• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So Tomorrow Be My First Appointment.

Milly

Yes tomorrow at 11:30 am I will be attending a therapy session at a GT. Needless to say im scared, nervous all around jittery. I wanna make the best impression but at the same time I don't want to waste an hour saying nothing and it being a 90 dollar get to know you moment. Im at a loss for words. Im scared. Don't say don't be, I am. Nothing will change that.

Allow me to also say im frustrated as all heck cause the other night guy didn't show up >.< and I've already had a scary conversation with a customer who nonchalantly said "only one here tonight? I said no cause I don't wanna be robbed he said" how late are u open? " I had to say 24 hour....I don't wanna die :x

Ashley,

Good luck with your therapy session. I won;t tell you mot to be nervous, because I know I was. I will tell you that it goes pretty well and doesn't hurt. The therapist will lead the conversation where it needs to go. PLease keep us posted as to how it goes for you.

Guest KimberlyF

A few points on your post.

Yes tomorrow at 11:30 am I will be attending a therapy session at a GT. Needless to say im scared, nervous all around jittery. I wanna make the best impression but at the same time I don't want to waste an hour saying nothing and it being a 90 dollar get to know you moment. Im at a loss for words. Im scared. Don't say don't be, I am. Nothing will change that.

Honestly, I am one of the shyest people you will ever meet in your life. I felt like I was going to throw up the whole day I had my first session. I thought I was going to sit there and stare at her for 50 mins and feel like an idiot the whole time.

First off, you shouldn't put so much pressure on yourself. Your job isn't to make the best impression on your therapist. You're not looking for a new BFF or someone to date or to invite to the house for Christmas dinner. This really is a professional relationship. That doesn't mean you should not have a connection with your therapist. If you don't feel comfortable pretty quickly, find a new one.

As shy as I am, before the first session was over, I knew that mine was very compassionate and I could talk to her. And as I was telling my story I could see in her eyes that she felt bad for me and that just made it easier to talk to her.

What I did in the first 2 mins that helped me is I just said I'm a transsexual. I figured the longer I held that in the more it would be in my mind the whole session and it would just put more and more pressure. Once I said it, and it was on the table, I instantly relaxed. It was amazing. Instead of saying I have some gender issues to work out or something vague like that where we can be BSing for hours on my dime. It was out there, no turning back now lets be real here.

Allow me to also say im frustrated as all heck cause the other night guy didn't show up >.< and I've already had a scary conversation with a customer who nonchalantly said "only one here tonight? I said no cause I don't wanna be robbed he said" how late are u open? " I had to say 24 hour....I don't wanna die :x

Is there any other job you can find? I know the economy sux. That is really BS that you're alone. You say you're kinda getting comfy with management, is there any way you could bring up the whole safety issue with ANYONE working by themselves ever at the place when someone doesn't show up. Someone should be called in to cover. It's really common sense.

Good luck...is it today? Post was after midnight, but not sure on Texas time or what you were thinking when you said tomorrow. But either way, keep us posted. Most people walk out of their first meeting on such a high.

Kim

Guest Donna Jean

Ashley....

Smart move on your part....and fast thinking...

Please stay safe...oh?

Be scared...it's natural...It'll go away, though...

Good Luck, Honey...

HUGGS

Donna Jean

Guest Felicia Anne

scared is normal, ashley. everyone gets scared. but i'm going to share with you some advice that my daddy gave me growing up that i think will help you. daddy told me that everyone gets scared, even him, but no matter what happens, don't let being scared stop you from doing what is right.

you can do it, you are doing it, and (if i may speak for the playground) we are all very, very proud of you!

Thanks so much all for the advice. I know what I am and I wont hesitate. I will lay that down asap. :) btw shift went well, boss loved that I stayed on top of things and was very impressed. So im fairly sure im in good with him. He knows about me fully and still talks to me about wow. I did let him know, I was worried about the other guy. Thankfully it turns out he just slept in a bit too long :P oh well, I need a bit of sleep. Ttyl all thanks! Ill update with details later :D

Oh yea sorry, my time is all messed up. At the time of this post ill be in therapy within 3 hours. ^_^ im dumb I always mess up little details like that :P

Guest KimberlyF

Oh yea sorry, my time is all messed up. At the time of this post ill be in therapy within 3 hours. ^_^ im dumb I always mess up little details like that :P

So your going to lay out your gender issues right away, and mention that you're way too hard on yourself, right?

Kim

• Admin

Sorry I;m late to this thread, Ashley. By the time you read this you will have finished and come back home.

I do hope all goes well, and you and the G.T. hit if off. I know you're going to do great.

I so look forward to hearing about your session, and I'll be here when you post.

Love

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Ashley. Fear is completely natural and luckily can't hurt you. I hope you'll soon discover that a good therapist is the easiest person in the world to talk to and talking freely is a blessed relief.

Good move at work. Being aware of all the possibilities is actually the very best way to stay safe.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your appointment! a major milestone. Do you remember that it wasn't so long ago you thought this day would never come?

I'm happy for you.

Hugs

JohnJ

Yea, hopefully this isn't going to be the gate to me feeling like who I need to feel like.

I was approved for hormones. She said she didn't have time to type it up atm. I can call one of the doctors on her list to get started. Im stunned. Absolutely stunned. O.o she was incredibly nice and very sweet. I was just open and honest. Sad part is I have to wait til the 2nd of december to see her again. She even lowered my payment. Im gonna call them tomorrow to set up an appointment.

• Admin

Wow, Ashley, way cool! That's GREAT!

You still have some hoops to go through, but you're really on the fast track now. Just stay clean so all the blood tests come back normal when you see the doc, and do everything they tell you to do.

See, the G.T. experience was just like we all said it would be. I'm happy for you, hon.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

I am so happy for you Ash, I really am. My first appointment is coming up soon too, I'll probably just come right out and tell the GT right away too.

I'm so proud of you.

<333

• Forum Moderator

Yea Ashley!

I'm soooooo happy for you!!

That was fast! And you like your therapist too. Just terrific

Must seem a little like a dream.

Keep on dreamin' if it is. It's your turn!

Hugs

John

Stay clean? I only smoke a little bud here and there. I don't think ill pass for a while. :x oh well ill call tomorrow and see what I can do. So tired. I stopped all drinking completely. Like uttery stopped.