• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Recommendations For Almost Androgynous Clothes

Michelle 2010

I like to look for clothes from the ladies departments that can pass either way. I discovered this at Sam's Club. Laura Ashley T-shirts seasonally long and short sleeve. The fit is slimmer. The short sleeves a little shorter and the long sleeves a little more arm hugging than mens shirts. Since then, I have looked in Sears Walmart Target etc and found similar ones. Some have slightly more scooped necks. Some have a little satin on the inside of the neck. The key for me is to find ones that are female but not femme. Its fun! I wear them all the time around town. Occasionally I'll pick one up that is too obviously scoop necked and keep them for layering under others or walking the dog.

I'd love to find shorts or pants that I could do the same thing with, female but not overtly femme. Obviously the cut in the waist and rear end is critical.

Anyone have products they can share that are like this?

BTW, I posted a similar topic in Beauty.

Michelle

Guest cdcrazy

Hmmm. I see where you are coming from and I do own some clothes that could be called androgynous but that isn't really what I am about. I have some panties that at first glance would not scream "female" and I have some jeans that don't look female unless you look at the glitter on the back. Actually I have a great pair of pink jeans that are actually male jeans so perhaps they could be called androgynous.

For me I always underdress with clothes that are female and that it vwhat I am.

Hmmm. I see where you are coming from and I do own some clothes that could be called androgynous but that isn't really what I am about. I have some panties that at first glance would not scream "female" and I have some jeans that don't look female unless you look at the glitter on the back. Actually I have a great pair of pink jeans that are actually male jeans so perhaps they could be called androgynous.

For me I always underdress with clothes that are female and that it vwhat I am.

The microfibers are pretty versatile. About all I have.

The shirt thing looks ok on me because, though I try to stay fit, I don't do muscle developing forearm or bicep exercises and don't look like a trucker in a skimpy shirt. If I had major muscles It woudn't work. I know a 25-30 year old body builder who wears shirts with smallish short sleeves but often has a camo component. It looks kind like a gay look to me but I'm not gay so I'm not sure. I don't ask and don't tellcool.gif Maybe young women find it hot, really don't know

Michelle

BTW, pink mens jean, huh? must be a story there somewhere...