• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Mental Androgyny

Guest Silver Dreams

Guest Foosnark
I am not physically androgynous. It is hard for me to look androgynous. I am a female. My body is female and I am quite content with it. If there were some way to be physically female and male then I would but I don't think that there is, or that it would be cheap and accessible. Besides my body is nice, I like it.

The only problem is that it is a very feminine body and so people just assume that I am a girl. I'm not a girl. I'm not a boy. I'm something that is both those genders and neither of those genders: a mental androgyne.

Take that and flip it around, and change a couple things and it's where I am. I've been told by multiple people I look like Jamie from Mythbusters (my 'stache is trimmed a lot shorter than his though). I wouldn't say my body is entirely nice -- I want to lose a bunch of weight, and I don't have the option of growing hair like I might want to now, and I'm getting toward middle age -- but I don't hate it.

In my head I am androgynous leaning toward feminine. I am envious of the way some women look; it's much rarer for me to want to look like a man. But I can't see adding breasts to this body that I have now. Presenting myself as more feminine,sure, but to me that's not crossdressing because I know myself not to be a cisgendered male. So I get what you're saying about it being mental more than anything else.

• 1 month later...
Guest alicewonders

Hello everyone..

I am much the same silver dreams. Although i must say that though my body is fem my mind works in more of a mas manner.. But i can totaly agree with you on many points. Except for the skirts... I have had accual nightmares about skirts and dress.. One in which i felt as if i was in the shower sceen of pyscho but instead of a knife my boyfriend was holding a yellow sun dress trying to force me to wear it... For those who havent read my intro post my boyfriend is a mtf trans so that dream was very funny to me after i got over being terrified when i woke up.. but i can relate to you as feeling traped between two and i would also love to find a way to be both male and femal at the same time... You are not alone there.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you evr considered taking up boxing? it changes the way you stand, kinda gives you a posture other people dont,

a lot of actors get told to get trained in boxing for certain rolls so they have that posture too. if you wtch Matt Damon-Inside the actors studio, part 3 on you tube you'll see what i mean, its near the start of the clip :)

I think it could help you out :)