• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Soul Exchange

Guest Nekomata

Soul Exchange with opposite bodied person  

147 members have voted

1. 1. If FTMs and MTFs could trade bodies with a 50% survival rate, would you take the risk?

• Yes
    • No

Guest silverpetals

what if the other person later regretted the decision, and was even more unhappy in your body than they had been in their own? how many here would feel compelled to reverse the exchange?

?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• TassieTiff

Guest Zoharstoi
Hypothetically, if it were possible for an FTM and MTF to trade bodies, but the survival rate is only 50% (You have a 50% chance of dying); would you do it? Discuss why.

I have read to many books and Jeffery A. Carver has written several Sci-Fi stories on how to do just this sort

of thing- placing who we are into other objects. Robert A. Heinlein wrote a story about a man so rich he transfered

who he was into a woman.

"Science indistinguishable from magic" Are we wise enough to be messing around with

this Tech????????? :huh:

Guest Sarah Marie
I'll labrat this thing. Where do I sign, cut my index finger and stamp. Yeeha!

Amie -- you capture perfectly how I feel, and why I voted yes. IMO the only way this would work would be for total consciousness swapping between the two participants. If that were possible, I would jump at the chance to wake up in the body I should have had from birth, only I think it would be neat if the new, fully feminine body retained its memories and personality.

• 5 months later...
Guest Neuro

I do not think I could take the chance unless the percentages were higher. Even if I survived, what if the exchange-person would die while I lived? That would be too sad ;_;

You know, one would think I would answer yes for this because of my past and the like, but I really don't think I would take the opportunity.

There is so much more in transition than the physical, and at this point in my transition, if I were thrust in the body I want, I would be overwhelmed.

I'd still need to learn how to walk, how to wear make up, etc. I think its best to figure it out while your body is changing or something like that.

Then again, maybe I would do it. Its a very tough question.

Probably not though. Yeah, thats my answer.

Probably not. There are SOME aspects of my body that I would like to keep (though as puberty does it's damage those pieces slowly become less and less...) and a full body switch probably wouldn't work. But I'll say yes, because let's say I found someone with the perfect body for me to switch into- I would definitely go for that. If they looked and sounded like how I want to sound, then I would do it in a heartbeat.

Guest Jessica22450

I wouldn't do it, I would just transition, I think I'd be a flawless female who knows. Plus being happy in the correct gender is priceless compared to the possible losses.

• 4 months later...

I Voted yes. I have been living with 'The Black Dog' (Depression) for many years. Any sort of a chance of normalisation of this life that is a mess would be a chance I would have to grasp with both hands. 50% of Utoopia beats 100% of never ending Hell.

Guest Mr.Yoav

This is a very interesting question.

There are times when I say I have nothing to lose, but I do have things to lose.

Sure, I hate the way my body looks right now, but after so many years of hating, I live inside my own head. I rarely come out. Possibly because I hate my body so much, but there are things I like about myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Jade Camp.

being a bio, 100% genetic pregnant mother is something that in real life I will never be able to achieve. that's something that would mean so much to me. so I voted yes.

I didn't vote. No one has the body I want, no one could. There's too much of me in my hopes and wishes, there's too much of what I already have to sacrifice for what little I still want. There is no biological being that exists that could give me what I want.

So, I didn't feel like affecting the poll result. People who would have their reasons, I won't question or assume.

I agree more with the people who won't. . .

But I feel very uncomfortable here, with this topic. It's not just a topic of how much do you value what you want vs how much work and strain are you willing to go through to change what you have. It seems as much a question of death vs an ideal life.

An ideal life doesn't exist, in any gender. Problems exist, strife exists, unhappiness exists, you can be sure of that. Perfection? Yet to be seen, but desire, that can be made. There are things we can't ever have, do or be. There are hopes and dreams in every human heart that have been crushed. At the same time, those hearts with their crushed hopes and shattered dreams have still been able to be a factor, for themselves and for those around them. That's not something an ideal can bring, that's what reality brought, a real, imperfect, flawed and regular human being brought. There's no subjective value on a life, because there's no way for an individual to know that their own life means.

Er. . . anyways, I can't place a value on life, so I don't feel I have a right to decide what's worth a life, so in the end, I guess I'd say no, under any circumstances.

Guest NatalieRene

I wouldn't swap bodies like that at such a low odds of success. There are much worse things then death and if we fail to learn our lesson the first time the lesson doesn't go away and we have to do it all again or worse we simply fail the test and risk making things worse for next time. A living hell is a very real thing dished out one life time at a time.

Guest NatalieRene

I would do it!!!

Provided I could do it on my death bed with a body that was 10ish.....((yay for a 2nd life-time!))

That doesn't seem fair to the person that hasn't lived their life yet.

Guest NatalieM

Sorry if this was covered on one of the other pages, but:

Would the transformation be relatively painless with little recovery time?

Either way, I'd go for it. If I'd be going for SRS, I'd still have to endure the pain and recovery time. The exchange has a greater reward in that it includes the functioning sex organs, which is a big deal to me.

• 2 years later...
Guest daemonkind

as a purely theoretical exercise , essentially we would be "uploaded" from our own bodies and put into the others. while the risk is 50% I would still do it, because i do not fear death, and i am at peace within my self. either it works or it doesn't. :) life itself is a risk, and I feel pretty lucky.