• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Here

Guest Rachael92

Guest Rachael92

Hi all,I am new here just briefly I am a pre op English T/S,I began hormone treatment just over a year ago and it has been the best year of my 43 that I have somehow managed to rack up!--Like a lot of us I took the route of drink and drugs supress my feeligs with disastorous results,however thats a long,complicated story,the fact is today I am clean and sober and have been for nearly 3 years and with the help of following a 12step programe I have been able to accept the fact that as well as being alcoholic that I am also a transsexual,something that I never thought would never happen is happening because I am learning to love myself and I am being true to myself at long long last!!

I would love to hear from anyone so please drop me a line to say hello,as I cant be on my own I need friends.

• Root Admin

Hi Rachael,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. You'll make plenty of friends here, that's for sure. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

MaryEllen :)

Guest Christine-Louise

Hi Rachael,

Enjoy this wonderful site it's full of information, by the way I am also from the UK, and as Mary Ellen says you will find lots of friends here, they are a lovely bunch of amazing people, and all have a different story to tell, and that is what makes this such a fantastic site and the best one around.

Guest Isobelle Fox

Hey there, Rachael.

I've always thought that was a really pretty name.

I'm glad you found your way to Laura's. Its a great site and everyone here is really friendly. No doubt you will quickly make friends and learn all kinds of useful things. Jump right in!

Guest raydub

Rachael,

Congratulations on your 3 years clean and sober. Our stories are similar, I see...I just hit bottom a bit younger than yourself...im 25 and have 2 years. Yes, finally being clean and clear headed let me realize that I am indeed a transsexual and that I can do something about it and actually be happy in my own skin. WHAT a revelation!!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome. ..and keep coming back.

There are many friends to be had here...and lots of love.

Enjoy Laura's Playground!!!

Ray W.

Guest jennifer_mcg

Hi Rachel, welcome. Your story ... many of us have been over those bumps! So glad you have found your way and congratulations!

JJ