• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wife's Full Support

Guest Alice4016

Guest Alice4016

Hello,

Well, I just recently came out to my family that I am a woman! It was great they are all very supportive (even my wife, she's helping me with voice lessons, developing my handwriting, and she even helped me pick out a wig until I can grow my hair out...http://wowwigs.stores.yahoo.net/athena.html ). She's been going to my doctor with me, and my therapy sessions! She's fine with me making the full transition as soon as I can! I couldn't do any of this without her! (she's said since I came out I've been the most fun to be around, nicest person, she's ever met!) She just makes me melt in her arms...I love her so much!! She said that she understands the person is not changing, the body is changing to match the person (thats why she's so ok with this...because I'll still be me...just all of me!). She's said nothing is going to be different, just I"ll be her Hippy rock chick instead of her Hippy rock guy.

I was wondering if this is typical? Any exp. with this? How did your "coming out" day go? Also she'd like to know if she is welcome on the forums?

Just felt like sharing and letting everyone know how great she is! (I know..I know... showing off, but oh well I love her soooo much!)

Peace, love, and health,

Alice

Guest Leah1026
I was wondering if this is typical? Any exp. with this? How did your "coming out" day go?

Typical? No. But it is starting to become more common. My experience went something like this: I disclosed and 4 months later the divorce was finalized. However, that was the best thing that ever happened to me as I was free to pursue transition at my own pace. And the rest is herstory. B)

Guest Keiichi-kun

Wow that's wonderful Alice. No that's not typical but it is wonderful. Also she is very welcome to Laura's. My mom belongs here and so do other non-trans people. Tell her we'd be glad to see her join :)

Guest Snow Angel

Your results are certainly rare. You're lucky to have her so count your blessings! She can probably pick up a bit of information here and learn more about you if she's willing to join. Allies are welcome here.

Guest Drew

as far as i know that's pretty rare, you're truly lucky to have her support :) allies are welcome here, she'd be welcome to join

Guest raydub

Congratulations on such a wonderful coming out.

Mine was a bit rocky with the fiancee. After she realized that she wasnt losing me and that i would be the same person - just identifying as male - she came back around.

She even offered her next income tax return to help pay for surgery cause she knows that the surgery will help me feel more complete :lol:

Ray

Guest Alice4016
Congratulations on such a wonderful coming out.

Mine was a bit rocky with the fiancee. After she realized that she wasnt losing me and that i would be the same person - just identifying as male - she came back around.

She even offered her next income tax return to help pay for surgery cause she knows that the surgery will help me feel more complete :lol:

Ray

Ray,

Thats great! Good luck with your surgery, and what wonderful fiancee you've found.

Alice

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cecilia

Alice, I believe I asked you something about this earlier at some other thread, but I guess this is the answer.

I guess you can say that I am similar to you in the sense that I also have my wife's full support and it really is interesting to find other people who are like us. i do not think it is that common for people to love each other so much that these things can be taken without losing any manner of affection for each other.

I just want to wish you the best of luck and hope that things will always stay the same between you two. It is always uplifting to see others succeed when you are about to face the same thing, in a way you are truly inspiring.

Good luck to you both

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JoAnnDallas

I know of a few TS's who's wives are OK with them transisioning and are staying with them even after the transision. I even have a couple of full time CD who's wives don't mind them living full time as a woman. So it is not that rare of an event.

Guest JoAnnDallas

Up til two months ago, my wife was NOT very accepting of my CDing. I could dress only when she was not home. She did allow me on Saturday afternoon to dress. She would go to the gym that afternoon. She had not ever seen me dressed and did not want to see pictures of me dressed. The two months ago, we accidently came face-to-face with each othe and me being fully dressed. We sat down at the kitchen table and talked all afternoon with me still fully dressed. Since then she has decided to accept me as a CDer. She says she can handle me CDing but would not handle it if I wanted to transision. I am perfectly happy to CD. At this time I have no reason to transision. She did say, she expected I would probley go full time, if she happen to die before I did. LOL Now she has gone shopping with me for fem clothing, shoes, makeup, and etc. She has seen me many times now fully dressed, has help me do may makeup, get dressed, and even takes pictures of me dressed. Then last Saturday, We found some Pants Suits at a garage sale for $1 each. Sunday afte breakfast, I got dressed in one of them to make sure they fit. I walked out into the living room full dressed with makeup, wig, and heels to ask the wife if it looked OK. She looked at me and said, the pants suit fit very well and my whole presentation was good. Then she said it was time to take the two boy cats outside to play and if I wanted to, I could go outside like I was. So for the first time I was outside fully dressed with my wife. I am hoping in the near future when we go shopping and doing errans that she will allow me to go out with her fully dressed as JoAnn. BTW, she did allow me to stay dressed all day and evening last Sunday. First time for that too.

Wife and I have been married over 30 years and I am finding that I am even more in love with her now than I have before.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 106 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Charlize
    • April Marie
    • Ashley0616
    • Petra Jane
    • EasyE
    • KymmieL
    • Lydia_R