• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Peer Pressure!

Guest 91curiouskitten

Guest 91curiouskitten

Well at work today my fruiend/work parnet roy has kept pressuring me to sip from his hardees cup which held blakc velvet and another liquor I dont know, along with a Joose, an alchoholic drunk, and I accpeted. I have been about a constant drunk today, and it scares me, I don wanna be an aclholic, but I cant seem to stay away from peer pressure, I am out to him, he knows I am TRans, his sister is a lesbian and I personally think a FtM from what I've heard/seen from her but not gunna judge, she si what she is and if sh ecome sout to somethign else then grreat. Anyways,m how do I stop this peer pressure and how do I jsut say no? Why is it so ahrd to say a one sylable word?

18 btw

Hi Kitten,

I am sorry that you are suffering so. I cannot imagine just how much pressure Roy has put on you. Any chance that you could have a different work partner?

Most all jobs require its employees to be sober. Roy could be putting both of you at serious risk of being fired.

Alcohol will at best delay and complicate your transitioning. At worst, it could prevent you from transitioning at all.

Please do not give into Roy or the alcohol any longer. It is only a temporary reprieve, and the costs are extremely high.

Saying No may be one of the worst struggles you will have next to being TG, but it will be worth saying no in the long run.

Please keep us posted as you can. People here do care about you.

Huggs,

Opal

Kaylin, anyone asking you to drink when you don't want to does not have your best interests at heart. There's a way to drink safely, and that's not it. Just tell him you don't want to drink if you don't (easier said than done, I know). If you don't want to do that, fill your own mug with something non-alcoholic, and when he offers you his, just say you like yours better, or something like that.

Guest Nikki A

well, i've been put under similar pressure before, and saying no usually didn't lead to more pressure. but it sounds like he's pushing even after an initial no. so maybe you should respond with a more firm response to make it clear to him you are not interested

hugs, Nikki

(i don't mean to pat myself on the back, but i think the above advice applies to a lot of situations! i just noticed :P)

I usually say I'm allergic to it. Won't work for those that you've already drank alcohol around, but will for others.

Besides that, you are underage. It's illegal. You don't want to go to jail, right? You friend shouldn't want to get you in trouble either... with the law or with your own tendencies.

Guest 91curiouskitten

I really like p'ols idea, I'm gunna use that ((not a mug though, we work otuside at a firestation, general maintanence and such, but a thermos works!))

but good advice from everyone!

-pats nikk's back-! There I did it for you :P

Kaylin,

It is never easy and sometimes they do not want to hear no, but if you stick with it eventually they will stop pressuring you.

I made it through college in two fraternities and have played in numerous jazz bands and have never taken a drink - I didn't want to so I did not.

I was never rude until they were.

Love ya,

Sally

I really like p'ols idea, I'm gunna use that ((not a mug though, we work otuside at a firestation, general maintanence and such, but a thermos works!))

but good advice from everyone!

-pats nikk's back-! There I did it for you :P

Glad you like the idea -- if you feel like it's not working though, let me know and I'll try to think of something else for you.

• Forum Moderator

Kaylin

One of the things you can count on with alcoholics is that they want drinking buddies and don't use any judgment about time and place or any other circumstances. If you friend is drinking like that at they may well be an alcoholic. You aren't being unfriendly when you say no-just smart.

and it isn't the friend that's offering-it's the drunk. I don't know if that's the case here but it sounds likely. It's easier to turn someone down if you know it's not really the friend who's offering.

I had one other concern. How are you getting home? The statistics and the risks on drinking and driving are horrific. Just not worth it.

Anyway I am so glad you found a strategy that will work for you! And impressed that you are seeking a solution because you see the dangers!

With Love

JJ

Guest 91curiouskitten

I dont get into a viechel if the perosn had a sip of a beer, its anoyed a few people but its how I am x.x my mother picks us up, ad I guess, im jus gunna try n weasle out cuz I feel abd saying no outright

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 202 Guests (See full list)

• EasyE
    • missyjo
    • KymmieL
    • Susie
    • Ashley0616
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Cynthia Slowan
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nonexistent
    Newest Member
    Nonexistent

1. Ben1868
      Ben1868
      (22 years old)
    2. Charity
      Charity
      (41 years old)
    3. EagerBeaver
      EagerBeaver
    4. Nagato
      Nagato
      (33 years old)
    5. Star
      Star
      (44 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sometimes we are faced with situations where the only response possible is grief.  Things will never be as we want them; people die, we lose things we cherish, we do not obtain what we earnestly desire.  I see some of those situations here; there are tools available to help you through the grieving process.  It's not easy.
    • Ashley0616
      I would be happy to just have 4 disabilities. I take 27 different medications and it does little. I tried working when I got out of the military but couldn't maintain one. I have a lot of mental disorders myself. It would be neat to learn about each other's background. I do understand just wanting to be normal. My job is a stay-at-home parent which is exactly tougher than a regular job especially being a single parent. 
    • VickySGV
      It is 5 posts for PM's from Members, but you can receive and respond to PM's from Moderators or Administrators before then.  This one is post #3 for you.
    • Ashley0616
      Rich as in happy? Far from it. I'm happy about my kids but I shouldn't put all my happiness on them. I take care of myself and do the best I can. I'm happy and content that I have a house and car but nothing that can't be taken away from me like in an instant. I completely lack motivation and don't even want to do my walks anymore. I can't get a membership somewhere because I have kids that are mostly with me. I put myself out there for hoping something to come up and be good, but it's has always been like getting hit in the back of the head. 
    • Ashley0616
      Oh I'm wearing a blessed girl t shirt and blue capris. Nothing special today. It was just doing nothing day and feel guilty about it.
    • Nonexistent
      Hi, I don't think I have enough posts to PM yet I don't think (I think it's 5?). I'm poor myself since I can't work, but my parents are luckily helping me get surgery covered by insurance since I am still on their insurance and they have flexible spending each year. I live far away from them, halfway across the country, but I'm glad I have their support.   On the day to day... having a disability sucks. I wish I could just work like everyone else and have a normal life, but my mental disorders prevent me from doing most things.   I'm glad someone else understands at least.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      It has been 5 months into my transition.Going well in my progress and should of done this when I was 24 years old.Started living and dressing as female.My estrogen levels look great so far.I have a great support system as well from family members,my son and good friends.My son has said I have become a much happier person.Friends,do say that I have my life back which is true.I also have a great boyfriend for support and he has been learning very well about my transition.Plus he is the first guy that has loved and accepted me for I am.Also did his  research first before we started dating.In September,I have my FFS and he will be there for support
    • Ashley0616
      Very pretty y'all. 4" heels is the max I can handle and not for long period of time. I don't see how women wear 5" and above. I love my feet. I sure don't want to punish them. 
    • Ashley0616
      Well just been doing a lot of self reflection and a lot of gender dysphoria that has caused me to break down. The realization has been that I'm a trial period for men and women don't even consider me. It's getting dim. I have put myself out there by force even when I didn't want to. I have one friend but still haven't seen her IRL yet. We talk on Sundays and it's always me that starts it. Another person only talks to me when they want something. It's never been hey how are you doing. It's almost a month to my birthday and it's all just my mom, sister, nephew that are coming. So much for a 40th birthday party. I hate these posts. I want to be optimistic, positive and cheerful but I haven't seen anything go my way. I'm making it by the skin of my teeth. I wished I could just go into a coma for a year or just not wake up. 
    • Ashley0616
      Sorry I have been absent a lot but I do read your posts though. 
    • Ashley0616
      @Michelle_S lol it took a year to get that many. It's nice to have a large number but having the thoughts of helping someone far outweigh the number of posts. I have been absent a lot lately. Back at it tomorrow though lol. 
    • Ashley0616
      I understand. I have the opposite problem. I'm really tall, my feet are size 13, I don't have any curves mostly but I do have breasts so at least I got that but I get stared at. I have tried dating to men I'm just a trial period and none of the women want to date me as a trans woman so I'm just stuck being single. I do have one friend and that's it. I'm right there with you about not being able to work. I haven't been able to come up with the money for any surgeries. I have a wealthy dream and disability IRL. If you want I can chat with you. 
    • KayC
      Will do @Michelle_S  sending you a text soon.  My apologies for not being in touch sooner
    • Ashley0616
      try to send me a message about it if you want.
    • Ivy
      Not sure I could handle 4" heels.  I do have some 2" ankle boots though.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.