• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Passing

Guest April

Guest April

I have a few pic's in my albums of me and was wondering what ya'll thought would help me the most with passing. Yes i know this really sounds stupid , but for me right now it seem to be important..... lol ..... so tell me what you think . oohhh yea constructive critsum is very much wanted. Thanks

• Root Admin

You look feminine to me. Your hair could be longer, though.

MaryEllen :)

Guest April

Yea the hair is defently to short ..... lol ..... i have just started growing it back out. Me and my wife had a arguement a few months back and i went into the bathroom and cut it all off. It would have been about to my sholders by now, I hate doing things when i get mad because i always regret it.

Guest April

First off I would like to thank you all for your replays. I have decided to start off with quiting smokeing (understanding the health risk it

will bring and to better myself). Also i will start working more on my voice. After i get these 2 things started going good i am going to start

theropy, I thinking about giveing Virginia Erhardt, Ph.D. a try and see how it goes (what do you all think about her). The only problem i can see is I live about 70 miles

away. That is not really that big of a deal though because we have to travel to Alanta once a month to take our little girl to Children's

Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston. She had Leukemia but she is in remission now but still has to go for treatments, so we will be up that way

at least once a month till mid. 2009.

My bigest fear is comeing out to my job, it is a privetly owned company and have been knowed for being a pain in the rear. I have thought

about mailing a letter to the head human resorce person asking how they felt about the subject, I was not going to use my real name but

my chosen name so if openions were nasty then i would still be safe for now and could be looking for a new job. The letter would simpley

say that i was a transgender looking to relocate to this area and was looking for a good job and company to work for, and tell them the

reason for the letter was to help prevent any embarrasing moments for eather party involved. This way i can know what to expect of the

company and and find out if I will need to look else were or not, what do you all think ????

Guest raydub

you look feminine and it will be even better when your hair grows back.

youre coming up to Atlanta! that's where I am! :lol: :-D

I think the letter is a great idea. nice way to test the waters.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sheila

hi april,

sweetie, you look great. i agree with ray. the letter sounds like a good way to test the waters. thanks for your post april. even though you posted weeks ago i still found and read your post and learned something new. i would have never thought of writing a note to a propective employer.

little girl learning,

sheila

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Madison_Always

the hair thing is my main problem too my voice is a close second.lol tho its getting better ;) much like april i cut my hair just when it was getting long :( oh well