• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Drug Addict Blah!

Guest penumbra

Guest penumbra

I have been doing heroine for awhile. I tried toquit but it is impossible. Last time I went through withdrawls and it left me as nothing but skin and bones, my stomach even caved inward. I was frequently having hot/cold sweats and intolerance to hot and cold. I could not eat at all. If i tried to force myself to eat i would just get sick. for months I was just living off of water, oranges, and watermelon. I am a bit better now with some of the medications my doctors gave me and I have stopped takingn heroine as a wholee, but these medications are not far off from it. I can only eat once a day as is. When I do eat it'shardly a thing. I feel I am losing myself in a war I will never win and wonder what the point it. And this all started when I was with a guy and he wanted to show me a really good time and he shot me up eventhough i didn't want it. I am physically weaker than most people and he was over powering. Ever since that night my life has been hell and I have not a clue what to do. I take blood tests every week. 3 days ago I landed in the ER and they said I was anemic. I am not sure what to do about that but take iron suppliments. The craving is always there and i know that if i am around it i will not be able to control myself. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Hi Penumbra,

Congratulations on staying off of the drugs. That can't be easy, but you know that's the smart thing to do.

In my city, there are support groups for addictions. Have you checked into those there? I have a friend who attends and has remained drug-free for five years now. The one that he goes to is even tailored to the LGBT community.

Please check around where you are. In the meantime, hang in there - take it one day at a time.

Love, Kat

• 6 months later...
Guest Maddison

Hey girl,

I am a recovering addict myself. I am almost a year clean and trust me it will be the hardest thing you have ever done. I am only 21 and was using for 9 years. I know the withdrawals are horrible but you need to fight threw it. Once you get to that line at the end of the tunnel it will be so much better. Your whole thought process will be coming back and your energy. It is an amazing feeling. Is staying clean going to be easy. Heck no! but the further you get into it the better you will feel. I am now finally dealing with emotions I have other than comvering them up with drugs. I wish you the best of luck and if you need someone to talk to I am here for you.

Love,

Maddison

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lioness

Penumbra,

I have lost many friends to Heroin. Some dead, others still technically alive but not actually living. It's been horrible to watch so many people lose themselves to this drug.

I do know one person though who is clean, happy and a wonderful person to be around, who used for such a long time that it's amazing to see where he is now. He stays clean by escaping into his passion: music.

What is your passion? Find it and run. It doesn't matter what it is, or how "good" you are at it or anything, but you need to find something you want more than you want Heroin.

Good luck, stay strong.

-Lioness