: fear.

It was my best friend. We were hanging out gettine high. I was sitting on the couch, he was standing in front of me talking to me. Then suddenly he got this weird look on his face and dropped like lead to the floor. He died where he was standing. Just like that. Him dropping dead like thqat scared me so bad that I quit cold turkey. But believe me it wasn't easy. The thing that kept me from going back was the image of him dropping. For years after he died, I wouldn't even take legal over the counter meds, like aspirin, if I had a headache. I was terrified of medication.

For those of you that are having trouble getting clean, I hope this story will hit a nerve for you. Because if you keep getting high, this can and will happen to you sooner or later. And it may not be a friend you see drop dead. It may be you that dies.

So good luck getting clean, and god bless.

Rachael

• Root Admin

Thank you for sharing that with us, Rachael. Hopefully your story will be an inspiration to those who are having problems with drugs.

MaryEllen

Wow Rachael, that is really sad. It's a shame that often it takes tragedies like this to wake a person up. For some reason you were spared and given another chance. Let this be a lesson to all of us.

Love Jenny

Guest RachaelAnn

I was nervous about posting this. I thought people may look down on me if they found out about my past drug use. But then I decided that, that was a chance I was willing to take, if my story could help someone else get clean. :unsure:

Rachael

Guest sarah f

Thank You Rachael for sharing this. If it helps just one person than it was worth it. This was a very brave thing you did by coming out here in this post. By the way, I would never judge someone from their past usage. You are a wonderful woman and that is all that matters to me.

Guest Donna Jean

I was nervous about posting this. I thought people may look down on me if they found out about my past drug use. But then I decided that, that was a chance I was willing to take, if my story could help someone else get clean. :unsure:

Rachael

Rachael....

Honey. Putting that up here took guts. That was very caring and brave of you.

And everyone thinks more of you, not less!

Listen, Honey...we all have skeletons in our closet...

And it's not the fact that we have them, it's what we do after the fact that counts...

You are a very brave girl.....

LOVE

Donna Jean

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chandra

Dear Rachael,

Life can be so not fair, but I would like to commend you for sharing your story with us.

I would never look down on you, just the opposite, I respect you for reasoning how precious every second of life is.

You put people first by trying to help everyone with your experiences. Helping people is the the most wonderful thing we could ever do, and this was your intent.

Thank you very much for your generosity of life's most precious gift.

Love, Chandra

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • KathyLauren
    • Timi
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Lydia_R
    • MaryEllen
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Betty K
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vivelacors
    Newest Member
    Vivelacors

1. Aelia
      Aelia
      (22 years old)
    2. Just-Jenny-finally
      Just-Jenny-finally
      (65 years old)
    3. KelcieK
      KelcieK
      (50 years old)
    4. Krimson Kya
      Krimson Kya
      (35 years old)
    5. Robin
      Robin
      (56 years old)
    • Ivy
      My son has an industrial type stove on their farm.  I think he got it used online, he gets stuff online a lot.  Burns propane.  It is pretty nice.  I did use it when I was farm sitting for them.  But definitely overkill for someone like me living with a house-mate daughter.  We do our own cooking for the most part.  We also keep very different hours.
    • Timi
      I saw Lane 8 last Saturday night at a wonderful outdoor concert/dance venue. When he played this song I almost cried. The words are such a powerful statement of friendship - to my ears anyway.     
    • Lydia_R
      Welcome Felix!  It sounds like we have a lot in common with music on multiple instruments and food.  I'm not into lifting weights though.  That could be a good skill in the Marines.  I'm a Navy veteran.  They just stick us in a little metal room and sleep deprive us.   In all seriousness, I felt that it was good to travel the world when I was young and working.     Loved this "...but what can you do."  It sounds like you have a firm grip on reality!
    • KathyLauren
      It undoubtedly depends on what country you are in.  And even then, there would be discrepancies between policy and culture: what is allowed may not be accepted, depending on the personalities of the people involved.    For the Canadian Armed Forces, I found this in regards to acceptance into Basic Training:   "Transgender candidates may make request in accordance with CF Military Personnel Instruction 01/19 Transgender Guidance. The accommodations granted should aim at facilitating the integration and the success of the person making the request while complying with the Minimum Operational Standards as illustrated in the DAOD 5023-1. The final decision regarding accommodation measures rests with the Commandant of CFLRS."  https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/dnd-mdn/documents/military-benefits/QMB_QMBO_e.pdf   Presumably, this refers to things like bathroom and shower access.  It indicates that the official policy is to accept transgender candidates.  Whether or not the specific drill sergeant and the other recruits would actually accept them is something one could only find out by experience.
    • Lydia_R
      I see myself as athletic and makeup is not a part of that.  I've always been curious about lipstick and I do dress up quite regularly.  I'm certainly much more into clothing than makeup.  I don't own very many clothes either because I have minimalist tendencies.  I have been curious about lipstick and bought it for the first time a couple months ago.  I tried it twice and didn't like the kind I got, and then I tried again a couple days ago.  I got a nice hot pink this time that I'm happy with.  I'll experiment with it slowly and see if there is a keeper there.
    • KymmieL
      I do have make up but do I use it. nope. it was mostly purchased as Sephoria. Some at wallys. Only thing I use on a regular bases is lip stick or gloss.   With my wife not using makeup at all. Mine is hidden away.   Kymmie
    • Mirrabooka
      I don't use makeup, but I am starting to become interested in it. It always seems like I'm looking for the next step in my journey, even though I'm non-committal. Makeup could be it.   A hack that my hairdresser suggested to control frizz was to smear a bit of moisturizer over my hair. To paraphrase from one of my favorite childhood books, "Never apply a lot. Just so much, and no more! Never more than a spot! Or something may happen. You never know what!"    One day I applied more than a spot, and not knowing what to do with it, I wiped the excess over my face. It felt nice and I have kept it up since.    It's a start.    
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Green tea and a granola bar this morning (haven't eaten it yet tho)   6 mins into the school day and I wanna go home, I am not feeling it today lol
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Yeah, there's a lot of guys 5'8"+ over here ^^' Nice to know it wouldn't be an issue elsewhere tho   Hands are surprisingly gendered lol
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Been a good morning so far.Another ex GF and I did meet up last night.She has not see me since 1997.It was a little shock for her to see I changed at first.Good thing is she has accepted knowing I live a much happier life.Said she saw I was hurting inside.
    • MirandaB
      If I'm doing something where I interact with people for any length of time I usually do something with my eyes (mascara, brow fill-in and taming). Bigger events I'll do some makeup but always try to be as subtle as I can, plus I think my freckles make me seem younger to people. I know it's too much when my brain suddenly thinks "clown!"    
    • Heather Shay
    • Willow
      Good morning    wow, this is what 6 AM looks like not looking out the windows at work. Interesting week of start times 7,8,7,7,4.  ASM is off most of the week.     No coffee this morning, at least not until I get to work.  I’m going to see if no coffee makes a difference in how I feel today, I’ve head a headache for several days now, nothing has helped.  I do realize that stopping coffee cold turkey can bring on caffeine withdrawal headaches so I expect today to be no better.  But I’m hoping for tomorrow.  Today is just to see what if any affect it has on my throat.    time to fix my hair and walk the dog before I motor across the road.  Cherri o .   keep a stiff upper lip and all that stuff.  (Sorry, nothing the least bit funny coming to mind this morning, you’ll have to entertain yourself today}
    • Heather Shay
      What do you think is the biggest block to LGBTQ+ acceptance?
    • Heather Shay
      Nice Sunday, several new LGBTQ+ friends.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.