• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Saying Hey

Guest Tay-Tay

Guest Tay-Tay

Hey im Taylor. I was born June 30 as a female but i want to be a guy. I have known this since before i even understood it i just knew i was in the wrong body. As i grew up to be the age i am now,15, i envied all the guys. I wished i could be like them have the same parts as them and to be accepted that way. i have wanted to come out for a long time but i dont have the guts but i have told a few people, 2, that i am an FTM and they r kewl with it but i knew they would be that is y i told them. I decided to tell them after reading the book Luna it helped me understand a little but from the wrong view point. I am in GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) and i particapate in the day of silance every year and i get called lesbian but im not and no one knows i like girls but i want to let every one know.

Taylor

Guest Alice4016

Taylor,

Nice to know you are being true to yourself as well. I'm facing the similar situation, how to tell everyone. I know how you feel, now that you've accepted who you are yourself you want everyone to know; you just don't know how to tell them. I tried writing letters, that way I could get all my thoughts in one place before talking to anyone; I don't know about you but I tend to get pretty emotional talking about this with new people, so if I don't write my thoughts down I tend to get them all mixed up.

And no, your right, your not a lesbian. If they keep giving you problems just ask them simply "do you like the opposite sex?", unless they themselves are a homosexual then the answer would be yes. Its the same for you dear, nothing strange about a man loving a woman...natural way of life. I wish you all the best and good luck hun.

Peace, love, and health,

Alice

Guest raydub

Welcome Taylor.

i know youll find the support you need here...stick around. as far as letting people in the GSA know.. it might be good to educate them around the transgender population and let them know that gender identity and sexuality are separate. so whether youre gay or straight doesnt have anything to do with whether you are a girl or a boy....ya know? ...just kinda what your post made me think of. ..hrm..am i way off the mark here? :unsure: im sorry..im a bit distracted today for some reason...

anyway..good luck and see you around!

B) Ray

• Root Admin

Hi Taylor,

Welcome to Laura's Playground forums. :)

MaryEllen

Guest brandt

hey taylor. i'm 15 as well. so any questions i could be able to answer because i think i've had enough experience coming out and trying to get accepted. i've gone through alot. its been i think over year since i've come out so yeah. hope things are going well for you. good luck on things and hope to see ya around here more often. talk to me when you want to =] nice to make some friends.

brandt/kayden.

• 2 weeks later...