• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feeling Down About It

Guest Emily H

Guest Emily H

Hey, I've not been feeling very open to dressing/being a girl temporarily lately.

Anyone have anything to cheer me up to trying it again? Because I really do want to do it more. I love the thought, and I love when I do it.

Also, I really want to try wearing jeans but they just...don't stay up. Maybe it has something to do with the lack of hips? Because they fit beautifully....I think. They feel great other than they don't stay up very well, bending over or sitting brings them down a bit... Kind of messes with the undies underneath too. Anyone else have problems with pants?

• Admin

Hi, Emily. I have a similar problem with pants. The high waisted ones fit fine, but they tend to sag a bit on me, too. Try wearing a

belt with them and cinching them up as tight as you can. I really love women's jeans, because the fabric is so much softer and the stretchy

waistline makes them easy to wear even if you gain a pound or two.

As to getting your femme mojo back, try coming up with some new outfit combinations to wear, or maybe buying something new but inexpensive,

or a little accessory to liven things up a bit. A scarf or some bling can do wonders to a wardrobe. I used to find fashion catalogs

and magazines to be very inspiring, too.

Good luck!

Carolyn Marie

I agree with Carolyn Marie. Buy something inexpensive. Lipstick, nailpolish, false eyelashes or nails, bra, cami, etc. Something to look forward to trying or wearing. Toe rings and ankle bracelets can be worn any time and help to lift ones spirits.