• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sin

Guest *Guest*

Guest AngelFTM

Am starting to feel that i maybe sinning ageist God me being TG also think that i should punish myself for being this way

how do i know that this isn't a test from God one that i have to pass

yet can i Denny what i truly am

is being TG a sin ?

Guest chngnwnd

As I see it, we are as God made us. God would not add the burden of another sin to us - only we can burden ourselves in that way. Since it is not really a choice to be transgendered, we are as He intended.

Bobbi

Guest therisa

Angel, anyone says, being Trans is a sin, is wrong. For they are committing a sin, themselves, that of hatred. I know, its hard to ignore their voices, Angel, but they are not worthy of your attention and time. Hope this helps you.

hugs,

therisa

Guest TigerFoxMatt

The way I see it is that God made us this way for a reason. He gave us these challenges because He knew we would be strong enough to handle them, and He wanted us to teach others about it. I strongly disagree with the statement that God hates transpeople, as well as the statement that God hates gays or lesbians.

Guest ChloëC

Hi Angel,

No, you are not a sinner. And here's why.

This will be a long post, and I guarantee you that very few people will bother to read it, and fewer will think about it and almost no fundamentalist Christian will possibly be swayed by it, because most people have their own set of beliefs and until and unless someone descends from the clouds in a fiery chariot surrounded by seraphim and cherubim, with trumpets ablaze, anything else will be dismissed as not relevant.

So, what do we have? Well, lots of Bible quoters, who basically have not really read the Bible, will start out by quoting Deuteronomy 22:5 which forbids the wearing of clothes of one gender by the other. They will conveniently leave out the laws against wearing clothes of two different materials (cotton/polyester comes to mind), that if a parent has a stubborn son, he will be brought out and stoned to death, a ban against believing in astrology, to rest on the 7th day, a rapist must marry his victim and can never divorce her, you can’t eat non-Kosher maggots, I hope you get the idea. They are cherry picking here.

Anyway, Acts 15:23 in the New Testament and beyond basically say that Christians are NOT required to keep the Laws of Moses except for circumcision and 4 particular restrictions, none of which have to do with human gender (they are required to accept Jesus!!!). So any Old Testament quotes from Exodus, or Deuteronomy or any of those that people pick and choose from are basically INVALID for Christian living.

Ok, we have the New Testament quotes which some are using. For example Romans 1:26-27. You really have to read all of Romans 1 to understand what Paul is saying. He is giving examples of what has happened to a group of people that have abandoned God (and Jesus) and is giving examples of what this abandonment is like. He is saying basically that because they abandoned God, “God gave them up to vile afflictions”. Not that people who act a certain way are vile in and of themselves. If you believe in God and accept Jesus as your Savior, you are not a part of that group of people that gave up on God AND who God caused to be afflicted. This is a perfect example of people using the Bible as a buffet dinner and picking and choosing what they want to believe and accept, not what is written.

And , you know, I’m looking at a web site that purportedly gives Bible quotes that attempt to show that anything TG is a sin. Other then the quotes that show what Jesus taught – Love your God, Love your Neighbor, the rest is from the Old Testament and therefore not meaningful to Christians, as fully explained in Acts.

Geesh!!!! It would be nice if someone actually bothered to read the Bible.

What I really find sad is that this writer, wrote the following -

"Strange that those who don’t want to be judged for being transgender will judge you for the opposite view!"

Basically he is casting stones on TG people and then saying they are wrong for casting stones at him. He is judging people right and left and then criticizing tg people for attempting to judge. Nobody except God has the right to judge anyone for their beliefs.

So, NO - being transgender is NOT a sin. In the Christian Bible New Testament, there is no restriction against it. And it's basically because Jesus brought a new covenent and that is a covenent that God loves you and you are to love God and your neighbor back.

Hope this helps

Hugs

Chloë

btw, I refuse to use gender pronouns when talking about God. If we were made in God's image, God was in the funhouse hall of mirrors at the time.

Guest Masculinity

Transgenderism or transsexualism is not a sin,because every transgendered person was born that way and it's God who created them that way.

In my opinion,there is nothing negative about wanting to be the opposite gender and feeling like you born in the wrong body,unless you attempt suicide or there is some kind of disrespect towards something or someone,because let me tell you ... MANY people that can't transition or take hormones because of medical problems or lack of money can frustrate them,they will try to kill themselves - living in the wrong body your entire life is something that needs to be fixed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 98 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • MaryEllen
    • April Marie
    • Karen Carey
    • VickySGV
    • Maddee
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Abigail Genevieve
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nikki Hart
    Newest Member
    Nikki Hart

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • Ivy
      For a time I would get an anxiety attack when I had to dress in male mode.  Haven't tried it in a while.
    • MaeBe
      Indeed! Most happiest of Birthdays to you!
    • Ashley0616
      Happy birthday @April Marie!
    • April Marie
      Thank for the birthday wishes, everyone!!!   It started great...and then I was rear-ended at a highway construction site this morning. I'm OK. The woman who hit me was shaken - was going fast enough to deploy her air bags. I was at dead stop. Her car had to be towed away. My truck too a hit to the tailgate and the bumper. It seems OK otherwise but I'll know tomorrow when they do the appraisal.   UGH!   Happy Birthday to Me!! :-)  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      "How did it go yesterday? Any trouble in Millville?" He shook his head. "Your biscuits and gravy are great." "Mama's recipe. She taught this girl to COOK." "Uh-huh.  Well, it rained the whole time.  We did the ground breaking in pouring rain.  Your friend, the former head of manufacturing, is now on the Board.  It looks like sunshine down there, he told me, with the missile plant starting up and they re-hired all the people they fired.  Millville Products is as it was.  And the Chinese money is still coming.  That was just an ugly rumor.  Gibson quit, but you knew that." "Missile plant, huh.  Yeah.  Gibson and I may go into business.  But I have been thinking-" "Yeah.  It's been declassified.  I can tell you they made missiles for Navy ships and planes during World War 2. It was shut down after Vietnam.  Several other supporting companies are moving in - paint, electronics assembly, a few others - that support missile production." "Okay."
    • Lydia_R
      That is, it's a great document in that it seems to clearly define things, not that I'm in agreement with it.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      https://www.digitaltransgenderarchive.net/col/cj82k733h   I am now dissatisfied with the thread title because it seems to exclude Catholics and maybe others .  I am not sure what to change it to, so I will fuss over THAT now. 
    • Lydia_R
      I'm on the ballot being mailed tomorrow for an open US Rep seat.  I have both an honorable discharge and an other than honorable discharge.  I told the Navy that I was smoking pot every day right after Y2K.  I told them that while I was in the Navy, I substituted alcohol for marijuana and that the alcohol was making me violently sick.  After 5+ years of that, I said enough is enough and I went back to smoking pot.  I got better and I felt like the quality of my work was improving.   I certainly wasn't the perfect military member, but I excelled at my job and earned a promotion in boot camp.  They drug tested our unit several times after I told them I was smoking pot and I may have never tested positive.  I was opening smoking pot in the Navy for 3 or 4 months before they decided to kick me out.  At my captain's mast, the captain tried to shame me by saying I looked bad in uniform and that I was a disgrace, but all my evaluations said that I looked great in uniform.  I took great pride in looking good in my dress blues and whites.  Sure, I had grown my hair out a little bit (you know, it's not like I became trans in my 50's all the sudden) and I was enjoying some green anodized eye glasses :)   I think that people get very emotional about these kinds of issues when they should be concentrating more on engineering things and work performance.  I think we should take the lead and talk about our professional lives more instead of focusing on this type of politics.  That's a great document and I saved the PDF to my hard drive.  I think we should have more respect for the production that China is doing instead of concentrating on raising a military defense against them.  I personally disliked the hazing rituals in the Navy and think our military would be better off with being more accepting and intelligent.  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      My snarky comment of the morning is that Trump may be the first president sworn into office from a jail cell.  He can't keep his mouth under control.  It's likely he may be serving time for contempt for violating gag orders in January if he keeps it up, and the judges are more than happy to slap fines and imprisonment on him.
    • Ashley0616
    • Abigail Genevieve
      For one thing, this is Rolling Stone, who is convinced that the right is evil and writes articles from that perspective.   For another, he did not call out for eradication.  His answer was lousy, I did not like it, it was ambiguous, but he denied being for eradication of transgender people.   I still don't know what transgenderism is, but I see it as distinct from transgender people.   Conservative TG people need to become politically active and actively dialog and engage with these people..  Dang it.
    • Vidanjali
      Here's some inspiration. Wheels within wheels.   
    • Lydia_R
      Yes, totally.  That's a great story about your math history @Vidanjali!  Wow!   People tend to forget or are not aware of grads instead of degrees and radians, but that is becoming a big deal to me in the idea of coding a trigonometric function.  If you set your calculator to grads and then do the sin of 33.33, it comes up with .4999, you know, pi/6.  The significance here is that by dividing pi/2 (radians) into 100 units (grads) instead of 90 units (degrees), you are now in a base 10 space.  And when we are dealing with decimals (in base 10), and trying to convert them back to ratios, then notating our angles in the base 10 system of gradients seems like it is the key to coding the trigonometric function.   Then again, this has all kind of been a revelation to me the last couple days.  It's fun to combine math with code and I'm looking forward to writing some algorithms around this.  My last job was coding software for a healthcare company and there was no math involved in that and that was a depressing part of that job.  The long hours of that job kind of created a spiritual backlog of wanting to do some math work and I think that energy is busting out right now.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Went out to get the mail.  I was thinking that I only have dysphoria when I am dressed like a guy as I walked out there, looselimbed and feeling femme.   Get with the program, girl, says I. I am supposed to be dysphoric when I am wearing women's clothing, not the other way around.  In the past I have worn women's clothing like this and after a while said I guess I really don't have GD, switched to male clothing until I gave it up, miserable, and went back.   Dreaming of a nice skirt-suit set.  Looked at them on Amazon.  And a peasant skirt with a nice lacy top.  And a denim skirt, worn with tights, boots and a turtleneck.  A girl can dream.    
    • Vidanjali
      Yes, indeed. It's nice to think about. Calculus allows you to work with an infinitely-many-sided regular polygon which may as well be a circle.    I worked with such ideas within my master's thesis which was a history of the Jordan Curve Theorem. Basically, the theorem states that if you draw a circle on a piece of paper, that the circle separates the paper into two distinct regions - the interior of the circle and the exterior of the circle. Turns out it's not so straightforward to prove rigorously, especially considering all they had to work with at the time the theorem was stated was Euclidean geometry. It took generations and the development of new fields of mathematics before any correct proof was established.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.