• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Disapointed

Guest JoannaSydney

i got my results from my doctor today and it seems that after almost 3 months my testaterone level is still high.I believe it was almost 500 and now its 370 so now he wants me to take XX mg of estrodial not XX mg twice a day.Does anyone have a take on this or offer any feedback?

love Jo-Ann

Edited by Elizabeth K
Removed specific dosage amounts
Guest JaniceW

Jo-Ann,

An answer from my experience as a nurse and not personal experience. The physiology of the effect of hormones like estrogen on or bodies varies from person to person. Estrogen (of which estradiol is one varient, there are three) battle with testosterone in the body. The presense of estrogen cause a converstion of testosterone to other compounds (some of which are estrogens). The amount that this happens is effected by a number of different factors. The use of antiandrogens is to further surpress the effect of the testosterone and further lower the T level.

The fact that your T is falling from the presense of estrogen is a good sign. The fact that it hasn't yet fallen to where your doctor wants it to be is why the doctor is increasing your dose. The adjustment of dosages is not unusual as the only way to know how much these measurements will change is to take the estrogen and see what happens and then adjust dosage until the desired effect is reached.

So, in a nutshell, this is nothing to be concerned about, it is the normal process of getting your dosages right.

Jo-ann, are you taking a testosterone blocker in addition to the estradiol or are you just taking estradiol, since the dosages were edited out i can assume you were on a low starter dosage, does your doctor have experience with other trans patients.

A fairly common HRT regimen in the US includes Spironolactone to lower the testosterone so a lower dosage of estradiol can be given.

Paula

I am on just the estrodial of course im going to follow my doctors guide i wasnt looking for sugestions just was curious were others was at my stage of 3 months

Guest JaniceW

I am on just the estrodial of course im going to follow my doctors guide i wasnt looking for sugestions just was curious were others was at my stage of 3 months

3 Months is usually the first review of the effect of the hormone regime you are on so I would guess that your situation is following he usual process.

Guest Donna Jean

3 months isn't long. I suspect the advice from your doc is probably from more of an authority than you will find here.

Agreed....

But, many I see get lower T results over time and 3 months is a short time...

Donna Jean

Guest Emily Ray

Yes 3 months is a very short time and they usually like to go slow because your body is not used to estrogen at high levels he probably started you off at a lower level. I didn't reach my present dose until 7 months HRT. Now that my levels are stable and within guidelines I should be good with a checkup every six months with blood work unless something happens.

Huggs

Emily

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 172 Guests (See full list)

• Roach
    • Ivy
    • Stefi
    • Justine76
    • KymmieL
    • Karen Carey
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sdelong
    Newest Member
    Sdelong

1. Billie75B
      Billie75B
      (67 years old)
    2. Chloe Cloud
      Chloe Cloud
      (32 years old)
    3. Hannah Emma
      Hannah Emma
      (41 years old)
    4. Joan Arbour
      Joan Arbour
      (77 years old)
    5. Liz B
      Liz B
      (49 years old)
    • Ivy
      My inner child likes to cuddle with Blahaj.  I know it's weird, but it works for me.
    • Ivy
      I'm not sure they can do this.  Not on line anyway.  LOL   Defamation?  Not that I personally know of.
    • KathyLauren
      It's a sign! 
    • Justine76
      Nice! I've found myself shopping around for astrophotography gear more than once but haven't taken the plunge yet. To close to a metro area to do it from my home.
    • Ivy
      It never occurred to me to be able to see them here in the south.   Maybe tonight if it's not cloudy.
    • KymmieL
      @Willow Oh, yeah. been on anti-depressants for years. Actually 2 different ones. Take them each and every morning along with my other meds. 
    • Ivy
    • Sally Stone
      Well, this last post brings my trans life up to date.  What happens from here is anyone's guess.  The next big milestone will be retirement, probably next year some time.  I don't think that will change things much for Sally because as I have stated previously, I am in a mostly happy place where she is concerned.    I do have a few more posts planned, as I would like to write in more detail about a few occurrences that were memorable to me.  Hopefully they will be of interest to others.    Hugs,   Sally  
    • Ladypcnj
      Has anyone been a victim of online defemination? and what to do about it?
    • Vidanjali
      Yes, this is very therapeutic. You are able to see different aspects of your own personality. There is the part which has survived life thus far through decision making and lots of trial and error. That part of you is your wise and capable parent. When you feel strongly identified with the scared child in you, you can turn to the wise parent part of you whom you trust to guide you. You have faith and trust in that part of you necessarily because it has gotten you this far. Naturally, we all have room for improvement and advancement, but you can only start where you are and try to do your best with what you have to work with and deal with. But by adopting this attitude, you see that wise parental part of you become stronger, wiser, and more steadfast and skillful. Then the child in you increasingly becomes more trusting and carefree. 
    • Susan R
      You want to hear coincidence? I just posted that and my neighbor just texted me and said she has been up early because there were Northen Lights outside. Then 2 seconds later I get an extreme weather alert. “We are experiencing Extreme Geomagnetic conditions observed and continued severe geomagnetic storms expected to continue through the weekend”.
    • KathyLauren
      No you aren't!!  There were reports from Texas, Arkansas and the Carolinas of spectacular shows last night.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, the best show since 1938, someone said.  Tonight is supposed to be just as good.  (OK, maybe a twice-in-a-lifetime event.  )
    • Susan R
      @KathyLauren That’s absolutely beautiful. Love those colors! That would be so nice to see some time. I’m too far South to ever see these spectacular events.   Very Nice, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Welcome @AmandaJoy, It’s a pleasure to have you join us here on the forum. It does seem much easier to suppress this understanding of ourselves until one day, it’s not. It all suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks. Those puzzle pieces all suddenly seem to fit and there’s no going back. Like you, I waited until I felt there was no other choice. It was now or never! Never having the opportunity to be myself in this world was not going to be an option.   Words of wisdom there. Many of us try to make up for lost time or try to get results faster than a cis puberty but it just doesn’t work that way as you’ve learned. It’s difficult waiting for the changes but the good news…eventually you’ll experience many of them and the joys that come with those changes are wonderful and exciting. But like most good things, they take time. And sometimes it’s helpful things don’t happen overnight. Especially if you have others that need time to adjust to your physical and emotional changes.   I wish you the best on your continuing journey wherever that may lead you. I think you’ll enjoy this forum as there are great resources, advice, and people here that make it what it is. Hope to see you around.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • KathyLauren
      I enjoyed my Saturday moka-pot coffee this morning while doing something I love: processing astronomy images.  I didn't stay up late to watch last night's spectacular aurora, but my all-sky camera did, taking pictures every minute.    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.