• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good Direction

Guest JoannaSydney

I have been in contact with people from the aa after my last relapse.It hard thing to go to meetings because the guys go with the guys and the girls go with the girls its just the way it is i guess.I just dont know what the future holds for me but i have a direction.I do know that a future full of addiction is not much of a future.Im on hrt and i dont want to play games with this so what ever is on my plate i can deal with even though it seems imposible

Jo-Ann

• Admin

That's a fantastic attitude, Jo-Ann. Good for you.

We're behind you all the way, hon. Hang in there and beat this thing.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest erinanita

I have been in contact with people from the aa after my last relapse.It hard thing to go to meetings because the guys go with the guys and the girls go with the girls its just the way it is i guess.I just don't know what the future holds for me but i have a direction.I do know that a future full of addiction is not much of a future.I'm on hrt and i don't want to play games with this so what ever is on my plate i can deal with even though it seems impossible

Jo-Ann

It is hard to go to AA meetings when you're in transition, but you have a great attitude. I know you'll do well.

I stopped going to AA five years ago when I started transitioning because I didn't know how to express my feelings at the group level. Lucky for me I didn't have a relapse.

Love,

Thtufus

I have been in contact with people from the aa after my last relapse.It hard thing to go to meetings because the guys go with the guys and the girls go with the girls its just the way it is i guess.I just dont know what the future holds for me but i have a direction.I do know that a future full of addiction is not much of a future.Im on hrt and i dont want to play games with this so what ever is on my plate i can deal with even though it seems imposible

Jo-Ann

Where I live there are lots of coed meetings. Are you in a rural area with limited options? I've heard it said you bring solutions to the meetings and problems to your sponsor. I know an old guy and a gay guy with female sponsors. I'd think being on hrt you really need a sponsor you can trust to do the 'unmanageability" thing in step 1. For me that would be a hard path without a sponsor to confide in. Some things don't need to be brought to meetings if its outside your comfort zone. Going to meetings alone can keep you sober but usually doesn't bring the spiritual journey which is the best part. Maybe check for GLBT meetings too?

Best wishes

Michelle

I definetly know what your saying im way to scared to ask a female to be my sponsor.Im thinking i might get misunderstood but at the same time the person im working with now certain things i dont want to talk about like my transition.My old sponsor new that i was transitioning i think it help that fact that he new made things easier to talk about.Honestly i dont know if i need to tell my new sponsor il just see how it plays out and if its needed than i will if not there no need to tell him.The glbt meeting are really good theres not ones in my area there kinda far away might be able to get to 2 a week.

Guest miss kindheart

Dear Jo-Ann,

<<< hug >>>

Truly becoming a woman surly must be more important than any desire to drink.

It was for me, and so i quit smoking and drinking.

Save your liver for Estrogen :D

You won't regret it :wub:

:wub: vanna