• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is That Possible For An Androgyne.....

Guest symempathy

Guest symempathy

to want or accept a genital that is of the opposite sex?

Hello everyone,

I hope this question does not gross anyone out? And I'm not talking about intersex people or transgenderists. I'm only wondering whether this case ever exists.

Although I'm not sure if androgyne is a good label for me, it's perhaps a good one for now because I have both masculine and feminine traits. Feminine trait is stronger, and I don't randomly shift to either side. It's quite stationary. That's my psychology. So far I don't care about how my genital looks. Let's say for some reason that I will lose my born penis and have it become a vagina. I will not freak out about it because I can care less about my anatomical sex.

I'm interested to know how you guys feel about this. If your biological genital organ is changed due to either personal or objective reason, are you going to be okay with it?

Thank you

Minh

I've heard of people wanting to change their physical traits to the opposite sex and still maintain an androgynous identity, so I believe the answer is yes. Doesn't really apply to me, at the moment anyways. Once I'm sure I'm done having kids I may consider the possibility of removing my testicles (cuz I'm tired of getting squashed and all the pain they bring otherwise). Other than that the only physical changes I want aren't specific to one sex or another.

But yes, it is possible for an androgyne to desire what you're talking about. I look at androgyny as a state of mind or behavior rather than appearances or what your genitalia.

Guest symempathy

I've heard of people wanting to change their physical traits to the opposite sex and still maintain an androgynous identity, so I believe the answer is yes. Doesn't really apply to me, at the moment anyways. Once I'm sure I'm done having kids I may consider the possibility of removing my testicles (cuz I'm tired of getting squashed and all the pain they bring otherwise). Other than that the only physical changes I want aren't specific to one sex or another.

But yes, it is possible for an androgyne to desire what you're talking about. I look at androgyny as a state of mind or behavior rather than appearances or what your genitalia.

Hello Micha

So are you saying that you may want to have your testicles removed, but you don't have a desire to modify it to make it a vagina, do you? I mean your wife accepts you and love you for who you are, but she still needs sex, doesn't she? Sorry for being graphic, but I mean your wife's sexual need associates with your genital appearance, doesn't it? If your testicles AND penis are gone altogether, is it a problem for your wife? Apparently your outside appearance stays the same, only your genital region changes.

Hello Micha

So are you saying that you may want to have your testicles removed, but you don't have a desire to modify it to make it a vagina, do you? I mean your wife accepts you and love you for who you are, but she still needs sex, doesn't she? Sorry for being graphic, but I mean your wife's sexual need associates with your genital appearance, doesn't it? If your testicles AND penis are gone altogether, is it a problem for your wife? Apparently your outside appearance stays the same, only your genital region changes.

Yes, you're right. My wife loves me for who I am, accepting that I'm not a "manly" man and that I'm much more feminine than men "ought" to be. However, we both have sexual needs, and just as she wouldn't go without, I wouldn't want to either. Being rid of my testicles would effect that, but not drastically enough to deny her or myself sex. It's also an undecided issue for me, something I think about from time to time (usually when I'm trying to get comfortable in bed but can't because the way I want to lay leaves me squeezed <_< ).

For me, my body isn't my gender, it's just my shell. There's how I want to look of course, but it can be achieved without surgery (lotsa exercise and dietary changes, maybe a wig but nothing more complicated than that). Appearances are only a small part of my gender identity though.

Guest symempathy

Yes, you're right. My wife loves me for who I am, accepting that I'm not a "manly" man and that I'm much more feminine than men "ought" to be. However, we both have sexual needs, and just as she wouldn't go without, I wouldn't want to either. Being rid of my testicles would effect that, but not drastically enough to deny her or myself sex. It's also an undecided issue for me, something I think about from time to time (usually when I'm trying to get comfortable in bed but can't because the way I want to lay leaves me squeezed <_< ).

For me, my body isn't my gender, it's just my shell. There's how I want to look of course, but it can be achieved without surgery (lotsa exercise and dietary changes, maybe a wig but nothing more complicated than that). Appearances are only a small part of my gender identity though.

I'm happy that you and your wife are good together.

I think like you do: the body is the shell. However, I don't think it's JUST the shell, isn't it? Let's say that you have another androgyne or man who has your identical personality and also has great looking body, and he can understand your wife like you can; your wife definitely doesn't want him. She only wants you.

In my chemistry classroom, there are some hot guys who are athletes. I find them attractive, but I only have my eyes on my Mexican friend. I like his personality and his appearance. He dresses simply just like other men in class, and he doesn't show his muscles, but I still like him over other men.

I don't know about your wife, but I think I can see her feelings for you through my view of men I am experiencing.:)You are not wrong. What we are is just the shell, but that shell is important in the eyes of people who love us.

Minh

What we are is just the shell, but that shell is important in the eyes of people who love us.

Minh

Absolutely. It's the only part of us that's tangible. That with which we sense our experiences, our existence. Absolutely important, and just as important is being comfortable in it. I'm not in mine, but not as much so as others. There's nothing you shouldn't do to make your body truly yours.

Guest Chrysee

What we are is just the shell, but that shell is important in the eyes of people who love us.

Minh

It seems that my girlfriend is far more attached to my body than I have ever been. If you've read many of my posts, you might be familiar with the fact that I have sustained over time a number of injuries, and therefore am a chronic pain patient. I watch the original Terminator and think: now I need a body made out of the same stuff! As well, due to some dedicated hard living for too many years, I look maybe twenty years older than I am.

So there you have it: I'm shriveled up, limp somewhat hunched over much of the time, and whine a lot.

And Anu thinks I'm beautiful. She just about cried when I so much as mentioned shaving off my beard. But then, a few weeks later, it was she who took me to the store, bought me the razor, and later that day dyed my hair for me.

But she still wobbles slightly: one day she'll triumphantly discover that I'm 'still me!' On other days, she expresses concern about how well she'll get along with the 'new me' down the road.

One day, she got off the bus after work nearly in tears. (I typically meet her bus and walk her home.) She walked up to me and announced: "I'm not a lesbian!" Apparently someone at work had asked if, once I've finished transitioning, we'd be a lesbian couple.

So my appearance seems to mean a lot more to her than me. On the other hand, she has always believed that a person must be who they really are. She stumbled over that one at first but has for the most part regained her balance. Together we read a piece on the Internet about the effects of HRT on the male body. It was written, in fact, by the doctor that I hope to one day see.m I cringed at how I imagined some of the information must be effecting her. In the end, however, she turned and said to me: "You musn't let anything stand between you and getting what you want."

Okay, now I'm babbling. I hope this rant contributed something.

Thanks for reading,

Cissy Sartorious