• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Thread For Happy Things

Guest Sam_P

So today I came out to my mom. She's emailed me this quote (along with a copy her her "DailyWord" that just happened to be "acceptance," and a link to one of my school's LGBT groups).

"Accept everything about yourself — I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end — no apologies, no regrets."

-Clark Moustakas

Wow that's a pretty awesome coming out! Congrats. :D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ

• Sally

• Flint

Guest My_Genesis

This is a maybe but good news nonetheless. My GT told me that I should look into getting my uni's insurance cuz it covers transgender care and surgeries :)

This is a maybe but good news nonetheless. My GT told me that I should look into getting my uni's insurance cuz it covers transgender care and surgeries :)

Ooh interesting (and cool)! This is something that a lot more insurances should start to cover. :(

My happy news:

I pass like 95% of the time even without binding my huge moobs. I'm paitently waitin to see how much binding improves that rate.

And my mom is finally takin me some time this week to do somethin bout my shaggy mug (hair). I only had it cut like 3 months ago, and its already too dang long and poofy. So im gettin it cut shorter in the back and front, and over my dahgum ears this time. lol.

• Forum Moderator

So today I came out to my mom. She's emailed me this quote (along with a copy her her "DailyWord" that just happened to be "acceptance," and a link to one of my school's LGBT groups).

"Accept everything about yourself — I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end — no apologies, no regrets."

-Clark Moustakas

It doesn't get any better than that does it? You have a very wise Mom!

JohnJ

• Forum Moderator

That would be so awesome. I hope that works out for you!!

:D

John

Guest My_Genesis

That would be so awesome. I hope that works out for you!!

:D

John

Yeah. I saw my GT today and she told me that if the surgeon does not accept insurance, that the school's insurance reimburses you :D I'm so stoked. Also, she told me that in terms of scarring, there's laser treatments for that (which I was already considering if I end up not satisfied with silicon strips - knowing me I will probably do both... lol) and she also said there are new techniques they are doing to preserve sensation and that we have some research to do :D So maybe she can help me find the docs who are working on this kind of thing.

More good news I suppose :)

• Forum Moderator

Yes!!!

That is just beyond awesome!! I actually did a happy dance for you when I read your post.

It doesn't get much better than that. And you deserve it!!

Guest My_Genesis

Yes!!!

That is just beyond awesome!! I actually did a happy dance for you when I read your post.

It doesn't get much better than that. And you deserve it!!

Thanks man!!

Today was my first day of school and it was very happy. My friends (who know about all this) have been really supportive. (In fact one of them is another FTM)

We're going to spend lunch hours trying to come up with a decent name for me and stuff like that. When we see each other in the halls, fist bumps are exchanged. This makes me really really happy since the first day of school usually isn't quite so nice.

Guest My_Genesis

Today was my first day of school and it was very happy. My friends (who know about all this) have been really supportive. (In fact one of them is another FTM)

We're going to spend lunch hours trying to come up with a decent name for me and stuff like that. When we see each other in the halls, fist bumps are exchanged. This makes me really really happy since the first day of school usually isn't quite so nice.

that's awesome!

Guest vertigo

Long story short: yesterday I went to a concert for the new first year university students, so, obviously, I had to 'present' as a girl, but I don't really have a 'guy' or 'girl' mode, so I never really thought about 'passing' or anything, because I don't really try that hard, and I'm not out... However, yesterday I passed!

The guy that was talking to me was pretty much drunk like heck, and, of course, maybe he was thinking that "since that person has short hair and is wearing guy's clothes, that's a guy", because there are no transsexuals here, duh!... or maybe it's one of those moments when people are really honest when they're under the influence of alcohol, I don't know. Either way, I don't care. :D I just know that I'm going to remember

for a very looooong time.

I can't really share my joy with anybody else, so I'm posting this here. Excuse me if I sound a little too hyper.

I got my major changed successfully! Criminal Justice with a minor in environmental sciences. I'm taking the required classes to be a DNR officer or some sort of wildlife ranger.

Oh, and i got an email from the Coast Guard Aux tellin me to call so i can set up a meetin to get started. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Forum Moderator

I got my major changed successfully! Criminal Justice with a minor in environmental sciences. I'm taking the required classes to be a DNR officer or some sort of wildlife ranger.

Oh, and i got an email from the Coast Guard Aux tellin me to call so i can set up a meetin to get started. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Great news Colton. I'm very happy for you.

JohnJ

Guest My_Genesis

that's cool. I'm gonna be declaring my major soon as well.

I decided I am going to major in Psych and minor in Bio - so I don't have to take organic chemistry!! :P I don't particularly like chemistry lol so that's a relief. All I have to take now is gen chem I cuz the chem class i ook at community college, they wouldnt accept as transfer credit, so even though i have the gen chem I lab as well as gen chem II, I have to backtrack and take the first one. lol. but better than having to take organic :P then I'll have a concentration in chem completed. I need 2 science or math concentrations for a BS in psych. my other one is gonna be physics :) also, instead of a boring stats class im taking a psych class. so i have a new schedule now and i am looking forward to next week being better than this week. I hope I can get refunds on my textbooks... when I do I'l post here again :P lol

Guest laeta_lacrima

This happened a while ago; this summer in English class. My English teacher likes to bring up hot-button issues and make us write our opinions of it. We also would discuss the issue aloud. Since everyone gets a say, no one really gets offended. After I had my say on what makes marriage marriage (I'll spare the controversy here), a girl pointed at me and said "I agree with her." Unfortunately, my English teacher corrected her.... This is after I wrote a paper about buying heels sneakily, and I threw in being a transsexual in there too. Hehe. She's a cool teacher, though.

• 3 weeks later...

This happened a while ago; this summer in English class. My English teacher likes to bring up hot-button issues and make us write our opinions of it. We also would discuss the issue aloud. Since everyone gets a say, no one really gets offended. After I had my say on what makes marriage marriage (I'll spare the controversy here), a girl pointed at me and said "I agree with her." Unfortunately, my English teacher corrected her.... This is after I wrote a paper about buying heels sneakily, and I threw in being a transsexual in there too. Hehe. She's a cool teacher, though.

Heh, that's cool! :D Perhaps if you explicitly told your teacher she might not have to worry about whether you want to be out to others in that kind of situation?

Just got back from a week's holiday which was great fun. Spent the week horse riding, swimming, playing table tennis and pool, visiting a monkey sanctuary, travelling by steam train and generally enjoying the countryside. :D

Guest harvester52

I just got back from an eight day hunting trip with my uncles and cousin. It was a total man-cation, and I had an absolute blast. It made me realize just how much my family accepts me, and is seriously starting to see me as a man, even my uncle's best friend who hadn't seen me in years, long before I even came out. It was awesome. :D

• 3 months later...

I thought that it was about time this thread got revived for some of the happy things that have been happening around here.

Almost two months ago now I rehomed a border collie. He's the first dog I've solely owned and is a huge cuddle monster, always wanting fuss. The term that seems to be used for them is 'Velcro dog'! :D He definitely has a naughty streak but is mostly well behaved. :P

A photo of him I took in the snow we had in England in December:

DSC03894.jpg

Guest Elizabeth K

I thought that it was about time this thread got revived for some of the happy things that have been happening around here.

Almost two months ago now I rehomed a border collie. He's the first dog I've solely owned and is a huge cuddle monster, always wanting fuss. The term that seems to be used for them is 'Velcro dog'! :D He definitely has a naughty streak but is mostly well behaved. :P

Nothing more fun thn a really lovable dog! They accept you unconditionally and are ALWAYS glad to see you!

GRAND

Lizzy

Guest Elizabeth K

Happy reports

Coming up on MARDI GRAS season! This big big big here in New Orleans! Actual date is the first Tuesday in March, but there is a month of celebration before - parades two weeks before, and parties and King Cake starting after New Years day.

And this year is the first year as me... and I have Sally and Dee Jay with me for their first Mardi Gras! I think we will costume... so if you are in the area, look for us!

YEAAAA

Lizzy

Amardigrasflag.jpg

I love the Idea of this thread!

My happy Report: Realizing for the first time that I can see myself somewhere in the future! I can see myself as a Dad! :D

Guest Avery F

I'm happy because I've made a much more realistic packer! Up until now I'd been using a sock, which didn't feel all that great to be frank. I wanted to make a better packer using condoms, but didn't have access to any, and there's no way I could ask my parents for some... they would be completely shocked and would doubtless pester me about who I was going out with:) Recently, however, I've started going to an LGBT group, and they have some condoms there I can obtain without my parents' knowledge. So, I took a couple home, stuffed them with cotton and hand moisturizer, and then put the completed objects into another set of condoms, with a sunburn-treatment gel in between to create a realistic feel.

I neglected to observe that the gel was scented, so now if anyone gets close enough to my pants they'll realize I smell like bananas, lol.

Guest N.Chaos

Elizabeth, that's so awesome! I've always wanted to go to Mardi Gras, I'm definitely hoping to someday.

Mori, I've got similar feelings meself, I realized a few years ago that the whole reason I thought I didn't want kids is 'cause I never wanted to be a mom. When I started thinking of being a father, it practically made me all giddy.

My little bit o' happy: One of my longtime friends said today that she thinks I'm one of the best looking guys she's ever seen. I did a happy little chair dance, lol.