• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Poetry Forum

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

I'm pleasantly surprised at how many wonderful poets we have on this site...

There is some amazing and lovely poems here....

Now, I just want to make everyone aware that unlike posting in the other forums where people reply back and forth, the poetry forum doesn't get many replies.

That is because poetry is so personal to so many people. People read it, but, few comment.

So, when you look back on your poem, don't look at "Replies"

Look at "Views"

A poem can have only a couple of replies, but 60 people read it....

I just want you to know......OK?

Good!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest therisa

Great way, Donna Jean, of looking at the impact, our writng has on others, here. Making those, who do response, all the more powerful to us.

Guest NatashaJade

I'm pleasantly surprised at how many wonderful poets we have on this site...

There is some amazing and lovely poems here....

Now, I just want to make everyone aware that unlike posting in the other forums where people reply back and forth, the poetry forum doesn't get many replies.

That is because poetry is so personal to so many people. People read it, but, few comment.

So, when you look back on your poem, don't look at "Replies"

Look at "Views"

A poem can have only a couple of replies, but 60 people read it....

I just want you to know......OK?

Good!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Actually, I would say that applies to every forum, Dee Jay. Most people who read a post never reply to it. That's okay. If someone is helped by something we write, they may not acknowledge it or comment on it.

However, artists want feedback more so than others and are saddened when no one says anything.

luv

Gin

• Forum Moderator

But with poetry sometimes the more I feel the less I say. I almost never post here

I'm not sure why. Maybe because poetry is so very personal for both poet and reader

JJ

Guest NatashaJade

Will admit, i find it painful, when no one looks at my writing or a huge number of views occur, but nothing.

I know how you feel, dear. It's one of the reasons I stopped putting poetry on the internet...it saves me from being disappointed.

luv

Gin

Would adding a reply saying something like "Yes, thank you for sharing this with us " perhaps help to acknowledge the author's poem?

I know so little about poetry I hesitate to comment on a poem as I could easily be missing major points due to my own ignorance. Not trying to put myself down, just how I see it.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest ~Brenda~

Thank you DJ for this reminder.

Everyone must understand that every post one makes is visible not only to members, but to the entire world too :)

Even if one's topics does not get many replies or even views (view count only increments if a member reads the topic but does not reply), the topic is actually read by so many thousands more than you can imagine (non members views are not counted).

Please keep in mind that when you speak, the entire world can hear you :)

Many of my topics have little or no replies... that is OK because I post knowing that my words are being seen by thousands more who cannot reply.

Many new members here started out by "lurking" around the forums and saw what you all had to say.

Because of the consistent love expressed in each post... many people decide to register here :)

Love

Brenda