• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So Here's What's Happening.

Guest Gasky

Guest Gasky

Oh bloody hell.

So, I have pretty much come to terms with my inner turmoil over this and while I'm yet to see a gender therapist [i'm just waiting for a letter to tell me when my appointment is] I am at least 99.99999999999999999% confident that saying I'm in the wrong body/gender is pretty much accurate.

Who knows what I'm gonna do about it. I'm gonna talk to the therapist see what s/he says and then we'll see.

Oh, and guess what. My mother found out-.- She happened to see a letter/note/thing from my doctor that contained some information and helpful stuff about transsexualism. Luckily, she didn't freak out. In fact, she was extremely... Okay. She just said "wow, that's a revelation." And we sorta talk about it. As of yet she's the only family member that knows. She keeps going on about like "This is really out of the blue," "But I'm sure I didn't see any ug... Signs or anything."

But of course, she's just trying to make sense of it all lol.

So yeah. That's an update for ya'lls. I'm gonna go make tea.

Guest sarah f

That is great that your mom didn't freak out when she read the letter. That is a good sign. I hope you get your appointment soon.

Guest Donna Jean

Gasky, Honey......

Good on you.....you're doing exactly what you need to do ....

And your mom and never seeing a sign?

I came out to my wife of 28 years and she said that she never saw a sign either..

It happens that way.....

Gratz on your appointment!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest ~Brenda~

Gasky

What has happened with regards to your mother finding out is actually a really good thing. You are out to her now and you can talk about being transgendered with her which will be really good for you.

Everything will be OK hon. She will have many questions as time goes by, but simply be honest and frank with her.

She will understand.

Love

Brenda

• Forum Moderator

It sounds like a good thing that your moter knows now to me too.

My family only saw that I was troubled but not any sign of wy-until we finally come out i suspect we learn to become better at acting than any professional actor. So good we fool even those closest to us. and thhey see what tey expect to see-like most people do.

I hope your mother will become an advocate and a major source of support for you as se learns what this condition really means

• Admin

A lot of good news in one post, Gasky. That I do like to see around here.

Brenda was right about your mom; it turned out to be a lucky break and went your way, so count your blessings. Believe me, it could have been far worse.

Good luck with the therapist. I know you'll tell us all about it.

Carolyn Marie