• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bra Size

Guest bwkmisty

Guest bwkmisty

Hi ladies, this is my first posting as I just joined this what looks like a great forum.

Can any of you girls tell me the one and only true way of finding out how to measure for size bra.

According to my measurements and with my breast forms, my bra size is an 18DD but the bras are to tight and a 20DD the cups are to large.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

Guest terisa
Hi ladies, this is my first posting as I just joined this what looks like a great forum.

Can any of you girls tell me the one and only true way of finding out how to measure for size bra.

According to my measurements and with my breast forms, my bra size is an 18DD but the bras are to tight and a 20DD the cups are to large.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with that type of measurement...are you outside the U.S.? Here, the first set of numbers goes by chest measurement, in inches.

I have a 40 inch chest, but most bras that size have not fit well, probably due to their "guess" on women's cup size for that chest measurement.

Anyway, I have found a good fit with 38 B cup. I have modest, though quite noticeable, gynecomastia, and I can easily fill B cups. Hopefully with my medications (Tagamet, Lunesta, Avodart, Flomax), I will be able to develop C cup size breasts. I find it emotionally fulfilling to wear a bra, though I am careful as to where I wear them when in public.

Since my chest size is 40, a 38 bra is somewhat tight. I have remedied this with "bra extenders" which are small strips about 2-3 inches, that fit into the fasteners on the back of the bra. Got them (and my bras) at Macy's lingerie. The women clerks there did not seem at all startled by my requests. Guess they actually get a lot of men in there buying bras.

Good luck with your search!

Guest JoAnnDallas

Be careful of the what they say for sizing a bra. Sizing a bra is kinda like dress/skirt sizes. I have one size 38B bra that I can hardly clasp and is very tight. I also have two other 38B bra's that fit nicely. BTW, my chest measures 38" and the normal sizing chart says to add like 4-5 inches. That would put me at around a 42-44 bra. If I put on a 44B bra it would be so loose that it would look really bad. Your best bet is to get a bra fitting done. Depening on your height and body size, will depend on what your cup size will be. For me a 38B/C bra is perfect. Anything larger looks weird on me.

If I want to go out and blend in then a B/C cup is all I need. If I want to go to a night club and do the DQ thing, then a D or DD bra would be OK.

Bra size is tricky. Nancy at the Breastform Store gave me the best info. Buy the band size based on your chest measurement. I am a 41" and buy 42 bras. Depending on my mood I wear anything from a c cup to a j cup.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)

• SamC
    • Thea
    • MAN8791
    • Mallory Mayson
    • Ashley0616
    • April Marie
    • VickySGV
    • Stefi
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vivelacors
    Newest Member
    Vivelacors

1. Aelia
      Aelia
      (22 years old)
    2. Just-Jenny-finally
      Just-Jenny-finally
      (65 years old)
    3. KelcieK
      KelcieK
      (50 years old)
    4. Krimson Kya
      Krimson Kya
      (35 years old)
    5. Robin
      Robin
      (56 years old)
    • MAN8791
      Both of my parents were raised in WASP-ish families. What was or wasn't appropriate, with an emphasise on superficial appropriateness (conformity) was verbally beaten into me the second I hit puberty.   Which is really sad as I think back, and was bewildering at the time. I remember being really free to be expressive how I wanted to and then once I started puberty, all of that freedom disappeared and I didn't understand, at all.
    • MAN8791
      I'm doing "beans and rice" for dinner tonight, but it's Punjabi style red bean curry and saffron rice, and I always have an appetizer tray of cut vegetables and dip (seasoned yogurt to go with the theme) on the table.  Might grab a package of naan from the store on the way home, or just make a pan of very american biscuits to go with.
    • MAN8791
      I'm volunteering both days of our Pride Festival (signing other volunteers in, lol).    Taking my two younger kids (oldest is way too cool for school, lol) to a family friendly pride festival, and then turning them loose at the city wide event while I listen to music. They're old enough to experiment with independence and the festival is in a controlled enough space they can feel like they're getting away from me without being *that* far away. My middle is newly out as LGBTQ+ and has been practicing their makeup look for a couple weeks already (age 14) <3 
    • Ashley0616
      Well today was mostly sleeping so far. I woke up at around 0600 and made sure my oldest was ready for school. I came back down on the computer chair and next thing I knew it was 0953. I went through speech therapy for myself. Next thing I realize it's 1300 and apparently went to sleep again. I knew I slept last night but whew apparently not enough. 
    • MAN8791
      Jeans, grey henley, heathered grey blazer with elbow patches, split sole jazz sneakers. Blazer is one of my favorite wardrobe pieces and it's warm but super windy today so perfect sort of day for it 
    • MAN8791
      Fragile is my word of the day. More intense dysphoria than my baseline normal, feeling emotionally on edge. Also ignoring a piece of therapy homework that's actually going to be beautiful when it's done (I'm doing an art piece exploring emotions around the name I was given at birth).
    • MAN8791
      Got accosted in a grocery store parking lot this morning by someone out on a petition drive (in my state, citizens can gather petition signatures to advance ballot measures; I'm always a little cautious about encountering petition drives "in the wild" because unless it's an issue that's been talked about *a lot* it can also be used as a way to just gather voter information).   ANYWAY, the person with the clipboard is presumable cis male and aggressive and I'm AFAB, genderfluid, dressed pretty androgenously this morning and this guy hollars across the parking lot asking "young lady" if I'm a registered voter.   Informed him I'm neither young nor a lady (guy was at least a decade younger than me, maybe more) and wasn't interested in the petition anyway.   "Oh, so I guess you're just offended then."   "YEP!"  
    • Vidanjali
      Welcome @FelixThePickleMan! I admire your ambition to become a K9 handler. Working dogs are fascinating and outstanding. 
    • Vidanjali
    • FelixThePickleMan
      I also struggle with being short (5'2) and everyone around me is taller especially my guy friends. And to my guy friend I pass with them and they're cool with me being trans but I often don't feel man enough and I'ts really hard dealing with the feeling of not being enough, and my mom often makes it seem as if I'm hopping on a trend which isn't true. I wear masculine clothes and sometimes I pass well but a lot of times I don't and that's really a struggle. Some people say I act masculine and others say the opposite, I try to pass but some times it's really hard especially with my mom because she uses my birth name me and uses she her pronouns for me and doesn't let anyone use anything else because they say they're being respectful to her even though she's not there. I remember being in an art group and they use my name Felix and my mom got flaming mad and told me and the people in charge that if they called me Felix again she would revoke my privilege to go there and I'd never go again. So it's often tough to pass all the time. 
    • Ashley0616
      WOW! Did she give a reason at least? It's not like it takes up that much space.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Yeah, it would be awesome to have something new, and it would fit the space pretty well.  We have kitchen counters big enough to process whole deer, goats, large amounts of vegetables, etc.   Unfortunately for me, I couldn't even convince our "den queen" to let me have counter space in our downstairs kitchenette for a Keurig.  🙄
    • Vidanjali
    • MAN8791
      I think the biggest mental block to acceptance is the language that keeps us othered and on the fringes, rather than woven deeply into society. But I also think that's changing fairly rapidly. My youngest is well into their young adult genre novels phase and I'm impressed (and kind of amazed) at how many of their mainstream traditionally published novels have LGBTQ+ themes woven in. That child is 12, and I suspect that as the kids who are in middle school along with them grow up, they're just going to expect and demand better than we've done as their parents. They've seen it in the fiction they read and have every expectation that it will be part of the life they live.
    • Ashley0616
      Heck they took off three grand on that one. That is massive! Then again your nest isn't small either so I guess would definitely come in handy.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.