• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Pediatrician Is Awesome!

Guest Carden

I came out to her yesterday and I was extremely nervous. I was agonizing over it while I waited for two hours to see her.

Though, once I blurted out that I was having gender dysphoria issues she smiled and started asking me questions about it. But she was phrasing them just right and it was i was able to just let it out and flow naturally. Which shocked me since I normally suck at discussing my problems and emotions.

She is trying to get me a GT but using loopholes so I might not have to pay. Score!

I feel a lot better. :) I was worried she wouldn't understand but she was awesome!

Sadly, I turn eighteen in a month, so I won't be able to go to her anymore. She is referring me to a family doctor who has worked with transgendered teens and adults before though, so that should help.

Just thought I would share my good news. xD

How did you guys and gals come out to your doctors? Did it go as well?

• Admin

That's GREAT Carden. Its a dang shame you won't be able to stick with her, but really, once you get the G.T. referral it won't matter all that much.

I know how you feel, though. My family doc has been as supportive and understanding as yours. You rolled 7's big guy!

Carolyn Marie

Guest KimberlyF

How did you guys and gals come out to your doctors? Did it go as well?

I just changed docs and got one at a LGBT clinic. I checked transsexual MtF on the paperwork when I registered for my first appt, and my doc was awesome and knew before she walked in to meet me the first time. I was a bit nervous at first because its the first time I've checked that box on paperwork but I got over it.

Kim