• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How To Sew A Chest Binder?

Guest Leo the First

Guest Leo the First

I'm having a bit of trouble with binders. I can't quite buy one, and all my tight tanktops are loosening (which means I'm, finally, losing weight - whoot!), but it's also a bad thing because I need a new way to bind. I tried plastic / seran wrap today, and I nearly sweated my shirt completely wet. It's way too hot, and my chest is a little itchy right now. I'm just looking for alternate methods, so if you could help...?

I'm a fairly okay sewer, and I'd rather do this on my own, so just any tips on sewing a chest binder would be helpful! 8D Thank you!

Guest Soran Vs

Materials-- The one I have is made of stretchy material and layered with a sort of leathery non-stretchy material that covers the breast region (hence the binding effect) and it is secured with velcro.

I found this link that might be helpful for ya.

http://www.oasisjournals.com/2009/02/chest-binding

I could probably whip up some really quick tutorial later on if you really need it, too.

Guest Robin Winter

I'm having a bit of trouble with binders. I can't quite buy one, and all my tight tanktops are loosening (which means I'm, finally, losing weight - whoot!), but it's also a bad thing because I need a new way to bind. I tried plastic / seran wrap today, and I nearly sweated my shirt completely wet. It's way too hot, and my chest is a little itchy right now. I'm just looking for alternate methods, so if you could help...?

I'm a fairly okay sewer, and I'd rather do this on my own, so just any tips on sewing a chest binder would be helpful! 8D Thank you!

There was a thread with plenty of suggestions on it.

http://www.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2571

I also found this that might be helpful, but I don't understand it myself.

http://community.livejournal.com/ftm/5770035.html#cutid1

Guest Leo the First

Materials-- The one I have is made of stretchy material and layered with a sort of leathery non-stretchy material that covers the breast region (hence the binding effect) and it is secured with velcro.

I found this link that might be helpful for ya.

http://www.oasisjournals.com/2009/02/chest-binding

I could probably whip up some really quick tutorial later on if you really need it, too.

Thank you! : D

And Shilo, those links were very helpful :'DD Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

• christinakristy2021
    • Stacie.H
    • April Marie
    • BobbiSkunk
    • Amy Powell
    • VickySGV
    • MaryEllen
    • Astrid
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Hopscotch
    Newest Member
    Hopscotch

1. atlantis63
      atlantis63
    2. Blackberry015
      Blackberry015
    3. blackcatkittycat
      blackcatkittycat
      (32 years old)
    4. Charlize
      Charlize
      (76 years old)
    5. GamerGirlEmily
      GamerGirlEmily
      (25 years old)
    • Astrid
      Over time, the stress continues to lessen -- as well as the euphoria that accompanied my coming out and beginning HRT. And as those milestones recede in the rearview mirror, it has allowed me to feel much more normal,  and to find my own expression of "non-binaryness".  My clothes closet is probably 80% female items, and will likely stay that way for the forseeable future. Were I young, I doubtlessly would find a different expression, but at 75 I am happy with what I achieved.   Another +1 to what @KathyLauren said regarding the worrisome and hateful behavior that we are witnessing. I can hope that this cycle will diminish over time, but to aid in that, each of us and millions of cis voters need to be involved in local as well as state/provincial, and national elections.    Kind regards,   Astrid    
    • Amy Powell
      Thank you very much, I will def check these out. Hopefully I'll have better luck.   Hugs
    • MaryEllen
      These work well to keep the bits in place without too much discomfort. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=menstral+panties&crid=3A0T4KFOGDZW3&sprefix=menstral+panties%2Caps%2C89&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
    • April Marie
      Going to a bigger size might help. I'm wearing high cut panties every day now - threw out all my male underwear - and ended going up a size just for the abrasion issue. I think that wearing them all the time has helped me "acclimate" as well.
    • Amy Powell
      Currently the material is stretch cotton bikini with no tucking. I've even tried to stretch out the front to create a pouch. Unfortunately I've only had limited success with that.  I'm considering trying a bigger size..maybe that'll help. Thank you for the input
    • April Marie
      Maddee, that makes me so happy for you!   I, too, am grateful for what I've learned about myself and for how far I've come in this past 1.5 years. 
    • Maddee
      Correction: MUCH more peace than I had before.     Profound improvement.  Gratitude. Make it the best possible. 
    • April Marie
      @Sally Stone I am genuinely sorry that I haven't been able to respond to your amazing story and example. Life has just been throwing multiple challenges my way.   I live close enough to Harrisburg to have been seriously thinking about attending the conference next year. Of course, your latest discussion of living part-time gives me pause because the fits me right now. I've been tempted to reach out to the organization and start a dialogue. I have signed up for their newsletter.   Any thoughts on if/how I should proceed?
    • Davie
      It's never wrong to teach Peace, Love, and Understanding. —Davie
    • Davie
      •  My meditation teacher has a canker sore on her lip,     so she teaches me silence.
    • Mirrabooka
      + 1   To answer the question, yes, I am at peace with myself. I only reached that point a couple of years ago when I finally realized that I didn't have to hate my masculinity and push it aside, to accept and make room for my femininity.    There are many things in my life that I intensely dislike and actually resent, nothing to do with gender, but the inner glow that I constantly feel from my inner woman is strong enough to rise above all that. I feel serene as a result.
    • Lydia_R
      Although I like the health benefits of bicycling, I'm mostly a bicycle commuter.  The nice thing about commuting is that it gets you out there even when you don't want to do it.  And you don't have to slot a specific time for it.   I've been working from home exclusively for 12 years, so that wound up with me just not biking very much.  I was in a position where the doctor prescribed "rapid weight loss" to me back in 2011, and I decided back then that exercise might be counterproductive in those efforts contrary to what we hear so much out in the world.  So I was able to lose 60 pounds solely by calorie reduction.  I had good eating and exercise habits before I put on all that weight in my late 30's, so when the weight came off, I started feeling better and went back to those old routines.   Back in 2020, I got really frustrated at not bicycling, so I setup a schedule to bike for fun (always reminds me of the line in Back to the Future "run for fun?").  My house is basically in a valley, so it is a climb out of here.  I prefer the hills to the flat.  It's fun to get the wind in your hair and go fast a little bit.  I'm not as strong as I used to be.  I'm always able to climb out of the neighborhood, but coming up the hill on the other side on the way back from downtown is too much for me now after a long ride and I've been walking my bike up that hill.  There are not many other bicyclists around, but that hill is an intersection for bicycling traffic in this part of town and other bicyclists have been asking me if I'm OK?  I always say yes, I like walking just as much as biking!   I ended up riding 700 miles in 2020 (50 miles a week [Wed, Fri, Sun] for 4 months or so) and then 300 miles in 2021.  I sold my car 6 months ago, so I've mostly been biking for transportation this year.  It's funny how the car is a magnet to restaurants and fast food.  I did a report on my spending this year and I've only spent $12 on fast food in the last 6 months.  Here I'm going to run that report again!!   Fast Food: 2024 (Jan-May) (no car): $12.53 2023 (Jan-Dec): $1,062.72 2022 (Jan-Dec): $624.96   I was working a full time job with a lot of other obligations during 2023 and I had a Fiat EV that I was driving all over town.  I had it in 2022 as well.  I've been on two 40 mile rides this year.  One was a group ride through the rain and the other was to a doctor appointment.  40 miles is about as much as I can handle.
    • Mirrabooka
      Hi there, @Amy Powell. Welcome aboard, by the way! 🙂   Just wondering if your sensitivity is due to the material of the panties, assuming that it might be different to what you used to wear? Also, the style of the panties? And, is it sensitivity or pain? Do you tuck?   I'm in the opposite position in that unfortunately, I don't have much feeling down there at all. I normally wear stretch cotton boyleg shorties during the day and good ol' fashioned cotton granny panties in bed at night, but I do have a selection of other stuff, including stretchy nylon panties in various styles too. 
    • KathyLauren
      Yes, pretty much.  I am happy with who I am.  I no longer feel the need to pretend to be anyone or to act a part, either male or female.  I am just myself.  I feel a little self-conscious if I am not presenting noticeably female, for example if I am in my grubbies out in the garden.  I always wear a hat if I am not wearing a wig, to cover my MPB.  But mostly, if I am out in public, I just wear whatever nice clothes I feel like wearing that day and go about my business.   In fact, I am so relieved at not having to act any more that, when one of the directors at the theatre asked me if I would consider being on stage, I said no way.  I realize now how stressful it was to act a part 24/7 for 62 years, and I am enjoying not acting so much that I can't imaging doing it "for fun".   I am less at peace with the direction the world is heading, and that stresses me quite a bit.
    • April Marie
      I think this is a perfect answer for me, as well. I am at peace with understanding who I am yet not fully happy with where I am in transition. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.