• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Question That's Been Bothering Me

Guest Ashley Hun

Guest Ashley Hun

How well do you think I'll transition once I turn 18? I'll send pictures via PM if anyone can answer this or think they can.

Also here are my hormone levels:

Testosterone: 450 Estradiol (Estrogen): 40

The testosterone level is right in the middle of the range of an average 16 year old boy. The estrogen is in the upper-norm.

I really want to transition badly, but I'm afraid not getting hormones when I'm 16 will ruin me. I crossdress sometimes to boost my self-esteem, but it still doesn't totally work. Sometimes I just feel masculine. I used to feel feminine all the time when living in my female role 3 months ago, but now I'm just so used to living in my male persona. It's awful. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!!!!

Oh well, I guess I'll just work on my body a little and get it to the weight I want it and tighten up my skin a little and then just take hormones when I get out of my parent's house, when I'm 18.

• Root Admin

Sorry Ashley, I have no idea how well you'll transition, what does your doctor say?

Guest Ashley Hun

My doctor has no clue. I doubt if he'll even help me since he's a pediatrician.

This just has been worrying me for the past year. I want to transition so badly, but I don't want to come out wrong and have a man's body and face with what looks like a wig on. I sometimes see some transsexuals like that and it bothers me. However, most before and after pictures I see show a "man" becoming a beautiful, beautiful, gorgeous woman. That's what I want.

Guest Ashley Hun

Also does the size of the penis matter? I sometimes wonder if I have Klinesfelter's, but the pictures I see of people with Klinesfelter's have a smaller penis than I do. I don't know whether mine is good enough for surgery or not. I'm just stressed out.

Guest Snow Angel

You will transition fine. Physically you will transition as well as any girl that went through puberty at 18. You worry too much. Most 'men with a wig' as you put it are just unlucky girls are much older than you and haven't had FFS yet. It's my belief that 90% of people who transition can pass or meet the gender identity recognition level. It is all a matter of hormones, surgery, and MENTALITY. Mentality and self acceptance are the most important parts. Beauty only goes so far. You could look like Jessica Alba but if you talk, think, move, sit, or act male, then people will be questioning.

Guest Ashley Hun

Thanks, hun... I now realize I DO worry too much. I have this mental image of myself as a gorgeous girl, but the dream just gets further and further out of my reach every day... I wore girl's undergarments yesterday, but it didn't make me feel much better about myself, especially when I looked in the mirror and still looked masculine with my short hair.

Guest mandy05
How well do you think I'll transition once I turn 18? I'll send pictures via PM if anyone can answer this or think they can.

Also here are my hormone levels:

Testosterone: 450 Estradiol (Estrogen): 40

The testosterone level is right in the middle of the range of an average 16 year old boy. The estrogen is in the upper-norm.

I really want to transition badly, but I'm afraid not getting hormones when I'm 16 will ruin me. I crossdress sometimes to boost my self-esteem, but it still doesn't totally work. Sometimes I just feel masculine. I used to feel feminine all the time when living in my female role 3 months ago, but now I'm just so used to living in my male persona. It's awful. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!!!!

Oh well, I guess I'll just work on my body a little and get it to the weight I want it and tighten up my skin a little and then just take hormones when I get out of my parent's house, when I'm 18.

Hi Ashley,

You are very young, and if I were in your shoes (considering my own age and knowing what I already know) I would not be all that worried about it.

I am 37 years old, and have not even began HRT yet. I am also one of the unlucky ones who will end up having to probably wear wigs for the rest of their life. If I had started my transition back when I was at least 21, I would've more than likely been able to have prevented my hair loss, however I did not have a realization of being trans until the later age of 34. I also have very high levels of Testosterone which unfortunately has caused me to have a lot of male attributes that I do not want.

When I was your age the thought of wanting to be a woman was not even there. It was the furthest thing from my mind. I was also a totally different person back then from what I am today. That is why I have waited at an older age to transition. I just didn't have those feelings of wanting to be a woman until I got older. I wish I would've had the realization of wanting to be a woman when I was your age. I would've been a lot better off today if I had known back then, what I know today.

As I'm sure you have already heard, the younger you start your transition, the better off you will be. I don't think that waiting until you are 18 is going to hurt your transition IMO. I have seen many girls who started their transition at your age, and they turned out fantastic. Let that be an encouragement to you.

I also hope that hearing this from an older person who has waited until a later age in life will also help you to realize that it's not as bad as it seems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Mmindy
    • Betty K
    • Petra Jane
    • Susie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • FelixThePickleMan
    • Abigail Genevieve