• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Received My First Injection Of Testosterone

Guest Jack Solomon

Guest Jack Solomon

I received my first injection of Testosterone at the doctor's appointment for hormone therapy evaluation yesterday. I had to travel to Milwaukie, Oregon from lower Oregon but it was well worth it. I drove up with my friend Snow Angel on Sunday, and in the morning she drove me to the doctor's office. I saw Dr. Sara Becker and she was very pleasant and sympathetic to talk to. Later Snow Angel and I had a very good day just driving and walking around in a different city.

Becker's office staff were very friendly as well. I had arranged the appointment for Jack Solomon because my therapist had said I didn't have to use a legal name (except on paperwork) and that worked out well enough, except that occassionally on papers I had to sign two different names - my legal and Jack Solomon. But there wasn't that much paperwork so it wasn't a big deal, and it was nice that the office staff called me Jack.

The injection itself was given by a really kind nurse, and she showed me how to give the injection in the upper thigh. I'll be taking 100mg of testosterone (cypionate) via injection on a weekly basis (at least for now, the doctor will probably adjust the dosage later). It didn't really hurt at all, the needle that was used was very fine and there was barely any sting. The blood-drawing for my lab-work did actually sting a bit, though.

Unfortunately, I had developed something of a sore throat/cold by today so I'm not properly celebrating as I should, but I'm happy about getting the injection and the prescription. The doctor said I should see noticable changes within the first week or two. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news.

Solomon

Guest StrandedOutThere

That's awesome!!! You'll have to keep us posted on what changes you notice. I've read stuff online and in books that say that changes in thinking and emotions come about pretty quickly. I don't know though... I'd be interested to hear your account.

I'm so happy for you! Wheeeee!! :lol:

Guest Snow Angel

Yes, congrats again. When you came out of the doctor's office, you looked so happy. I've never seen you grinning like that. I knew something good had happened. I had a really great day, too.

Guest Jack Solomon

Thanks guys, I'll definately keep you updated on the changes I notice. I've been having points where I'm smiling at random all day today and yesterday, even though I felt under the weather. :)

There was one point where I felt light-headed and queasy on the bus ride home, where I assume the testosterone was peaking or something. That was a little nerve-wracking but I think it was from my body getting adjusted to having this new amount of hormone introduced to it, which is understandable. I've felt pretty level and decent physically since then (except for the sore throat/cold part), and the light-headedness was only there for about fifteen minutes.

Yes, congrats again. When you came out of the doctor's office, you looked so happy. I've never seen you grinning like that. I knew something good had happened. I had a really great day, too.

Yeah, I remember feeling like a weight had been lifted when I came out of the office. Thanks again for driving me. B)

Solomon

Guest Chris_421

Hey congrats dude! It's awesome eh? When I got my first shot everything afterwards felt like a dream. I'm also on .5 cc (100mg) every week.

• 2 weeks later...