• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Feeling I Had Today

Guest Emily Ray

Guest Emily Ray

Hi Ladies,

I am staying at my Mom and Dad's house for the holidays and my nephew is here also. Today, I was watching him and just admiring what kind of man he has turned out to be. He has juvenile Diabetes and is maybe 5'8" tall and weighs 108lbs. and has completed his Fireman's Training In Michigan which has the hardest training program in the country. He still looks like he's fourteen but don't be fooled! he works the night shift as a welder and has some great insight on life. As a volunteer fireman he has had people die in his arms, and from those experiences he has a perspective and maturity not often found in a young man. And as I was watching him this afternoon I started to morn the man I never was! I don't want to be a man. that never worked out to well for me and I know that. I am often jealous of my female friends because of their ability to be sexual with a man. Of course these are thoughts I only share with my friends here. In AA it is said we are only as sick as our secrets and I don't want to have secrets from anyone. It really starts to bug me when I haven't shared something with a friend that I should. I don't know where I am going with this rant so I'll stop now

Huggs,

Em

Guest sarah f

Emily it is perfectly ok to wonder what if but that isn't who we are. You are a beautiful girl and nobody can say otherwise. We are just correcting our body to match our mind. We were never male so don't beat yourself up thinking about the what if's.

• Forum Moderator

Those kinds of feelings are sometimes the hardest for me. What would it have been like to be a real woman inside and out and what would I have been like? I feel a deep aversion to being a woman inside but still I can't help but wonder. Just as I look with envy sometimes on the tall strong men I see and can never be.

But I don't think I've really felt jealousy as much as a regret that I will never know how it feels to be either a natal man or a natal woman.

I don't dwell on that.

Anymore than I dwell on what it would be like to be really wealthy and never have to feel the fear and insecurity that financial difficulties brings. I can't change it so I acknowledge that I felt it and strive to let it go. Those are natural feelings but can easily turn toxic if given the chance. I don't think you'll give them a chance either.

Hugs

John

Guest JustShelly

But I don't think I've really felt jealousy as much as a regret that I will never know how it feels to be either a natal man or a natal woman.

I don't dwell on that.

Anymore than I dwell on what it would be like to be really wealthy and never have to feel the fear and insecurity that financial difficulties brings. I can't change it so I acknowledge that I felt it and strive to let it go. Those are natural feelings but can easily turn toxic if given the chance. I don't think you'll give them a chance either.

Hugs

John

This is where I am with my thoughts, constantly. The problem is I do dwell on it SO MUCH. At least I recognise I do that. :blush:

Even though I would consider myself an above average Father, I still look at other Fathers and think, "If I could've been more like him, my kids would be better off"

I Have the same thinking at times about being a man, but I was a man so many years of my life that I feel I did the best that I could of done with my gid issues. I don't look at most men and Fathers with envy, most are less of a man I WAS. I do notice though with the young men maturing into adults, I often think. "WHAT IF" though I am proud of many of these young men. Including one of my own. The finest most respectable young man you will see :)

I do constantly look at natal females with envy, only to realise I will always be a trans woman. I am learning little by little to except that, but the envy is always there.

Shelly

Guest Emily Ray

Thank you all for your responses. One of the main reasons I come to this site is the knowledge that I am not alone in my thoughts no matter how crazy they may seem to me. It isn't often that I have something that I can't figure out with a little time and thought, but when it does occur, this site is my primary resource for help. Thank you all!

Huggs,

Emily

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• Lydia_R
    • Curious-star
    • VickySGV
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Mallory Mayson
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Hope32
    Newest Member
    Hope32

1. Ezra__A
      Ezra__A
    2. j-peg
      j-peg
    3. JanetAlb
      JanetAlb
    4. Katexxx
      Katexxx
      (51 years old)
    5. Katievanessa
      Katievanessa
      (32 years old)
    • Lydia_R
      This isn't the best picture, but this is my other arcade gaming setup.  The game on the right is on a touch screen and is a game I coded in 2007.  I had it on the app stores for a decade, but it just became too much of a pain to keep them up there because of all of their rules and OS changes.  My game is very much like this Hoyle Mahjong I play in that it just waits for you to make the next move.  I'm very much into arcade games because of the math and angles.  Aiming.  I think that aiming is a basic thing in life and is why we have so many guns in our cultures.  Guns are unfortunate, but I love aiming.  I have these nice Aerobie freebees that I wish I could find someone to play with.  I've been throwing them in my empty house the last few days and that has been fun.  It's fun having a fairly large empty house that is full of a decade of memories, but I'm likely headed out into a much smaller space after I move.  It's what I have to do for work and the work is good, so I do my best to enjoy the journey.    
    • Lydia_R
      I still eat 1/2C of old fashioned oats a few days a week.  Not so into that steel cut stuff.  I always mix it with rice.  If I screw up and make the oats and don't have any rice, then I typically throw the cooked oats away.  I guess I have my picky routines that I've developed over the decades.   I've been exposed to a lot of transgender people in the last year with many of them living with me.  This wasn't even on my radar years ago.  It sure is interesting, but I don't know how representative of the larger culture it is.
    • Birdie
    • Ladypcnj
      America needs new leadership, but the House seems a bit laid back on that idea, being a President in any position takes a lot of responsibilities and keeping world peace at the same time. 
    • April Marie
      Thank you so much @Willow.
    • Willow
      Good morning everyone   well I think it is official, I picked up a rhinovirus at work no doubt.  I do try to be careful but you can’t always.  I hate wearing a mask. And I can only wash my hands or use sanitizer just so many times.   headache, plugged up nose, lots of phlegm even my ears are plugged up.  I’m doing everything I can but I’m afraid this one’s just going to have to run its course.  Too late for zinc or vitamin C although I will add some to my daily regimen.     I’ve got a lot to do today.  I even have to teach my wife how to drive the new car so she can get my son and daughter-in-law on Tuesday while I’m at work.  Yes it’s that different!  And the first time she’s been behind the wheel since February.  Hard to believe it’s June!   Happy Pride Month.  I had a really nice picture to post but it wouldn’t allow me to copy it.     Willow   “yes I’m old fashion, I still sign my letters”
    • Willow
      Good morning   @April Marie my condolences and prayers for your family.  I realize how difficult it is to process when a family member passes especially when it happen so quickly.  Sending special hugs your way.   Willow
    • Davie
      Happy Pride, everyone! Get out and march and show your colors and show your pictures here! Everywhere around the world. LGBTQ+ Pride Month is starting to show its colors around the world.  Pride Month, the worldwide celebration of LGBTQ+ culture and rights, kicks off Saturday with events around the globe. But this year’s festivities in the U.S. will unfold against a backdrop of dozens of new state laws targeting LGBTQ+ rights, particularly transgender young people. https://apnews.com/article/pride-month-lgbtq-2024-1abf80d0cf1026b60b47f565e9953fec
    • April Marie
      Thank you @Ivy.
    • Davie
    • Ivy
      They are there to make money, not spend it. The bottom line trumps everything.
    • Ivy
      I am also sorry for your loss.
    • Ivy
      The age thing applies to both of them, and I say this as someone in my own mid 70's. As for being "businessmen," I don't consider the government to be a business.  That might be part of our problem now.  But this might not be the place to open that can of worms. I would like to be able to keep my personal freedom to live as myself, and the social security that I worked most of my life for.
    • KatieSC
      Although the right to care has been affirmed, I still find it disheartening that so many of the treatments that are available and beneficial to someone who is trans, is consequently barred by insurance companies who claim that anything beyond HRT and vaginoplasty, are cosmetic. I believe that any procedure that can help to make one passable as their desired gender, has the potential to be lifesaving. Is being able to just blend in as our desired gender so abhorrent to the insurance companies?    I also believe that the transgender communities are taken advantage of in many ways. Look at the number of healthcare providers who will provide care, but want up front payment, which in many cases, is way above what an insurance company will pay. It is very expensive paying out of pocket, yet many of us become so desperate to transition that we just pony up the money.     
    • April Marie
      Thank you so very much. The prayers are much appreciated.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.