• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Non-binary

Guest Conrí

Non-binary Identities  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How to you identify?

• Agender
    • Androgyne
    • Bi-gender
    • Genderqueer
    • Neutrois
    • Questioning
    • Other

Guest Sarah

well, i'm still questioning who i am, but he main problem is that i have troubles facing my fears... anyway i've got support and a gender therapist, to help me through these times of uncertainty

grtz & hugs,

Sarah

Guest Ryan

Hmm... I've been avoiding posting since I'm still a little unsure of how I identify, but I'll try to answer. I guess I identify as a genderqueer FtM. I certainly feel more male than female, and I'd be happier as a guy than as a girl, but I don't really fit into either of those boxes entirely.

Guest Mani

I identify as an androgyne. However, I am also ftm because while I was born female-bodied I am now living as a guy.

~Msni

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lessness

neutrois i guess

alas, it seems noone else has voted for it yet :(

but what exactly is the difference between agender and neutrois? Mani (or someone else) can you please tell me?

Guest Mani
neutrois i guess

alas, it seems noone else has voted for it yet :(

but what exactly is the difference between agender and neutrois? Mani (or someone else) can you please tell me?

So I went and asked (on the AVEN forums where I first learned the word agender), and this is what I found out. Agender is someone without gender. Neutrois is someone who is agendered that would actively like to look genderless/sexless.

I hope that clears it up some.

~Mani

Guest lessness
So I went and asked (on the AVEN forums where I first learned the word agender), and this is what I found out. Agender is someone without gender. Neutrois is someone who is agendered that would actively like to look genderless/sexless.

I hope that clears it up some.

~Mani

thank you Mani ^_^

so i'm still neutrois then.... the german aven forum i'm a member at, really isn't that informative. i'm gonna join the english one aswell :)

• 6 months later...

Wow. Is there a site with more detailed descriptions of these than Wikipedia? That's the only place I know to go.

I checked 'questioning'. I considered myself cisgendered until I found out it's not a choice between male and female (surprisingly, they didn't cover that in health class... oops). Now I'm at the 'girl or androgyne?' stage. And oh yeah, you just added 'bigendered' into the mix. (That was not me being upset. That was me about to go *headdesk* because I hate not knowing what's going on in my head. It's my head. I should know what's going on.) This is getting confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

Other people have classed me as androgynous and the test pegged me that way .If so I would further that by saying I am more on the female side .

Things I have noticed

I have no interest in buying male clothing unless it's needed .

I have no problem looking for female clothing that will work for my build.

I purposely allowed my forearms to be skinny and avoid weightlifting for that purpose as well as being a musician.

Although I like girls\\women I lack the motivation and killer instinct to thread that needle .

I am a reasonable good looking male but I am still single after a long and turbulent marriage.

I told my daughter that I think female and she was ok with that .

I have a son as well but havn't had the talk with them yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any term specificaly for between genders but tilted really far to one side? Or is androgyne just a umbrella term of sorts for anywhere inbetween?

I'm androgyne, but part is quite solidly male.

Guest androgynous
I identify as neutrois or androgyne. I feel as if I am neither male nor female, but also I feel as if I am a mix of the two.

Me to. Neutrois Androgyne is how I feel, but have the urge to express both sides at once. I don't feel for switching between the two as that would confuse me.

Guest Itzika
How does the scoring on the test work? I was a -10 Androgyn and the '-10' part confused me. lol... >.>;

I'm guessing we're talking about the COGIATI here? If so, the scoring goes as follows (copied from the print version conveniently located on the MTF section of Laura's Playground):

Score: -650 to -389, COGIATI classification ONE, STANDARD MALE

Score: -390 to -129, COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE

Score: -130 to +129, COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Score: +130 to +389,COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Score: +390 to +650, COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL

-10 means you score Androgyne, just barely to the male side. I scored +90 when I flipped the test so I could take it as an FTM test, meaning I'm androgynous with a fairly strong tendency toward the female side. (I wonder how I would score now...)

~Rey

P.S. If I could change my vote, I would check "Androgyne".

Took the test twice 'first time dressed as male except for underwear scored 110 next time dressed in my presenting female clothes and only scored -60. Both confusing but answered as best to memory and hoonesty as possible.............................

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kelly Ann

I voted some while back but neglected to post...Androgyne...go figure<giggle>I wonder if we all have some sort of pendulum that sways with the Earths rotation occasionally. It might explain a lot...but then Kurt VonneGut did too in many metaphorical manners (is metaphorical really a word????). Though I might be identified as a male (binarilly speaking...oh fudge...am I fracturing the English Language yet again?) as a binary matter would that be a complete picture of me as a whole? ERMMmmm...never going to happen...would I actually throw myself into FTM...it was a dream and posibility, once...but not necessarily now...can I, do I and/or will I ever...don't know and if you knew me like I kew me you'd be more confused than me because you'd think that I was thinking that you were thinking that she was thinking what their friend said about what I said and was mis-understood and*****oh oh***I can usually think beyond my atmosphere, feel upon a touch and care from actions done for others. It's what moves me most, Kelly Ann

• 2 months later...
Guest Sable Dove
Nothing about intergender? :P

I used intergender before, i.e. before i discovered the term genderqueer. I like

the queer part of the word, and how it also implicates a certain view upon society.

And what about androgyne... I don't know, I use it in here, sort of because the 'gender

selection' said nothing about genderqueer. But hey, it feels like it's quite similar, anyway.

And perhaps easier for people to understand quicker, if you write andro, rather than gq.

If I'm not mistaken, "intergender" is essentially synonymous with "androgynous," and "genderqueer" is more of an umbrella term that simply signifies that someone is not male or female. At least, that's my understanding of it.

So I'd be androgynous and genderqueer, and from your description of yourself, so would you be, though I would never presume to tell you what you are; just my opinion/suggestion.

Personally, I prefer 'androgynous' to 'genderqueer', though intergender isn't bad either.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lisa marie

Will have to say androgyne as i feel both male and female,

Feelings is for the majority female and i have a feminine way of acting ,rest is rather male, switching alot from cute n cuddly to evil and masculine depending on the mood

cogati test is a bit funny in my case usually scoring around 340-350 probable transsexual eek, but dont relly feel that i fit in there as i know i'm not just female.

wouldnt mind having babies and all that tho so i guess that side of me is stronger than the male side.

Its a bit hard to classify it into a label really, and i'm not 100% sure on all the terms either so it might change, for now its androgyne/mtf if that makes any sence

Oh and ignore my horrible typing skills :P

Guest Valentine

I just took the COGIATI and got a -40, but I had some serious problems with some of the questions. It is labeled The Cogiati Transsexual Transgendered, Crossdresser, Androgyne Gender Test, at least here. There are some questions on it that are definitely aimed at Transsexual, and some, especially, the ones about childhood that I just a had a hard time answering because all of the answers fit. The ones about sex, end up pushing the masculine, but I don't get them because I don't have a sex drive and don't understand sexual interactions at all, in some ways it would be like asking someone that is color blind to describe the color of a shirt. Some of the questions are much to stereotypical for me also. I have female friends that were excellent mathematicians, and male friends that couldn't add their way out of a paper bag, and the reverse.

I answered the Poll question Agender.

I think we are getting way to many names to describe peoples sexuality and gender though. In 20 years, everyone is going to have their own word.

Guest Ryles_D
I think we are getting way to many names to describe peoples sexuality and gender though. In 20 years, everyone is going to have their own word.

Maybe then such identities won't matter, and we'll accept everyone's differences.

I have always propsed the label human being it is all encompassing and excludes no one.

Love ya,

Sally