• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do I Look Like A Girl?

Guest chibi_usa

Do i look like a girl?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do i look like a girl? Rate me please

• 1(Manliest)
    • 10(Girliest)

Guest Maria_B

I'm not sure what is popular over in the US, but where I live in Australia, bubble cuts are very Pre-teen Boy.

Thats about all I can pick up on, everything else is pretty androgynous to me :3.

Guest ChloëC

I'd say you look fairly androgynous, not particularly male, but not exactly female. About a 4 or 5. Are you on hormones? If so how long? The t-shirt also looks fairy unisex, so maybe go with something a little more feminine, if you're aiming for a 10. Being recognized as a certain gender often takes several visual cues, clothing, hair style, facial features, if you use cosmetics, as examples. The more you add in, the more likely people will see you the way you hope.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest chibi_usa

Ahaha! Ya I know about the shirt. I was just too lazy, that part doesn't matter. Anyways the haircut that's the only one I could do because my parents would kill me if I did my eyebrows, and they're bushy so I try to hide them. So ya I meant all just about the face LOL! And yes I was on hormones *illegally* for 6 months, and yes I stopped doing it for like 2 yrs :l Gr. but like ya. So what other advise does everyone have? Thanks!

Guest ChloëC

ok, just a suggestion, if you're going to go with the long hair, get it styled a little more, bring it forward from the ears to around the cheeks to soften your other facial features. It looks a little like pig tails (or whatever they're called now) which looks a little young on you. And it doesn't have to be really long either. It's the style not the length.

Don't worry so much about the eyebrows, I can probably find pictures of lots of young women that have thick eyebrows. It's probably always recommened because it's one of the easiest to change along with hair style.

Hugs

Chloe

ps and hopefully there are others out there with thoughtful suggestions!

• Forum Moderator

I think with makeup you could look very feminine. There are clearly possibilities there. Right now I agree the look is primarily androgynous.

Hugs

John

Guest ChloëC

ok, I never like doing this - comparing someone to someone else,but an example of something similar to what I'm suggesting would be Lauren S (Laurie) who also has asked here on the site. Not that her style is the end all and be all, and of course she is wearing a little makeup, which always helps, but if anyone is going to let one's hair do a lot of the work, one has to work a lot with it.

One thing I do want you to think about. You asked about 'girly' things. Often to many people that means not just facial features, but clothes, makeup, gestures, hair. It's a lot of cues that people will pick up on. If you're looking to pass, then it's mannerisms, attitude, voice changes. At that point, eyebrows will be just another feature.

Hugs

Chloe