• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Alittle About Me

Guest megan_selene

Guest megan_selene

Hi this is my first time using the forums and my spelling isnt the greates. I came out to my mom a few months ago. At first i thought she was ok wtih it. Unfortuanley she betrayed me and told me somethings that really hurt. That was the first time on years that i ran to my room and cried. Usally i am calm kind person that maked friends esaily. I still trying to get over my mom words but i am happy to talk to anyone and to be friends.

Guest raydub

Welcome to Laura's Playground megan_selene!

Im glad youve found us. There is a lot of information and experience here. Maybe you'll be able to gather a few ideas that will help you with your mom. Im sorry that her reaction was as it was...but sometimes these things take time. Have a look around and make yourself at home.

:)

Ray

Guest Drew

hi Megan_Selene :) welcome to the forums. i'm sorry your mom said things to you that were so hurtful, but sometimes people can have very extreme reactions to big news.

• Root Admin

Hello megan_selene,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. You'll find a lot of friends here for sure. Unfortunately a lot of parents react the same way your mom did. Don't let it get you down.

MaryEllen :)

Guest Keiichi-kun

Welcome to the forums megan. I'm sorry your mother said such hurtful things to you but unfortunately people tend to overreact to news such as this. Try giving her some time to see if she calms down or maybe try to educate her on what being transgender really is. Hopefully she will come to understand you better :)

Guest megan_selene

Sorry couldnt reply eariler didnt have access to a computer. Thank for the kind words but i doubt even educating her would help. Not to mention we arent really even talking to one another all that much right now. Right now i just hoping she doesnt tell the rest of my family becaused if that happend it wouldnt take long for that news to spread.