• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Don't Drive Off A Cliff

Guest ~Brenda~

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearest All,

I want to caution all of you from placing expectations of transitioning within a self-given timeline. This does not, nor will ever work. Think about it... transitioning from one gender to another is probably the most profound experience any human being can have. Regardless of your starting point, your transitioning is not ever to be underestimated.

Transitioning has so many variables involved that to attempt to place a schedule on those variables is absolutely impossible. Between the therapy, letters, HRT, coming out, bloodwork, RLE, therapy, letters, bloodwork, surgeries how could one ever think that this could happen overnight? Let alone on your self-imposed schedule?

Never underestimate what being transgendered is all about and what transitioning is all about.

Regardless of age, regardless of circumstances, learning about yourself and transitioning, or not, will take time (more time than you realize).

So, in closing, do not frustrate yourself with expectations of being at some point in your understanding/transitioning by some particular date. Just simply evolve and allow yourself to be.

You all will get there if you allow yourself to get there.

All my Love

Brenda

Guest Jessica_Mowry

I find it best not to plan too much of anything yes there are things like work and school that have to be set in a constant state but most things are malleable and its better to spend less time planning and more time just making sure to enjoy what is. Now the thing I need to figure out is how to make enough money to pay everything including surgery costs in a more timely manner but I am not going to stress myself to the point I don't enjoy whats going on around me.

In Frith,

Jessica

Guest Donna Jean

Wonderful post, Brenda!

And how very true....

I've just learned to go with the flow anymore...

Some things that you plan end up taking way longer to come about..

Other things happen unexpectedly and speed up your timeline...

I started this transition with a spreadsheet of what I was going to do and a timeline...

I ditched that when I realized that it just doesn't work that way and you end up trying to rush "deadlines"....

No fun/no fair....

Just go at whatever pace that it carries you....

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

Brenda another wonderful post for all of us to read. Everyone should read this and understand that timelines just don't work in transitioning. I thought I could make one but I soon realized that wouldn't work for me. Now I am just taking my time and enjoying what is coming my way so far. If there was a drive thru sign than I would have taken that but now I am just waiting for my transition to slowly happen.

Guest Angelgrlsue

Dearest All,

I want to caution all of you from placing expectations of transitioning within a self-given timeline. This does not, nor will ever work. Think about it... transitioning from one gender to another is probably the most profound experience any human being can have. Regardless of your starting point, your transitioning is not ever to be underestimated.

Transitioning has so many variables involved that to attempt to place a schedule on those variables is absolutely impossible. Between the therapy, letters, HRT, coming out, bloodwork, RLE, therapy, letters, bloodwork, surgeries how could one ever think that this could happen overnight? Let alone on your self-imposed schedule?

Never underestimate what being transgendered is all about and what transitioning is all about.

Regardless of age, regardless of circumstances, learning about yourself and transitioning, or not, will take time (more time than you realize).

So, in closing, do not frustrate yourself with expectations of being at some point in your understanding/transitioning by some particular date. Just simply evolve and allow yourself to be.

You all will get there if you allow yourself to get there.

All my Love

Brenda

Brenda my dear, thank you so much for posting this, it is exactly what I needed to hear. A couple of days ago I was going through a crisis and becoming very impatient with my transitioning, touched on the very subject you have mentioned here. This all makes sense in what you stated, we will all get their if we will allow ourselves to get there. Thank you hon. :-)

Hugs,

Suzie