• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bras And Breast Growth

Guest aly71

Guest aly71

I have been on estrogren for 6 weeks now and am starting to notice/feel some small changes to my chest. I know breasts may not be symertical, but do have some concerns. My left nippple looks like it could be what's called a inverted nipple. On the right side the areola looks like it might be facing slightly downward.

My breast may be too small for a bra at this point, but would like some answers or advice.

Can wearing a bra help define the direction the areola and nipple will point as the breast grows out?

Should I be wearing a bra when I sleep?

I'll probably ask my doctor in a few weeks, but would like to hear others experience.

Guest Shaun.Olsen
I have been on estrogren for 6 weeks now and am starting to notice/feel some small changes to my chest. I know breasts may not be symertical, but do have some concerns. My left nippple looks like it could be what's called a inverted nipple. On the right side the areola looks like it might be facing slightly downward.

My breast may be too small for a bra at this point, but would like some answers or advice.

Can wearing a bra help define the direction the areola and nipple will point as the breast grows out?

Should I be wearing a bra when I sleep?

I'll probably ask my doctor in a few weeks, but would like to hear others experience.

hey there, well in answer to your question, yes they help alot, they give support to what could be a heavy weiht, will stop the skin from stretching and development of stretch marks... how i know??? lol i never worn one my entire life LOL! and now i pay the price.. lol (huge and ugly)

Guest mandy05

Interesting question.

I've only been on estrogen for a little over 3 weeks now, and I believe I may be starting to notice a minor change in my breast area also. My nipples appear to be maybe a tad bit larger, and kind of pointing out more, however they are not sensitive yet. Plus my areola doesn't look any different yet either.

I will probably start wearing a bra more often, and when I sleep at night also. I'm just not so sure if I should wear a training bra or just my regular size which is the bra that I had been wearing when I dress.

Guest Jessica Renae
Interesting question.

I've only been on estrogen for a little over 3 weeks now, and I believe I may be starting to notice a minor change in my breast area also. My nipples appear to be maybe a tad bit larger, and kind of pointing out more, however they are not sensitive yet. Plus my areola doesn't look any different yet either.

I will probably start wearing a bra more often, and when I sleep at night also. I'm just not so sure if I should wear a training bra or just my regular size which is the bra that I had been wearing when I dress.

i have no clue if it will help but it sure can't hurt. However, I would recomend a sports bra. It will offer the support that a traditional bra (even an A cup) will not provide. I would say most training bras would be far too small for the most of us.