• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hair Changing Colours

Guest therisa

Ok, this may seem a silly question, but I won't learn, until I ask it. Over the past 4 months, I have noticed that my hair is blonde, not like "Legally Blonde", but more like the ash blonde, that I had a kid, from a dark brown. I have been Spiro, for over 2 yrs and 2 yrs for Estrogen in September. What causes the hair to change colour, this dramatically?

nior.

Hair is effected on many ways by hormones, my body hair is all blond now (what is left of it) and the texture is changed too - so logically a color shift should not be considered as very unusual at all.

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

I suspect that those hormones are making your bodies think you are much younger again

When i went trough menopause I began to get some black hairs on my head-I'm naturally light blond and never had a black hair before in my life but my granddad did! So I think the hormones MUST cause hair color chanes

Lucky Ladies! -In that respect anyway. I'd love to be younger but more estrogen for me? No thank you

Oh thank god for this thread.

The same thing is happening to me and I was getting a little paranoid that I was the only one.

I have no idea what the cause could possibly be though. =/

I suspect that those hormones are making your bodies think you are much younger again

When i went trough menopause I began to get some black hairs on my head-I'm naturally light blond and never had a black hair before in my life but my granddad did! So I think the hormones MUST cause hair color chanes

Lucky Ladies! -In that respect anyway. I'd love to be younger but more estrogen for me? No thank you

lol, JJ. I have a friend, who is transmale, and he totally agrees with your statement about estrongen. Just like, I don't understand why he wants a full beard on his face. I can't wait for the day, which all of my facial hair is gone.

nior.

• Forum Moderator

As a sidenote, it ruining my gothic image that I have of myself. Sheesh.

nior.

But blond hair takes other colors better-like crimson! Depending on your fancy all is not lost!

But blond hair takes other colors better-like crimson! Depending on your fancy all is not lost!

Rather fancy myself, as a lady in blue, not red. Only if my hair could hold the dye job beyond 4 wks. Gotta love my hair.

nior

• Forum Moderator

Rather fancy myself, as a lady in blue, not red. Only if my hair could hold the dye job beyond 4 wks. Gotta love my hair.

nior

Bleach it first and it should old for ages-BUT there are always those pesky roots to deal with

Blue sounds nice. I ave decided to enter my second childhood-I worked most oh my life for some governmental entity (children's protective services, Head Start) or in the case of insurance adjuster conservative group and wasn't able to express my true self-Ha, never KNEW my true self for that matter-so now I want to be me and devil take the disapproval.

It's going to be fun I I can get my body in shape or what I want to wear. Goth I believe you said-are you also a fan of my fav retail store-Hot Topic?

JJ

Bleach it first and it should old for ages-BUT there are always those pesky roots to deal with

Blue sounds nice. I ave decided to enter my second childhood-I worked most oh my life for some governmental entity (children's protective services, Head Start) or in the case of insurance adjuster conservative group and wasn't able to express my true self-Ha, never KNEW my true self for that matter-so now I want to be me and devil take the disapproval.

It's going to be fun I I can get my body in shape or what I want to wear. Goth I believe you said-are you also a fan of my fav retail store-Hot Topic?

JJ

Sorry, JJ. Never heard of them. If it is an on-line store, I don't use them. Not totally, sold on the internet to buy stuff. Rather rumage thru second-hand stores and find unique stuff there, when my bank account allows it.

nior.

• Forum Moderator

Sorry, JJ. Never heard of them. If it is an on-line store, I don't use them. Not totally, sold on the internet to buy stuff. Rather rumage thru second-hand stores and find unique stuff there, when my bank account allows it.

nior.

It's a mall store but they have online too-it's pure alt/goth. It's fun to browse online even if you don't buy. They have really good markdowns on accessories and things.

Not too much goth or unusual in second hand stores in Arkansas.:( But I still look:)

JJ

It's a mall store but they have online too-it's pure alt/goth. It's fun to browse online even if you don't buy. They have really good markdowns on accessories and things.

Not too much goth or unusual in second hand stores in Arkansas.:( But I still look:)

JJ

There is a strip on Quessn Street West, in Toronto that is totally decidated to the Goth community, except they are way of my range pricewise. One can dream thro.

nior.