• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

On The Waiting List To See A Gender Therapist

Guest Natalie92

Guest Natalie92

Hey everyone, I'm gonna make this real quick before I have to take my computer literacy test. So, I just got off the phone with the intake coordinator at the Mazzoni Center, an LGBT health center in Philadelphia, and I was told that I am now on the waiting list to see a gender therapist!!! The wait should be about 2-3 weeks, but still, it's finally happening!

I'm so excited!

Natalie

• Admin

YAY, Natalie!

That's great news, hon. The only thing better would be the actual appointment. I hope it comes soon.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Natalie92

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to post an update. We're celebrating National Coming Out Week at my school and I've been really busy with that. But I actually start gender counseling TODAY!!! I can't even sleep I'm so excited about it. And I've heard from several resources that the place I'm going to (the Mazzoni Center) is absolutely amazing! I plan on updating you guys later today as to how my first session went.

Hugs

Natalie

Guest sarah f

Natalie I am glad today is the day for you. Just be yourself and let them know everything. Don't hold anything back from them because that is the only way to truly know what you want and need.

I hope you session goes well. Let us know how it went.

Guest Natalie92

That's awesome news, Natalie!

I looked up the Mazzoni Center and here is a link so everyone can see where you're going...they obviously have a great program fot GLBT...

Good luck, Honay!

http://www.trans-health.org/about/about-main.html

Huggs

Donna Jean

Well, I had my session and it went over really well! My therapist was shocked at how much thought I have already put into my transition. I am now on a 12 week program that can be extended if it is mutually agreed that I need further care. And to think that this is happening on National Coming Out Week and the day after the Mayor of Phiadelphia raised the rainbow flag at city hall, marking the first time the rainbow flag has flown next to the American flag on a municipal building in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania just makes it even more reason to be excited.

Btw, here's the ACTUAL link to the Mazzoni Center (the one you provided DJ is just for the Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference and Mazzoni's role in it) http://www.mazzonicenter.org/

Hugs

Natalie

Guest Donna Jean

Btw, here's the ACTUAL link to the Mazzoni Center (the one you provided DJ is just for the Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference and Mazzoni's role in it) http://www.mazzonicenter.org/

Hugs

Natalie[/color][/font]

Yeah, I know...but it was the best that I could on short notice.....lol

Sounds like a good therapist and a wonderful session...

Good on you, Hon...you're on your way now!

Huggs

Donna Jean

• 2 weeks later...