• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Confirmation

Guest Ree

Hey everyone :)

Just finished my first GT appointment.

She was sooooo awesome!

Even before we started she asked for my true name *WOW* she said Rachael is very pretty :)

I cannot believe in such a short time *1 1/2 hrs* you can talk about so much. *giggles*

She said and I quote "Your history and how you present are a classic case of Transgendered individual" OMG

She also remarked that my voice will be easy to fix as I seem to be a tenor naturally *big smiles*

I was stunned, she had an amazing way of getting me to open up about so many things in my past. *hand over mouth*

My next appointment is July 19th, and Then August 5th. I get to take my wife with me to the August 5th one, as my GT wants to me her.

So she said that I can tell others slowly *I know everyone was right* *sigh*

But she said everyone has to go through the stages on their own time schedule, so to take my time telling people.

She said my self acceptance is very good, and that it will help me to grow more each day.

*lol* She even said being Transgendered is no easy thing, but that I seem to have a good grasp on being my true self.

So that's a FANTASTIC CONFIRMATION!!!!

I AM REE *me*

Love to all

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Your True Tran Sister

Ree

I am so happy it went well for you Ree. I am glad you decided to take your time coming out and not on facebook.

Thank you Sarah :)

I am going to tell my Dad today.......

That is going to be my hardest person yet, so wish me luck

Love

your sis

Ree

Guest Donna Jean

Dang good stuff, Ree......

You put a smile on my face on a day that I really could use it!

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging that she confirmed what most of us were saying...Take it easy...You'll do MUCH better that way!

Congratz, Hon....big step!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Emily Ray

Oh! Ree! that is just wonderful and you are right you are Ree and it is wonderful that you are accepting of that fact.

I'm glad you found a GT that is knoledgable and you can communicate with. I know that my therapy sessions just fly by and I have so much more to say and talk about.

Huggs,

Emily

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Ree!

You make my heat dance for you!!

Good luck luck with telling your father but after the day you had today you should be well fortified for the task!

You may not remember but when you first shared your story you helped me share a part of mine so you will always have a special place in my heart!

Love

JJ

Dang good stuff, Ree......

You put a smile on my face on a day that I really could use it!

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging that she confirmed what most of us were saying...Take it easy...You'll do MUCH better that way!

Congratz, Hon....big step!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Thank you so much Donna Jean.

I am over the moon with happiness right now.

It is so nice to have true confirmation about myself, *so i know I am not crazy* *giggles*

Love you bunches

Ree

Guest Donna Jean

Thank you so much Donna Jean.

I am over the moon with happiness right now.

It is so nice to have true confirmation about myself, *so i know I am not crazy* *giggles*

Love you bunches

Ree

None of us are crazy, Honey....

They just wanted us to believe it all those years....

LOVE

Donna Jean

Congratulations Ree!

You make my heat dance for you!!

Good luck luck with telling your father but after the day you had today you should be well fortified for the task!

You may not remember but when you first shared your story you helped me share a part of mine so you will always have a special place in my heart!

Love

JJ

Actually JJ,

I do remember, That's why you are one of my favorite people here :)

Now I am not sure what *heat* is *hehe*

Love ya

Ree

Guest NatashaJade

Awesome, Ree! Having someone outside of yourself confirm what you know is a lovely thing. I am very happy for you and honestly know exactly how you feel, which is wonderful.

luv

Gin

• Forum Moderator

Now I am not sure what *heat* is *hehe*

My heart was in the right place but that pesky little "r" wandered off someplace -I guess he couldn't take the "heat"

Groan -I think I need to get some sleep

But thanks for telling me that Ree-it means a lot!

Love

JJ

Guest Jean Davis

Wonderful honey

Now all you have to do is be honest with your therapist and follow what she says to the best of your ability. ;)

You're going to be just fine. :D

LUV

Jean

Guest Heather taru

Congratulations!

I'm so glad that your first appointment went so well. It is a wonderful feeling to have everything you have known about yourself to be confirmed.

Good luck on your next appointment. HRT, here ya come!

-Heather

Guest BeckyTG

Sweet Ree,

Getting confirmation of your feelings and beliefs about yourself from a therapist can be a wonderful affirmation. If you think your happiness is "over the moon" right now, just wait until you meet the many very sympathetic medical professionals out there waiting to help you.

It truly will make you cry with joy.

I am so very happy for you. Welcome to the "getting your life back" part of your life.... :)

Warm hugs of encouragement for you, dear girlfriend.

Love,

Becky

Guest sarah f

Thank you Sarah :)

I am going to tell my Dad today.......

That is going to be my hardest person yet, so wish me luck

Love

your sis

Ree

How did it go with your dad? I haven't seen anything from you. I hope all is well and he accepted you for the beautiful girl you are. If you need to talk we are here for you.

I'm curious myself, Ree....

I hope that all is well with you....

Huggs

Donna Jean

*SIGH*

I haven't been able to get a hold of him yet, I guess he must spend his weekends out at the lake and they don't have cell phone coverage. Hopefully I'll be able to reach him tomorrow.

I have come out to my oldest and youngest step daughters.

The oldest one is getting married on July 24th for the first time, so she wasn't really able to talk much.

But my youngest *she is 20* living with a 42 yrs old *oy vey* just laughed, and said "ok, so you want to be a woman huh. Congratulations!, well I am going to start watching a movie with my boyfriend talk to you later".

So I am slowly coming out to family. One at a time.

Love to all

Ree

Guest RachaelAnn

Way to go Ree! Your GT sounds like an awesome woman. I know mine is. Seems you're on the right road with her. Even after your first visit it looks like she has made you as happy as any girl can get.

And I do have to agree with her on one thing. Rachael is a pretty name. :D heehee LOL

Rachael

Well, girlfriends :)

I have now come out to my step mother,

This is what she said: "You have always been a kind and loving person, I will love you no matter what you look like."

*I was very shocked actually*

So she is going tell my Dad to call me when he gets home from work. *now that is something I am very worried about*.

I have no idea what he is going to say, especially, that I am not keeping my name at all.

Love to all

Ree

Guest sarah f

I am happy that your step mom is accepting of you. :D That should help with your dad. I hope your dad is as accepting of you. Let us know how it goes when he calls.