• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Got Ma'amed Today For The First Time While At My New Store

Guest shimmeringkristal

Guest shimmeringkristal

Ok so I started at my new store that I am eventually going to take over as RGM about two weeks ago in a Hardee's franchise. When I go to work I don't wear makeup as it is so hot that I sweat it all off by the middle of my shift. Well anyway I look androgonous ( I think that that is the word) at best without makeup. So this woman comes through the drive and when I am taking her order she says thank you Sir. Well I got a a very small bit upset at her calling me sir which happens more than not. Well When she got to the window she quickly appologised for calling me sir and started to call me ma'am. I was feeling like I was on cloud 9. Even without my lifeline of makeup she called me ma'am. I was so thrilled. By the way everyone at the new store knows me as Kristal Smith and knows about me and is fine with that fact which is such a great relief to me. When I went to the District Manager and told him that I wanted to transfer to the store that I am at now but I wanted to do it as Kristal he told me that everything would be set up that way as long as my work didn't suffer. Well that was before he wanted to promote me and one day he came to me and told me that he wanted me to start the classes to become an RGM. He said that my preformance and attitude was just what he was looking for.

So anyway everything has been going great for me at work.

• Root Admin

Congrats! By the way, RGM?? Relief General Manager?

PJ

Guest Snow Angel

Wow, congratulations. It's so awesome to have such a supportive boss who looks past the shell and to the person.

Guest raydub

Congratulations! Im glad things are going so well.

RGM - Restaurant General Manager? (help us out here... :lol:)

That's just awesome.

Ray

Guest shimmeringkristal

Basically I would be the manager of that store. But I could go to the other stores and help with their management if their manager was to quit or get fired. You are right raydub, it stands for Restaurant General Manager. The odd thing is that I was never a shift leader. I am going to surpass that step alltogether. Anyway I am excited.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Storm Angel

Wow that's great! I bet it felt good inside to be adressed as a girl :)

This has happened to me too on a couple of occasions, the last time was about 3 weeks ago when I was ordering some McDonalds (naughty naughty lol), It was the best feeling, I walked out the door with a big smile! :) Most of the time I get called "Bro" or "Sir" and it really does hurt alot.