• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Any Chance Of Passing?

Guest StrandedOutThere

Guest StrandedOutThere

Hey guys. Do you all think I could ever pass as male? Keep in mind that I am older.

I bought GTA IV today and got ID'd. That suggests that I must have been passing, as a teenage boy at least. When I look like a girl I never get ID'd for stuff like that.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Opinions? Like my hat?

Guest Jack Solomon

Hey, I definately think you have more than a chance at passing. You actually look like a young guy in those photos. When I saw them, I was thinking, that's you? Wow! Totally different from the photo you had in your profile. You've also got good bone structure potential for a guy - future hormone therapy will improve/masculinize what you've already got and you should see really good results. I like your hat, it makes me smile. :)

Solomon

Guest lorddillon

I think you will do just fine - way better than average even. I do agree with Seth though - you need to loose the hair - once I did I get read more as male than as female, until I speak that is, and then they clock me as female. That will change though after I start T (next week yay!).

Also, a tip to pass well, and the thing that I find really makes a difference: try to wear button down shirts as much as possible. Since T-shirts fall off the chest area they accentuate boobs, while button down shirts minimize them.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I've already cut my hair shorter than it was in the picture. The other day I was thinking of just taking the clippers to it and getting rid of it all. Still, I'm kind of into a bit of the "hippie" look, so I'm a little scared to suddenly cut it all off! I might lose all my strength...

The t-shirts definitely need to go. All this time I thought they were hiding stuff when they were probably making it worse.

My voice gives me away too, even though I have a deeper voice than most bio-girls. Grrrr....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Seth

I know this may not be the place, but I can't find the other thread.

Yesterday, I went and talked to my ex's class about transsexualoty. It was ok, for the most part. Of course, some woman was tryna shove the Bible's teachings down my throat but whatever. ANYWAY, it was pretty cool.

When I was walking back to my actual class, a security guard asked to see my pass. I showed it to him and one of the maintenance guys was walking past and said "how're you gonna question a Resident Evil guy?" I WAS SOOO HAPPY!

Guest StrandedOutThere
When I was walking back to my actual class, a security guard asked to see my pass. I showed it to him and one of the maintenance guys was walking past and said "how're you gonna question a Resident Evil guy?" I WAS SOOO HAPPY!

That's cool! Awesome!

Sorry about the religion attack. Meh, it happens. Did you argue at all?

Guest StrandedOutThere
No, I didn't argue. I decided it wasn't worth it to fight. All I said was 'thank you for your opinion.'

That was probably the best way to handle it. I've never made much progress arguing with religious people over gender/sexual orientation issues.

It's really cool that you were willing to talk to the class. I'm such a chicken about public speaking. Even though I've taught classes for a couple of years, my heart still pounds when I'm in front of a group.

Guest Seth

It was my first time talking to a large group of people about the trans issue, and I think I did pretty well, considering the fact I had pretty much 5 hours to put together what I was gonna say.

Guest Sakura_Stingray

hey mr. king...are you goin to try to wake me out of bed holding a grilled chicken sandwitch on a tortilla as a boritto at lunch.....if you are remind me to bring the dairy queen so she can cream you -snickers- but your passable

Guest Seth

Ok, so today I actually did stuff in Auto Mechanics, and it was alot of fun! I felt like such a man.

Plus, I was doing an oil and filter change, and I was working with 2 other guys, and my teacher's like 'alright, boys, let's get to work'! :D

Then, last semester, I built a shelf I've been forgetting to pick up, and the Construction class is right next to Auto, so I called his name and he's like 'yes, sir...ma'am...sir...ma'am'. Funniest thing. I guess I'm really good at passing, even to teachers who see on the roster it says 'F' under gender.

Guest StrandedOutThere
Ok, so today I actually did stuff in Auto Mechanics, and it was alot of fun! I felt like such a man.

Plus, I was doing an oil and filter change, and I was working with 2 other guys, and my teacher's like 'alright, boys, let's get to work'! :D

Then, last semester, I built a shelf I've been forgetting to pick up, and the Construction class is right next to Auto, so I called his name and he's like 'yes, sir...ma'am...sir...ma'am'. Funniest thing. I guess I'm really good at passing, even to teachers who see on the roster it says 'F' under gender.

That's really cool. I like working on cars too. I'm a total car geek...used to have a 2001 Mustang GT (back in like 2002). Before I was in grad school, I did all my own oil changes and light maintenance. Now I don't have time. One time I also managed to change out my friend's radiator. I was pretty proud of myself because I only had the Chilton's manual...gotta love those things.

You must be really good at passing. That's awesome! I dream of a day when I can pass. Right now I just look too "girly"...ugh.

Guest raydub
You must be really good at passing. That's awesome! I dream of a day when I can pass. Right now I just look too "girly"...ugh.

Seconded..sigh.

One day eh?

Ray