• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Androgynous To Me Is Being?

Guest Eveanna

Guest Eveanna

:rolleyes: Hi CD Androgynous Friends,

Being androgynous CD MTF to me is feeling a little like both genders are comfortable to me. My wife knows, but I am in the closet with others. I do feel more at ease with my natural male self, but I have this inside yearning to CD. I really don't want to change my sex and I love my wife very much. Anyone else have more or different feelings with your experience, please share with us.

Eveanna :] :)

Guest Sarah

well, at the moment I consider myself rather androgynous, because i'm actually stil confused and figuring this out. but I dress more and more unisex, a shave my whole body, i'm having facial laser treatment and i'm gowing my hair (it already comes a little bit over shoulders now) so i'm trying to look more feminin in general, without wearing female clothes. (from behind i've been ma'amed once or twice) oh and my voice isn't really low, so sometimes people think they're talking to a woman on the phone (especially when i try to speak formally, yeay me ^^).

anyways conclusion: i'm trying to look more androgynous, at the moment anyway. and hoping that sort of makes me comfortable/happy enough, so i won't need to transition. (which is best if you are really confused ^_^')

if you have further questions, please ask :--)

grtz & hugs,

Sarah x

Guest Keiichi-kun

Right now I am rather confused about who I am but right now consider myself to be androgynous. I do my best to look like a boy, keep my hair short, don't shave, and wear loose clothing. I don't bind so people just see me as a boyish girl which is fine for right now. It seems that I tend to switch from being a boy or girl depending on my mood.

Guest CharliTo

I'm androgynous because that's what I knew I was like from early on in life.

I'm still androgynous because I'm comfortable in it now...but I still do want to go on w/ the hormones and the sex reassignment... (in fact I am on the hormones already)

Meh, that's what I take it I guess...

hi my name is Rob, im new around here and read your post, that follows:

Hi CD Androgynous Friends,

Being androgynous CD MTF to me is feeling a little like both genders are comfortable to me. My wife knows, but I am in the closet with others. I do feel more at ease with my natural male self, but I have this inside yearning to CD. I really don't want to change my sex and I love my wife very much. Anyone else have more or different feelings with your experience, please share with us.

Eveanna :] [/i]

In the umbrella of Transgendered I understand we have cross dressers, androgynies, and transsexuals. But each is clearly different psychologically, and some of those differences are rooted deeply, by years of struggles, pain confusion, hiding, desires, etc… But most of all they are ALL VERY DIFFERENT PSYCHOLOGICALLY. On one side the CDs, then in the middle the Andies, and on the other side are the Ts.es, and people all over in between the three spots.

CD………………………...............................…Andies………............................

........………………..Trans-peeps

Eveanna, honestly I have not done much research on CDs, but it seems to me that CDs yearn for only dressing in the opposite gender’s clothing for the satisfaction of some empty need. It seems to me after reading your profile, where you said it adds esteem, stress relief, and it is a yearning as well, this is true.

So my question to you is the following: your cross dressing desires, are they purely external, physical desires? By physical desires, I mean like the person who works out daily. After not being in the gym they year for a work out. Their body cry’s for it, and if not they are crabby, they feel stressed, and they also yearn for it. Or like, the smoker, where they physically have to smoke, their body needs the action. Is this what the CD experience is like for you? Do you like the clothes because of the sexiness? Then it is kind of over and done, with the yearning till next time? Can you please describe what you feel?

I am very curious because I am familiar with the Andro. Psych. and the Trans Psych, but not the CD. They are worlds apart, and my guess is each of the three experiences are nothing alike and have nothing in common with the other, except the fact they are covered in the umbrella of transgender.

Guest Eveanna
hi my name is Rob, im new around here and read your post, that follows:

am very curious because I am familiar with the Andro. Psych. and the Trans Psych, but not the CD. They are worlds apart, and my guess is each of the three experiences are nothing alike and have nothing in common with the other, except the fact they are covered in the umbrella of transgender.

Hi Rob1

Thanks for your info. I know it can get very complicated as we try to figure all of this out. Laura our adminastrator, had a post somewhere about androgynous. Maybe you can reply to Laura for an additional explanation. CD is not a physical desire for me. It is a driven mental desire, with me. My therapist has told me I have an imbalance in my brain chemicals (nucleus accumbens).

Welcome to the forums!!

Friends,

Eveanna

:)

Guest krazykat

3 years ago, when my SO came out, we began a quest for information. I didn't even realize every complicated nuance that I have begun to understand.

We are both over 50, so my SO didn't believe she would or could transition with SRS at first. I was trying very hard to sell her on the idea that we (people) can be happy in the body we were born with, not realizing my feelings about gender are not the same as hers. NOT THE SAME AS MOST, it would seem.

The more I read, the more I couldn't understand everyone's obsession with not feeling right with the body parts they were born with!! It was only when I meet people face to face, and listened to their stories that I could see the incredible pain in their soul.

I've always felt we are people first, why get so hung up on what gender we are. But, now, I understand, I think right in the middle. I really feel if I had been born with male parts, I would be okay with that also. It's the best of both worlds, IMHO. I can see and understand both sides of the gender's thinking, until they go to the extremes. Example, I never understood women giggling and men doing T driven foolish things that hurt others(including themselves) to prove that they are superior in some way. But, to each their own.

So, now I feel better about myself. I'm stronger, I don't allow people to decide how I should wear my hair(hairdresser friends) or my clothes. Well, those friends don't talk to me anymore anyway, now that I chose to stay with my post-op spouse. I guess they didn't really know me afterall.

And I'm a stronger person, happier and more productive. This is part of what I've begun to understand about my own gender identity. I own it now, instead of allowing anger for people who want to keep me in a box they have labeled. It has given me a lot more time to work on my own family issues, in a positive way.

This is what Androgynous to is being. Hope this makes sense to you.

• 1 month later...
I've always felt we are people first, why get so hung up on what gender we are. But, now, I understand, I think right in the middle. I really feel if I had been born with male parts, I would be okay with that also. It's the best of both worlds, IMHO. I can see and understand both sides of the gender's thinking, until they go to the extremes. Example, I never understood women giggling and men doing T driven foolish things that hurt others(including themselves) to prove that they are superior in some way. But, to each their own.

I think and feel quite the same as you do.

I guess I've always had the feeling that I'm not only a girl, and now I'm quite sure that I am both girl and boy. There are times when I'd like to have less girlish body, but mostly I feel ok with it, even I'd rather have more androgynous body shape. I like my hair long, couldn't even think of cutting it, and these days where I live, the hair length has nothing to do with the gender (lots of boys have long hair and girls short). My clothes are mostly unisex looking, but sometimes I wear skirts, tight shirts or jeans, or something more boyish or mix those 'boy clothes' with 'girl clothes' etc. I guess it depends on my mood, what I wear. But my dressing doesn't tell how I act at the moment, I don't always act like a boy at the moment I'm wearing boyish clothes, I act how I feel like acting.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Link48010

to me being androgynous is having defining parts of your personality that match either or gender. IE, when I sit down and watch What not to Wear for an hour, that's my female personality, when I rock out and turn my stereo up to mock nine and listen to Rammtstein, that's my male personality. Everything I do, watch, listen to, and feel are split rather harmoniously between the two sides of my mind. I listen to t.A.T.u. (totally girlly pop) and Megaherz (uber speed metal with a very masculine sound). I watch Ultimate Fighting Challange and then Dr. Phill afterwards. I can keep going for quite some time. there has only been a few times that I've been unable to make up my mind on which side to go with. My gender is one of them, I don't know which gender I should be, male or female, I'm more than likely comfortable in either, but I wonder if I'm missing out on the life I was supposed to have as a female. Also I was asked by someone (after taking the Cogiati test) which gender I'd like to be treated as, male or female, I simply could not make up my mind to either side. If I made either decision I'd miss out on the other half and that's something I didn't want to do. A lot of my mind has been focused on my body lately, I have a weak heart, weak lungs, and horrible bone problems (my back/neck, knees, shoulders, and elbows are all bad). I most likely won't live to see 55 or 60 so I wanted to push to have the most fulfilling life I could have and I can't make up my mind which road to take. My path was shown perfectly one night. I live out in the middle of nowhere right, so I was sitting out at the end of our driveway crying my brains out from being stressed out. It was almost night. There is a rode that comes to our house that goes East to west. I looked to the west and saw a very beautiful sunset. To the east was a thunderstorm. I thought to myself, how appropriate for my position right now. At first I thought about going to the sunset, but it was fading and wasn't going to last long, If I went that way I'd soon be trapped in the dark. Then I considered east, should I try to weather the storm? But what's on the other side, salvation or another storm. It's the same way in my head, I don't know which way to go. Now I've heard many opinions that have said "stay as you are for now and wait to see." I planned on that either way, I'm only 17 and I'm still in highschool, I don't plan on making any moves for a few years yet, but still, I've always been indecisive, unless I make up my mind ASAP, I never will.

Sorry, that was a long post, thanks for listening to me get all whinny.

Guest Frois

For me being androgynous is being like a mixture of the two genders.

In my case switching looks (sometimes male sometimes female) is not something that I do, I feel like I'm (as I said) a mixture of genders, a different one, so I don't think I'd feel comfortable looking like a woman, I like looking androgyne :D

I also have an androgyne way to be, I'm not a manly man but I'm not a feminine one neither. I like being "in the middle", being a "3rd" one... I don't feel like I have to look or behave masculine nor feminine at all, that kinda mekes me feel like free 'cause I do whatever I feel to do.