• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Relapsed

Guest JoannaSydney

ive been posting on the forum about that ive been having trouble and saying that i was making a mistake by transitioning i stopped taking my estrodial and went out and smoked pot not the smartest choice i honestly cant say i feel bad about it i think i was having fear about transition and needed to talk to someone and i just could put my finger on what it was but i was afraid i tend to be the type to hold everything in alot has been going on in my life that was stressful i definetly dont want to use pot again i think it definetly set me back i think i need to call my therapist to talk to him about some issues i dont want to throw my life away because i worked so hard to get were i am sometimes i cant make sense whats going on in my head so i do the best i can to solve my issues i just think i just blew it i am definetly afraid to talk to my therapist and telling him i smoked pot i dont see him regularly i started taking my esrodial again today because i just want to put it behind me and move forward knowing that i really need to talk to people about my issues

• Admin

You've got the right idea, hon. I urge you to talk to your therapist. Don't be worried about disapproval; they are used to dealing

with things that go wrong, as that is what usually happens somewhere along the line. If everything always went right for everyone,

therapists would be out of a job.

Let us know how it goes, OK? I care about you, we all do, and we want to see you healthy and happy.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Don't see this as a failure, it isn't. This is a bump in the road. You've got the right idea in telling us and in talking to your therapist. You can overcome this set back, you can still meet the goals you have set for yourself. You have not failed!

Guest Donna Jean

I totally agree wiith Sharah! You didn't fail...just fell of the bike. You got back up and started to pedal again...Good for you, Hon....

Talk to the therapist...ok?

Huggs

Donna Jean

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pellinore

relapsing is human ^^, trying to get rid of substance abuse habits is a long road. Believe me, the cold turkey i got from heroin and things wasn't what was difficult..it was the mental need to keep doing it that made me relapse. Try to find focus on other things, try to find natural happyness.

just don't forget that there is a world outside being stoned.

Edited by MaryEllen
Removed phrase about illegal drug use
  • 5 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Do you have a sponsor? Somebody that you can call when ya feel like lighting one up? There's a lot of groups in NA and AA that are LBGT. Sorry, didn't check to see where you're from. But if you can get into an LGBT broup in NA there's always a chance that you can find a trans sponsor. That person may have "been there and done that" in your situation.

Yea, a lot of people relapse. Don't quit your recovering on it. As said in other responses, it's a bump in the road.