• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Bad Day For A Friend

Guest Emily Ray

Guest Emily Ray

Hey everyone,

It looks like I have at least another day of freedom, so I am going to post this and just ask how am I supposed to deal with this. I have never been the cause of jealousy before.

A friend of mine that went through recovery with me saw me about 20 days ago and he came up and said hi and and told me that he had something he wanted to tell me. it turns out he is bisexual and has been living with a transwoman for a year or so. I saw him for a few hours one other time the thursday I went into the hospital. well he ran into me at the hospital again today and so he took me and another girl Margarite from VVSD and her esscort around to do some shoping and to get her hair cut. after we droped them of we went up to his appartment and she was just arude towards me. remember that she is trans also well she gives Vance and I the cold shoulder and goes into the bedroom. a few minutes go by and Vance goes in to talk to her and she threw a book at him and it hit and cut him on the forhead. words are said and so we both leave. Then when were at the bottom of the stairs she comes out the door and says something to him and throws in a comment about me being a "white b..ch". I turned around but Vance was calm and asked me to let it go, so I did for my friends sake. I have only been a woman for thirty-one days and already bull like this is happening.

I know it is her that is the problem. I was and will continue to be friends with him and she just doesn't get that it isn't ever going to be anything more than a friendship. I'm a declared asexual lesbian at this point plus he's like my brother. I just know that this isn't going to be the last time something like this will happen and that bothers me. my friend is hurting tonight and I can't help him and that hurts me.

Huggs

Emily

Guest SilverDragon

Hmm...

So what seems to be happening is your friend has a rude girlfriend. She is flawed, as many are.

I think you can take this in two different ways, both worth at least some consideration.

Many guys get together with girls whom are complete idiots. The fact that she's trans shouldn't change anything (or so your post leads me to believe). He just got together with some person whom you don't like. In this case, I'd ask exactly why he decided to date such a loser. If he has a legitimate reason, you might want to lay off and just avoid his girlfriend. If not, point it out to him. All in a friendly matter, of course.

On the other hand, you mentioned she was trans. Do you think the reason she is so bitter is because of nature or nurture. Perhaps she sees herself as the victim and is bitter to you because of bad memories. Knowing our community, it can't be far from the truth.

So overall, I would suggest that you at least try to befriend her at least once (and by that I mean let her know you mean no harm), and see if it isn't just her personality. If it happens to be, avoid her and tell your friend that she isn't as pretty as he thinks she is.

Hope this helped.

Guest Donna Jean

Hon...

I think thet your friend needs to sit down and talk to her and explain exactly what you and his relationship is!

THEN you may be able to approach her mnd develop a friendship if not a cease fire....

Good luck!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest KimberlyF

Ok...she shouldn't be rude and violence is never the answer, but you are only seeing one side. Also he's a guy. Who's informed you that he's bi. And he's ok with dating t-girls.

You can never really know how far he wants to take this. Maybe he's tried stuff in the past and her jealousy is justified. Or, imagine this, she could just be a very insecure t-girl. Either way as badly as she's acting I can get her.

Kim

• Forum Moderator

Hi Emily,

Your friend has chosen this woman and has lived with her for a year so he knows her well. And probably knew how violent her reaction was likely to be. It actually sounds like you got caught in the middle of something else that's going on for the reaction to be so immediate and violent. I guess what I'm saying is that it sounds like your friend may have put you both in this situation. Perhaps he was supposed to be home and stood her up to be with you. How someone behaves as a friend and in a relationship are completely different. And he's not likely to tell you what else there is to the story.

And since he is bi her reaction may have been the same whether he walked in with a man or a woman. .

Of course her reaction was unacceptable to someone she had just met. But many of us behave badly in the heat of emotion. Although hitting people with things is never okay.

My ex used to run into people he knew and drop everything spending time with them-often leaving me at home not knowing what had happened-sometimes all dressed up to go somewhere I didn't get to go because he didn't show. Then he'd roll in later with these people in tow and expect me to welcome them like long lost friends. I was civil as long as they were there but I was often so angry I could barely make my face smile. And I was raised in the southern tradition that you make all guests welcome no matter what-even if it was a banker with an eviction notice you'd be expected to offer tea and refreshments. I quickly learned any civility and he would keep these people around for hours to avoid my wrath. So I became less civil. It was a nightmare for me. Had I had the emotional issues of HRT and transition to deal with too I might have injured somebody. I wanted to. Since my ex was so friendly and outgoing these people never understood what they had walked into or why I was so upset. You may have walked into a very similar situation.

Anyway-don't feel bad. You didn't cause it and your friend knew what he was doing

Hugs

JJ

Guest Emily Ray

JJ and everyone else,

Thank you for your responses. JJ I do think that you might have hit the nail on the head with th description of your past experiences. She also is much younger then the both of us and may have dificulty communicating with him what she is feeling. I feel much better today, but I will limit my contact with her if she does stay in his life.

Huggs,

Emily

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)

• Mwm684
    • Padma
    • Amy Powell
    • Petra Jane
    • Betty K
    • KathyLauren
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Perplexed45
    Newest Member
    Perplexed45

1. Ezra__A
      Ezra__A
    2. j-peg
      j-peg
    3. JanetAlb
      JanetAlb
    4. Katexxx
      Katexxx
      (51 years old)
    5. Katievanessa
      Katievanessa
      (32 years old)
    • Heather Shay
      “Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, because we were born this way.”   On behalf the organization I wasd part of founding:
    • Heather Shay
      “Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, because we were born this way.”
    • Heather Shay
      To answer the question simply - YES.
    • Heather Shay
      Welcome and I see you've met some of the wonderful people here already. GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!!
    • MirandaB
      Why would he be ineligible for office? 
    • Curious-star
      Thanks for making me feel so welcome, just having a place with like minded open people who have faced the questions I am in the middle of is very reassuring, I have a therapist I am working with which is how I got to where I am already, thank you!
    • Susan R
      Welcome @Mwm684, Wow! That was one heck of an introduction and I completely understand how when the time comes to make some life changes…it’s full steam ahead. I’m also happy that there has been little, if any, push back regarding your recent disclosures. You’re likely beginning to feel some of the freedoms that come from accepting yourself for who you are and letting go of some of the outdated self images imprinted on you by your family, friends and acquaintances. It’s hard to shake all of that but it does sound like you’re doing all the right things.   Just keep in mind, very few of us in the community get through it completely unscathed. There are also sometimes unexpected residual effects as others outside of our acceptance circle influence those early adopters and sometimes those who seem to align well with our new choices. I personally noticed this with a few people in my life. The good news is that in many cases, these few tend to return to full acceptance as they see you are happier and more comfortable being yourself.   That being said, you have been graced with one of the most wonderful gifts a person in our community can have…a supporting and loving spouse. That support in many cases is the most critical in one’s journey, in fact, I often feel it’s even more helpful (at least in my case) than a good therapist. If your spouse is happy and accepting, then transition will often go much smoother for you both. Honest, open, and civil communication is vital to this remaining a possibility. You two are doing this together and so the spouse’s input as well as your own are both so important to make it all work. I wish you the best on your ongoing journey and hope to read more as things develop along the way.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • tracy_j
      It sounds Ok to me too.   Tracy
    • Susan R
      Trans Group Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!   Tomorrow’s Zoom meet-up is right around the corner. June 1st is the beginning of Pride Month and what a better way to celebrate than by meeting some others in our community.   This is an open invitation for members here to get together with others from our community. These Zoom meetings last sometimes 4 hours or longer so come join us when you can and leave whenever you like. Share your story or maybe just something interesting that happened during the week. It’s a fun time to chat, meet others, and just be yourself.😁   Trans Groups Zoom Meeting Times: June 1, 2024 6:00 PM Pacific Time June 1, 2024 8:00 PM Central Time June 2, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne   If you’re a member of our community, 18 or over and need a Zoom Link, Message me as soon as possible. I will try to get you a link ASAP.
    • Susan R
      Welcome @Curious-star, It’s a pleasure to have you on our forum. You’re one of the lucky ones if these almost pervasive gender identity questions haven’t filled your everyday thoughts while going through puberty and onward. Many of us on this forum have been where you are now and others are approaching that point. Gender questioning is very common especially when you’ve felt very different from what you've been led to believe your entire life.   I hope you look around and find some comfort here with threads that have discussed these same questions you’re now beginning to address yourself. If you don’t find an answer you’re looking for, just ask it in a new thread. Many of us will respond with answers from our various perspectives. We are a very open non-judgmental forum and enjoy helping others any way we can. You may also want to get help with some of these questions from a therapist who specializes in gender identity. I’ve been using the same therapist for over 5 years now and have learned so much about myself with her assistance and expertise.   I look forward to learning more about you and your upcoming journey whatever that may look like.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷   By the way, your story about buying a bra and being fitted before you bought it brings back some wonderful memories. I did the same many years before actually ever going into public presenting myself as female. It was in some cases the very beginning of my journey to become a women. I still cherish those days even though they were sometimes difficult.
    • Sol
      Hello, I figured here was a good place to post this! This is really just a rant, so I'm just talking to the void.  I use the term trans man to refer to myself, which is accurate and covers about ~70% of what I'm going for. But I'm very gender nonconforming because I still like a lot of women's clothes, namely anything with ruffles and skirts (I love skirts, they're so fun). Most of the time I present very masculine (I don't pass but that's not a goal of mine anyway), but other times I go with a more feminine style because why not? If I'm not searing people's eyes with all the bright colors and patterns I wear, what's the point?  But the other ~30% I feel is genderless, which is why I explored an agender identity for a bit. I'm both masculine and genderless at the same time, because ultimately I feel like I'm just me. The phrase "vaguely masculine" comes to mind since that's mostly how I feel.  I have looked into other labels for this but I like trans man the best. I think part of this genderless aspect does clash with societal gender roles, which I frankly and openly hate, so I'll continue to be as GNC as possible because that's what makes me happy and spits on superficial roles. If anyone relates to this and wants to share their experience, feel free!
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/05/31/a-proclamation-on-lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-queer-and-intersex-pride-month-2024/     Carolyn Marie
    • Sol
      Jumping in here.  Hi, I'm an asexual trans man, although my asexuality isn't due to trauma but it has affected my perception toward my body and how I interact with it.  To answer your question as best I can: yes, you can absolutely be trans and asexual, I'm living proof! I wouldn't classify wearing lingerie as being related to gender at all, but that's my own personal interpretation since I think anyone can wear lingerie if they want. Lingerie also doesn't have to have a sexual aspect, but can take on a more sensual one (sensual is basically related more to intimacy outside of sex). I'd like to get lingerie myself when I have the funds, some of it looks fun.  Sexuality and gender can intertwine but are ultimately two separate things. I realize I was aroace (aromantic asexual) before I realized I was trans, and that does likely influence aspects of my gender identity to a certain degree. This is mostly in regard to how I view my body; bodies are bodies to me, and aren't inherently sexual and them being sexual is dependent on a sexual context. So just wearing lingerie isn't sexual to me at all, it's just wearing fancy underwear. And going back to the sensual aspect of lingerie, I believe that can be tied to self love and self care.  Do keep in mind that this is simply my own take on it.  I'm also bouncing off the others when I say talking to someone like a therapist can be potentially helpful. If you do decide to go this route, then keep in mind that you don't have to tackle the big stuff right away, and if you aren't ready then that's okay, but I'd recommend looking into coping mechanisms. I'm not going to lie and say that talking to a therapist is easy; it's not and can be very soul bearing, and even I have trouble being 100% upfront sometimes. Push your boundaries a little but not enough to break, which takes practice but I think you'll get there.  Ultimately, you've gotta do what's best for you and your health (mental, physical, and emotional), so I highly encourage you to explore what that could look like and how to get there.  Good luck to you going forward, I'm genuinely proud of you for sharing and reaching out, and I hope your night terrors get better!
    • Mmindy
      Good luck @KymmieL   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Welcome to TransPulseForums @Curious-star   I hope you find this site as helpful as I do. It’s not therapy but it’s close, no matter what you’re feeling or going through someone here is quick to respond. We have members from all around the world, the chances are very good that you will have someone reach out to you.    Best wishes, stay positive and motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.